Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014

Old 05-09-2014, 10:32 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
The dirtsheets were saying he was gonna bail because the original plan for Payback was Bryan v. Batista and Batista thought it would be a better use of his time to go do his movie promotion early instead of putting over Bryan again. If that's true I guess he decided to stick around another month for the Shield feud and will be leaving after that.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:58 AM
Concert Veteran

Batista's problem had to do with money, not putting over Bryan. You can tell the report about him leaving because he didn't wanna put Bryan over is bullshit because if Vince tells Batista he's losing to Bryan then that's what Batista will be doing. Vince would probably have fired him if he flat out refused to lose to Bryan again. Orton should be getting his rematch for the belt first anyways.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Batista's problem had to do with money, not putting over Bryan. You can tell the report about him leaving because he didn't wanna put Bryan over is bullshit because if Vince tells Batista he's losing to Bryan then that's what Batista will be doing. Vince would probably have fired him if he flat out refused to lose to Bryan again. Orton should be getting his rematch for the belt first anyways.
I can't see money being the problem. HHH is paying him more than most of the roster I assume.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:52 AM
with his arms outstretched

Well who knows the true truth but I've read that he's upset bcause he was promised the Royal Rumble win, a solo mainevent at Wrestlemania and I title win in that match; as an uberface. And as we all saw that fell flat on its face.

I like Batista but they were pushing him as a star on the level of a Rock or Cena and he really wasn't THAT big a star. Although writing this I just remembered that he did main event Wrestlemania 21. But it was a different time them.

I think they thought his return would get people as excited as the Rock and they learned the hard way that he wasn't as big a name as they thought he was.

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2
Old 05-09-2014, 12:11 PM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

I was so confused when they were hyping Batista's return, I kept saying to myself "WTF, its only Batista...." even when he was a World Champ and main eventing I didn't see him as that big of a deal. He was cool as a midcarder in Evolution's first run because he seemd to play the role as Triple H's righthand man/body guard, but trying to book him as an OMG ROCK/STONE COLD LEVEL MAIN EVENTER is just silly.

Maybe it would have worked out better if they had intended on him being a heel, but sicne they wanted him to be a huge face and just come in and take the gold, then of course the crowd will respond negatively. It's like how they shove John Cena down everyones throat as the main face and no one wants to accept it because they're sick of him.

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Old 05-09-2014, 12:46 PM

Batista is just a mid carder that because he's friends with Trips got pushed too hard and too far.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:17 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
I can't see money being the problem. HHH is paying him more than most of the roster I assume.
Probably but wrestlers get payoffs if they're on the PPV cards. Maybe he thought he didn't get the amount he should.

I think if Batista came back as a surprise entrant in the rumble with no hype he would've got a good reaction. Most veterans who have been away for a while usually do when they come back at the rumble. Him as a face just doesn't work now because I think he reminds people of a time when the product was absolute crap except for a few guys on the roster. His rise to the main event was actually done well in 2005 but he was the number two guy when the product was garbage for the most part. So, people not caring about him and to a lesser extent the evolution reunion is not surprising.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:52 PM

In Batistas defense, don't hate on him. If Vince and Triple H came at me and told me they were going to have me win the Rumble, main event Wrestlemania, win the title and be a uberface (and pay me a fortune) I'd say yes too. Even if I knew the crowd was going to shit on it. It's their decision, let them Fuck up whatever they want.

07/06 -- U2
Old 05-11-2014, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
I was so confused when they were hyping Batista's return, I kept saying to myself "WTF, its only Batista...." even when he was a World Champ and main eventing I didn't see him as that big of a deal. He was cool as a midcarder in Evolution's first run because he seemd to play the role as Triple H's righthand man/body guard, but trying to book him as an OMG ROCK/STONE COLD LEVEL MAIN EVENTER is just silly.

Maybe it would have worked out better if they had intended on him being a heel, but sicne they wanted him to be a huge face and just come in and take the gold, then of course the crowd will respond negatively. It's like how they shove John Cena down everyones throat as the main face and no one wants to accept it because they're sick of him.
Like most times I have to agree with you.

Batista was a main-eventer during one of the WWE's valleys. When it did get more popular towards the end of his last run he was an (very) upper-midcarder and decent title challenger. He was championship material but he wasn't the kind of guy you could build an entire show around. As we learned in the build to Wrestlemania.

Had Batista been around in the Attitude-era or had Brock Lesnar have stuck around in 2004 he would have been an upper-midcarder at best. And if he were to debut as a new superstar today he'd blend in with the furniture (as so many similar built talent has in the last five years). He was a product of a bad time in the WWE, as someone else said. I keep forgetting that he already did main event a Wrestlemania (21, against Triple H) but it was at a time when the WWE was on it's way down.

I think the one thing that really killed him during this return was winning the Royal Rumble. That Royal Rumble and that crowd killed a lot of the WWE's momentum. It pretty much killed Rey Mysterio too (even though he is a walking cast). If Daniel Bryan had of at least been IN that Rumble things would've worked out differently. Batista could've even won and people still would have reacted differently.

07/06 -- U2

Last edited by adamclark52; 05-11-2014 at 07:25 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:08 AM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

Apprently thre is talk of a Shield vs Evolution rematch at Payback, I bet this'll be a way to write Batista out of future storylines by having them lose or something. Maybe loser disbands or something? I dunno...

Also, I'm surprised Triple H has never been in a Buried Alive match

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom