Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014
Skid Row -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014

  #3141  
Old 04-09-2014, 07:30 PM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
Just ordered myself an Ultimate Warrior shirt... was a bit pricey, but well worth it
Did you order it from WWE.com? They got his shirts on sale for $17.99

I had that action figure you posted of pic of to. I may have been a little too old to be playing with wrestling figures when that one came out but I still had one.
Reply With Quote
  #3142  
Old 04-09-2014, 08:43 PM
John The Drummer's Avatar
John The Drummer John The Drummer is offline
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Did you order it from WWE.com? They got his shirts on sale for $17.99

I had that action figure you posted of pic of to. I may have been a little too old to be playing with wrestling figures when that one came out but I still had one.
Yup! The price took a leap after shipping and tax was added, but whatevs.
__________________
- Dalla Nebbia
facebook.com/dallanebbiamusic
dallanebbia.bandcamp.com

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Reply With Quote
  #3143  
Old 04-10-2014, 10:35 AM
John The Drummer's Avatar
John The Drummer John The Drummer is offline
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,536
I saw a photo backstage of Hogan, Patterson, and Warrior right after his promo. They all looked so happy to be there.... definitely brought on the water works

On a different note, if Sting REALLY DOES come to WWE (which him saying "31 is my new favorite number" makes it that much more likely...) I would love to see him go against 'Taker, but only if Taker is physically capable of it. Sting could come out and say "Taker, one more match. The streak may be over, but let's give the crowd what they've always wanted to see..."
Undertaker and Sting were so similar in their own iconic way, and I always compared the two.

I know the match probably wouldn't be very exciting, but it'd still be a once in a lifetime bout!
__________________
- Dalla Nebbia
facebook.com/dallanebbiamusic
dallanebbia.bandcamp.com

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com

Last edited by John The Drummer; 04-10-2014 at 10:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3144  
Old 04-10-2014, 04:45 PM
Christen Christen is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
I saw a photo backstage of Hogan, Patterson, and Warrior right after his promo. They all looked so happy to be there.... definitely brought on the water works

On a different note, if Sting REALLY DOES come to WWE (which him saying "31 is my new favorite number" makes it that much more likely...) I would love to see him go against 'Taker, but only if Taker is physically capable of it. Sting could come out and say "Taker, one more match. The streak may be over, but let's give the crowd what they've always wanted to see..."
Undertaker and Sting were so similar in their own iconic way, and I always compared the two.

I know the match probably wouldn't be very exciting, but it'd still be a once in a lifetime bout!
The match alone would be worth it for the intros and the stare down.
__________________
Sept 27th - Godsmack
October 5th - Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Skeletonwitch
Reply With Quote
  #3145  
Old 04-10-2014, 06:15 PM
rjturtle9's Avatar
rjturtle9 rjturtle9 is offline
D.B.B.
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 3,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
The match alone would be worth it for the intros and the stare down.
They need to let Sting come out to Seek and Destroy like in WCW.
__________________
"Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach." - Nathan Explosion
Reply With Quote
  #3146  
Old 04-10-2014, 09:25 PM
XDoomsayerX XDoomsayerX is offline
I'm reaching out for something else.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
The match alone would be worth it for the intros and the stare down.
This! And the posters, promos, fuck who cares bout the match iitself lol
__________________
Senses Fail-10/3
Mastojira-10/17
TWY/TSSF-10/19
Tough Mudder-10/26
Real Friends/Neck Deep?-11/7
Reply With Quote
  #3147  
Old 04-11-2014, 08:53 AM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,296
Time for my weekly shit on TNA: really, Eric Young is the World Heavyweight Champion? They must have really rebooted his character because the last time I watched he was basically a taller Hornswoggle.

And WWE has decided to stop using the term "pay per view" and will now refer to monthly events (which you have to pay for to view, unless you have the Network) as "special events".

And Vickie Guererro left. I know a lot of people hated her but I always found her entertaining, in doses. I always felt bad for her too though. I don't think being on the road is what she wanted to be doing with her life but I don't know if Eddie left her in very good financial shape.
__________________
08/23 - Alice in Chains
09/19 - Deafheaven
09/26 - Belphegor
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend

Last edited by adamclark52; 04-11-2014 at 09:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3148  
Old 04-11-2014, 11:35 AM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,037
Eric Young's world title win is nothing more than a short "thanks for the loyalty and hard work over the years" reign like Foley's WWF title reigns were. I fully expect him to drop it back to Magnus at their PPV in a few weeks. They have made him more serious over the last several months but still he's not a world title guy. It will be a short run so it doesn't upset me much. What does piss me off is how they had Samoa Joe lose a few title matches to Magnus but they had Eric Young, who had already wrestled in a qualifying match earlier in the show (hey, that sounds familiar) beat Magnus for the belt in the main event. Samoa Joe should've been the one to end Magnus's awful title run and the company should be building itself around Samoa Joe as champion.

I don't mind the WWE dropping the term "pay per view" since PPV doesn't really exist anymore for the company with the arrival of the network. If you have the network, you really are watching a special event not a PPV anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #3149  
Old 04-11-2014, 12:38 PM
XDoomsayerX XDoomsayerX is offline
I'm reaching out for something else.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,480
Watched an ultimate warrior vs hulk wm match. Wow wrestling was way different back then. Dudes could barely move
__________________
Senses Fail-10/3
Mastojira-10/17
TWY/TSSF-10/19
Tough Mudder-10/26
Real Friends/Neck Deep?-11/7
Reply With Quote
  #3150  
Old 04-11-2014, 12:40 PM
John The Drummer's Avatar
John The Drummer John The Drummer is offline
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
Watched an ultimate warrior vs hulk wm match. Wow wrestling was way different back then. Dudes could barely move
Thats funny you say that... because when I watched older matches, recently, they seemed WAY more active .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Eric Young's world title win is nothing more than a short "thanks for the loyalty and hard work over the years" reign like Foley's WWF title reigns were. I fully expect him to drop it back to Magnus at their PPV in a few weeks. They have made him more serious over the last several months but still he's not a world title guy. It will be a short run so it doesn't upset me much. What does piss me off is how they had Samoa Joe lose a few title matches to Magnus but they had Eric Young, who had already wrestled in a qualifying match earlier in the show (hey, that sounds familiar) beat Magnus for the belt in the main event. Samoa Joe should've been the one to end Magnus's awful title run and the company should be building itself around Samoa Joe as champion.

I don't mind the WWE dropping the term "pay per view" since PPV doesn't really exist anymore for the company with the arrival of the network. If you have the network, you really are watching a special event not a PPV anymore.
Wasn't Eric Young a part of Team Canada back when TNA first started to get "big" ? I remember them being a fairly strong stable... if I remember correctly.
__________________
- Dalla Nebbia
facebook.com/dallanebbiamusic
dallanebbia.bandcamp.com

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:29 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008