Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014
Saviours -- San Francisco, CA -- September 27th, 2014

Old 04-07-2014, 06:06 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

This is just me. How I thought tonight was:

I haven't seen a live ppv on tv since WMXX. Honestly I haven't seen too many Raws in ages. You guys talk new wrestling so I figured yea I'll do WM. I don't know much about the storylines so if someone is upset about a match that's storyline related I won't get it. I'm talking just what I saw as someone who's taking this for what I know.

I found this to be a good WM. I expected awful. Like IX of XI bad. I loved the opening segment w/ 3 legends. Loved it a ton. HHH/Bryan was a real good match. Shield match, idk.... I changed clothes, ran to bathroom and came out and it was over.

Battle Royal was enjoyable for the most part. You kinda figured Show wouldn't win. After he was the only one who had his entrance shown, and how much he was being focused on you knew someone else would win to throw us off. Kofi's non elimination was great. I always wondered why more haven't tried something similar to what he did.

A lot of people seemed to love the Cena/Wyatt match. I just didn't. It seemed slow and a little boring to me. I just couldn't ever get into it. Although Wyatt did have the best intro on the evening. I didn't understand putting Cena over just as most of you said.

Taker/Lesnar... What is there to be said? Having not seen wrestling in awhile, it was sad how little left Taker has. He gave everything that he had, unfortunately there just wasn't a lot left. For what the match lacked in wrestling it was great drama. I kinda wish they didn't use the finishing moves so early on and let it build a little more. I almost typed what Sanitarium said. It's pro wrestling, when you're just about done w/ a great career you put over the other talent. If he loses it should be a big name, I'd have loved a match vs Sting but losing to Sting would have been way worse. At this point there doesn't seem to be a ton of "huge" people he could lose to. If this was 10 years ago there was a lot bigger guys he could have lost to. I think losing to a young guy is risky, you never know about young guys (ahem Nathan Jones WM XIX...) if that young guy ends up flipping then the biggest streak in pro wrestling was wasted on a nobody and makes it look worse. I'm ok w/ Lesnar, he's a huge name that's known not just in wrestling but outside of wrestling which can't be said about a ton of the main event guys. This ups the heat on Lesnar a TON. Everybody is gonna hate him so much more. He elevates Lesnar which is good for business, & giving back to an organization that's done so much for his career. Right move. One of the oddest feelings I've seen at such a huge stadium when he lost. The looks on peoples faces was amazing. Sadly that also sucked the air out of the dome the rest of the night. I was kinda hoping all the guys came out of the back to greet him at the ramp.

Poor divas. Didn't really watch. This was destined to crash after the last match. Adamclark was dead on, it was like the diva match after Hogan/Rock at X8.

The main event just didn't feel "big". At any other ppv I think it's a good match but at Wrestlemania you need to make it feel big and this didn't seem big. Everybody knew Bryan would win. And him winning was the right thing to do. The power bomb/rko was sick and I cringed when I saw Orton land on the monitor. I hope he wasn't seriously hurt bc he very easily could have been.

Having not been up to date on stuff, I enjoyed the ppv as a whole. All I read was this was going to be a huge bomb. I feel it did not & really the opinion is coming down to your feelings on Taker match. Cena match was the only thing I didn't like, but still it wasn't awful to me at all. I loved the legends that were on, opening segment was fantastic. I didn't know The Rock was gonna be there and I loved the genuine laughter when they made fun of Hogam for his Silverdome comment that will now live on forever. I'd agree w/ Adamclark in his rating, this was probably a 6-6.5/10 for me.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:12 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Poor Undertaker:

- The Undertaker was taken to a local New Orleans hospital via ambulance after last night's WWE WrestleMania XXX due to the fear that he suffered a concussion and a possible neck injury. The last word was that Taker was expected to remain there overnight for observation.

The apparent injury had no bearing on the finish of the match, which ended exactly as planned. The injury is believed to have happened early in the match when Undertaker took a bad fall off a single leg.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:10 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

My biggest fear with Daniel Bryan now that he's on top is backlash. You can say that it won't happen but it will. If he's booked like a superhero, on Raw for more than half hour a week, on all the posters and whatnot people will grow to resent him. He's way better than Cena, I won't argue that. But Cena was very hot in 2003/2004 and once he won the belt he was booked like that and look what's happened.

DB is so much more talented and probably more over than Cena was but it could happen.
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 04-07-2014, 07:31 AM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Bryan hasn't beaten Cena one on one yet
Summerslam last year.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:43 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
Summerslam last year.
Oh yeah, completely forgot because of how he was buried by Randy Orton straight after.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:08 AM
And now itís time to pull through. Something I must do with or without you.

Taker just looked....old in that match. Him losing to Lesnar makes perfect sense. Lesnar is a beast and in a real life fight Lesnar would just kill Taker plus he was the only real option to end the streak aside from SuperCena. Whatever it's pro wrestling I'm cool with it cuz the streak was getting boring as hell to me aside from match quality and it's obvious Taker cannot hang anymore.

D-Bry as champ will be fresh and that's what matters right now. Yeah he'll feud with Orton and Batista and Cena for a bit but imagine if he feuds with Cesaro,The Shield members when they fly solo, maybe guys like Ziggy, Lesnar,Bray Wyatt. These matches will all be clinics.
Tough Mudder-10/26
TGI/ETID-11/15
Old 04-07-2014, 10:12 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
Taker just looked....old in that match. Him losing to Lesnar makes perfect sense. Lesnar is a beast and in a real life fight Lesnar would just kill Taker plus he was the only real option to end the streak aside from SuperCena. Whatever it's pro wrestling I'm cool with it cuz the streak was getting boring as hell to me aside from match quality and it's obvious Taker cannot hang anymore.

D-Bry as champ will be fresh and that's what matters right now. Yeah he'll feud with Orton and Batista and Cena for a bit but imagine if he feuds with Cesaro,The Shield members when they fly solo, maybe guys like Ziggy, Lesnar,Bray Wyatt. These matches will all be clinics.
That's a point I was going to make too. Rumors had Cena ending the streak at Wrestlemania XXXII (I don't know why then but that's what people were thinking). And did you really want to see that?

Maideneer's reaction to the streak ending the way it did is the exact same as mine would have been if Triple H had of won the D-Bry match. I can't blame him.
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 04-07-2014, 10:18 AM
And now itís time to pull through. Something I must do with or without you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
That's a point I was going to make too. Rumors had Cena ending the streak at Wrestlemania XXXII (I don't know why then but that's what people were thinking). And did you really want to see that?

Maideneer's reaction to the streak ending the way it did is the exact same as mine would have been if Triple H had of won the D-Bry match. I can't blame him.
True that. Peeps would've raged like no other.
Tough Mudder-10/26
TGI/ETID-11/15
Old 04-07-2014, 10:45 AM
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!

I know I'm getting irrational about all this but I simply can't help it. My rage continues on into the Shield match which clocked in at 2 MINUTES 57 SECONDS. That's almost as disgusting as the streak ending. Zero flow to that match, Reigns lion roared every 4 seconds and every finisher under the sun was completed within 45 seconds. I have a feeling the HHH match or the legends intro went over by a lot and the production folks told the next guys hurry hurry hurry get out there, powerbomb, chokeslam, superman punch everyone and leave. The intros were cut quick too, NAO couldn't even get off their full spiel.

And Billy Gunn gets legit injured too which sucks even more.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:18 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Oh yeah, completely forgot because of how he was buried by Randy Orton straight after.

Oh my fucking God NO! That is not a goddamn burial! I'm so sick of people thinking this. Terry Funk did the same thing to Ric Flair after his last match with Steamboat in 89.

Bryan not being in the Royal Rumble was a burial, Randy Orton cashing in was setting up their next feud.

And as long as Bryan is able to bust out insane submission holds and does a shit ton of interesting spots booking him like a super-hero will be fine.