Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014
Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014

Old 04-06-2014, 07:42 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

I don't think Taker is done. There was no buildup for this to cause him to never wrestle again. the streak may be broke but he'll at least do one more match as his final one they can hype.

So I'm calling WM 31 Takers final match in a brother vs brother match.

WM 31 - Taker vs Kane. Takers last match. Kane wins,
Old 04-06-2014, 07:42 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maideneer View Post
That's great and all but Taker losing to a part timer is so over the top stupid, its flat out unforgivable and it overrides any positive aspect of any match tonight.
Taker is my favorite of all time and i'm not that broken up about it. I'm shocked but not upset since we knew the end was coming for him soon. It's obvious the man is retiring and he did the proper thing all wrestlers do when they have their last match, they put the guy they're facing over. People will whine that he shouldn't have put a part timer over and it should have been someone younger who can benefit more from it but who would that be? That man certainly isn't on the full time roster right now. Lesnar and Cena are the only guys on the roster who can believably beat Taker at mania and one of those guys just did it. This gives more credibility to Lesnar than anything he's done since returning to the WWE. At least Taker lost to a guy that had one of the most legitimate chances of beating him. He didn't let the streak end with some bum beating him. He lost to Brock fucking Lesnar.

Awesome that Daniel Bryan won. I know a lot of fans didn't have faith the WWE would go through with it but I had no doubt it would happen for him tonight. I refused to believe the company could be that blind to how much the fans wanted him as champ. It's nice to see that the fans voice can still be heard if we believe enough in someone.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:51 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

So now the dust has settled and my head is clear:

- the intro with Hogan was funny when he was screwing up all his lines. Austin coming out is gold no matter what. And the Rock was a nice surprise. I kinda knew in my gut he'd be there. It was a great segment and even though it went for twenty minutes it didn't drag. And I was very glad Vince didn't show up. I really don't need to see him anymore.

- the Daniel Bryan verses Triple H match was a good match. I was very surprised that it kicked off the in-ring action. And the start with Stephanie just standing in the ring was a precursor to how anti-climactic and subdued most of the show was. The audio in the theater I was in was very low for the first bit of the show so that really killed the intro and this match. Stephanie was on-screen way too much but that's to be expected.

- I went out to the bathroom at the beginning of the Shield verses Kane and the New Age Outlaws and by the time I got back it was over. The Shield deserve better.

- The Battle Royal was better than your average Battle Royal. The right person went over. At the same time though to see guys like Ziggler, Sandow and Rhodes reduced to fodder is sad. And can someone just tell me when Rey Mysterio was eliminated because I totally missed it.

- I actually liked the segment with Sgt. Slaughter, Hacksaw, whoever that ref was (I think it was Dany Davis), Ricky Steamboat, Million Dollar Man and Ron Simmons. Most times segments like that fall flat on their faces but the fact that Million Dollar Man came out and pulled the rug out from under their feet was great.

- Bray Wyatt verses John Cena was actually very good. Bray's intro was great and this is the first Wrestlemania I can remember where Cena DIDN'T have some ridiculous, eye-rolling intro. The only problem was that Cena won.

- The Undertaker verses Brock Lesnar match. Wow, that was terrible. I'm going to get lynched when I say this but when Brock pinned him I clapped. I clapped because I was thankful it was over. I haven't really watched the WWE for five years or Wrestlemania either, but I've heard so much about the Undertaker and his show-stealing matches. So I watched this and was wondering where this show-stealing Undertaker was. Because I saw an old, broken down man. That made me sad because Undertaker is one of my all-time favorites. So to see him gassed like that, with sad offense and a terrible Tombstone I was just glad it was over. Now I'll agree that to end the streak to Brock Lesnar was a bad decision. But maybe the Undertaker realized while he was training that he just does not have it anymore. He maybe just realized that this is going to be it. And let's be honest with ourselves guys; even though he's never left the WWE he's wrestled five matches in the last five years. Isn't that a part-timer? I wouldn't be surprised if this was his last match. If it was though it was a very sad ending.

And thank god Paul Heyman has cut that ponytail off.

- The Diva match reminded me of my own Wrestlemania experience at Wrestlemania X8 when the Diva match had to follow Hulk Hogan verses the Rock. But it actually wasn't a bad match and there seemed to be a nice wardrobe malfunction with one of the Funkadactyles completely losing her top. Then getting put into a Tarantula (that move Tajiri always did) non-the-less.

- the Hogan, Piper, Orndorff and Mr. T segment was another instance where things usually would fall on their face but it actually worked very well.

- the Main Event was an okay match. Everyone will agree that the outcome of the Undertaker match completely took the wind out of the sails for everything. I will say one thing. Everyone shits on Randy Orton, and I'm not a huge fan of his either, but that bump he took with the Batistabomb-RKO onto the TV monitor was bad. He was in visible pain and you have to give the guy a lot of credit for getting up and continuing the match. He seriously could have been crippled.

So over all I think it was actually a really good show. It just didn't have that "this is a BIG show" feel to it. Bryan at the end was good but didn't have that feeling as say Benoit and Guerrero at the end of Wrestlemania XX. And it would have been nice to maybe see a few more Legends but I can live without that. For the most part the right people went over (obviously Brock should not, and Wyatt still looked REALLY good), the segments were actually enjoyable to watch, the commentators were actually really good (I'm not a fan of any of the three and they actually did a good job tonight) and most of all: Mr. and Mrs. Stephanie McMahon lost.

3.5 out of 5
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 -DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy

Last edited by adamclark52; 04-06-2014 at 08:22 PM.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:49 PM
That Guy

Old 04-07-2014, 02:57 AM
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!

Like I said, if this was Takers decision, I can understand it a little more. I don't agree with it but I'll get it. If it wasn't though, I have to wonder what type of $ they threw at him to get him to lose. Because it doesn't make sense. I was reading twitter last night and no joke, lots of people simply left the arena after that match in disgust. The mood was ruined and it carried all the way to the end, even the DB celebration wasn't what it should be because of it. Going forward let's say Taker isn't done, what's the point or excitement watching another one of his matches? What buildup do they have now? The streak was a thing that kept people talking, engaged, excited, and connected to something. This decision keeps people talking but not in a good way. Years will pass and people will look back on that match and say "what the hell were they thinking?!". 21-1 isn't exactly a merchandise/network/legacy winner either.

Glad Cesaro won, he deserves it.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:21 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Yeah I heard the buzz in the arena was dead all the rest of PPV after Taker.

Also I'm gonna agree with my friend on FB who said that after tonight DB will start his downward spiral. DB took on Steph and HHH multiple times, and still managed to beat Orton and Batista two of their top guys. Whats left for him? he will wil 95% of matches with the other 5% being stuff like tag teams or DQ's.

DB has nothing left to gain now and has been made invincible being able to beat everyone big at the same time.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Taker is my favorite of all time and i'm not that broken up about it. I'm shocked but not upset since we knew the end was coming for him soon. It's obvious the man is retiring and he did the proper thing all wrestlers do when they have their last match, they put the guy they're facing over. People will whine that he shouldn't have put a part timer over and it should have been someone younger who can benefit more from it but who would that be? That man certainly isn't on the full time roster right now. Lesnar and Cena are the only guys on the roster who can believably beat Taker at mania and one of those guys just did it. This gives more credibility to Lesnar than anything he's done since returning to the WWE. At least Taker lost to a guy that had one of the most legitimate chances of beating him. He didn't let the streak end with some bum beating him. He lost to Brock fucking Lesnar.
Brock Lesnar needs to be put over?! Taker loses to a guy who has no desire to remain in the WWE, does it really for a check, bounces out to UFC or MMA when/if he wants, it's crap. You need another hero or legend to break the streak if at all. Taker gave everything he ever had to WWE and then proceeds to lose to someone who could care less about the company. If Stone Cold waltzed out and broke the streak, we'd all be shocked but we would say GODDAMN what a one hell of a match and he's like the only guy that could do it legitimately. Undertaker passed no torch last night, the match advanced nothing, and it pissed off millions, way to go.

Do you really think Lesnar is more over than he was yesterday morning? If anything it's worse, now we just get to listen to Heyman drone on and on more about this, rubbing it in to all of us.

If he retired undefeated, wouldn't that have been so much better than losing in your last match at Wrestlemania goddamn 30? He looked like he was ready for an EMT anyway, so why not win?!
Old 04-07-2014, 04:36 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Yeah I heard the buzz in the arena was dead all the rest of PPV after Taker.

Also I'm gonna agree with my friend on FB who said that after tonight DB will start his downward spiral. DB took on Steph and HHH multiple times, and still managed to beat Orton and Batista two of their top guys. Whats left for him? he will wil 95% of matches with the other 5% being stuff like tag teams or DQ's.

DB has nothing left to gain now and has been made invincible being able to beat everyone big at the same time.
Cesaro. The man who just deadlifted the Big Show and threw him over the top rope. He's the giant slayer. Him vs. DB would be a great Summer feud. Bryan hasn't beaten Cena one on one yet, and when the Shield disbands there's three contenders for Bryan to take on. He's at the top of a serious push right now, but that's it, he's at the top, so he's the target for other guys to beat.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:59 AM
Concert Veteran

The main reason why i'm OK with Taker losing is because he probably has more control over his character direction than anybody in the WWE not named Triple H. So, if the man himself is good with losing to Lesnar, since it no doubt was his call to do it, then why should we be upset? If Taker deemed Lesnar worthy of ending the streak then i'm good with that. I won't argue with the man and the choice he's made. Lesnar will get massive heat from the crowds for at least a year because of this. So, he will benefit from it. The only problem the WWE has now is you can't have Lesnar lose any more matches by pin or submission. He ended the streak so logically he should be able to beat anyone you put in front of him from now on. I believe Taker is retiring and that's why he decided to end the streak. It was obvious during the match last night the guy doesn't have it anymore.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
- The Battle Royal was better than your average Battle Royal. The right person went over. At the same time though to see guys like Ziggler, Sandow and Rhodes reduced to fodder is sad. And can someone just tell me when Rey Mysterio was eliminated because I totally missed it.
By the way, it turned out to be a 31 man battle royal lol.

Mysterio got eliminated when Cesaro countered a 619 and uppercutted him off the apron.