Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014

  #2961  
Old 03-27-2014, 03:08 PM
300%_Density 300%_Density is offline
When your grabbing ass with your friends...
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Prison Planet
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Disco Inferno was in the NWO Wolfpack? I don't recall that or the video, what year was this? Maybe I just blocked it out because I always thought Disco Inferno sucked anyways.
March '99. He was kinda in Wolfpac. He tried interfering in the Nash/Goldberg Starrcade match. I don't know if he was "official" but he was buddies w/ Hall for those few months.
Reply With Quote
  #2962  
Old 03-27-2014, 03:39 PM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
Some People Call Me The White Devil
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
PS3 sent the first update about a week ago. Videos can be resumed where left off now, which is nice. I usually fall asleep with an episode of Legends of Wrestling on every night, and I'd rather not try to remember where the hell I left off.

Still, the interface sucks balls. For instance, the WWE PPV list. I don't want to have to scroll for a goddamn hour to get from Armageddon to Wrestlemania. It should be formatted like Netflix, with the grid system. Also, it needs a queue/list in the worst way.

Aside from that BS, it's been running smoothly via my PS3 since about 4 or 5 days into the launch.
Yeah I haven't watched anything off the network from my apply TV because I can't resume videos plus it should show you if you have watched it.
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
  #2963  
Old 03-27-2014, 06:50 PM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
March '99. He was kinda in Wolfpac. He tried interfering in the Nash/Goldberg Starrcade match. I don't know if he was "official" but he was buddies w/ Hall for those few months.
This happened after the fingerpoke of doom then, so that's why I don't remember it. I bailed on WCW after that bullshit. I would flip it on here and there just to see what was happening, like when DDP won the title or when they stupidly tried to turn Sting and Goldberg heel. Other than that I barely watched after the fingerpoke.
Reply With Quote
  #2964  
Old 03-27-2014, 07:32 PM
300%_Density 300%_Density is offline
When your grabbing ass with your friends...
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Prison Planet
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
This happened after the fingerpoke of doom then, so that's why I don't remember it. I bailed on WCW after that bullshit. I would flip it on here and there just to see what was happening, like when DDP won the title or when they stupidly tried to turn Sting and Goldberg heel. Other than that I barely watched after the fingerpoke.
I probably watched it longer after that than I should have. The fingerpoke made it shit. But after watching both like I have been (in order) WCW wasn't as bad in that time period as I remember. And WWF was not that great either. I'm currently in April of 1999. Nitro has had some good matches & Raw hasn't been as good. There was so much stupid Corporation/Ministry/McMahon stuff around this time its just not very watchable. Although I think it got better by the next month w/ the Over The Edge exception of course.

And a side note: god Michael Cole was awful when he took over for JR from after Survivor Series till after WM 15. Just terrible.

Last edited by 300%_Density; 03-27-2014 at 07:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2965  
Old 03-27-2014, 09:40 PM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
Some People Call Me The White Devil
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,612
Did people really try to put Goldberg as a heel / babyface?

The crowd loved him just because of him streak but as a character dude has as much character as wallpaper. He is one of the few guys I can't classify as heel or babyface while in WCW.

Now WWF, thats a whole different story.
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
  #2966  
Old 03-27-2014, 09:58 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,279
I've always felt that the "golden age" of the Attitude era isn't as great as people think ist was. At the time it was cool but looking back it was cheap and tacky. And the quality of wrestling was crap. PPVs had two good matches (usually the main event and one undercard match) and the rest was filler and gimmick matches. And Raw matches were terrible, very rarely lasting longer than one block between commercial s.

The quality of the wrestling actually went up from 2001-2004.
__________________
08/23 - Alice in Chains
09/19 - Deafheaven
09/26 - Belphegor
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Reply With Quote
  #2967  
Old 03-28-2014, 04:44 AM
300%_Density 300%_Density is offline
When your grabbing ass with your friends...
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Prison Planet
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I've always felt that the "golden age" of the Attitude era isn't as great as people think ist was. At the time it was cool but looking back it was cheap and tacky. And the quality of wrestling was crap. PPVs had two good matches (usually the main event and one undercard match) and the rest was filler and gimmick matches. And Raw matches were terrible, very rarely lasting longer than one block between commercial s.

The quality of the wrestling actually went up from 2001-2004.
I'd definitely agree about quality of matches on Raw. I can think in my head of a ton of Nitro matches that were great. I just watched 4 person match on Nitro w/ Juvy, Mysterio, Blitzkrieg & Psychosis. It went 17 mins + commercials & it was a fantastic match. I know Nitro was longer so doing a 20+ min match on Raw isn't feasible. But when most think of Raw moments from then they are rarely matches but moments from non wrestling stuff (Tyson, beer truck, etc.).

Obviously the actual wrestling improved when they got Jericho, Angle, Benoit, Eddie, Malenko.
Reply With Quote
  #2968  
Old 03-28-2014, 06:42 AM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
I'd definitely agree about quality of matches on Raw. I can think in my head of a ton of Nitro matches that were great. I just watched 4 person match on Nitro w/ Juvy, Mysterio, Blitzkrieg & Psychosis. It went 17 mins + commercials & it was a fantastic match. I know Nitro was longer so doing a 20+ min match on Raw isn't feasible. But when most think of Raw moments from then they are rarely matches but moments from non wrestling stuff (Tyson, beer truck, etc.).

Obviously the actual wrestling improved when they got Jericho, Angle, Benoit, Eddie, Malenko.
I remember Booker T used to always get a solid twenty minutes near the middle if the three hour Nitros.
__________________
08/23 - Alice in Chains
09/19 - Deafheaven
09/26 - Belphegor
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Reply With Quote
  #2969  
Old 03-28-2014, 12:06 PM
XDoomsayerX XDoomsayerX is offline
I'm reaching out for something else.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,480
So I guess Jeff Jarrett is starting a new televised wrasslin company
__________________
Senses Fail-10/3
Mastojira-10/17
TWY/TSSF-10/19
Tough Mudder-10/26
Real Friends/Neck Deep?-11/7
Reply With Quote
  #2970  
Old 03-28-2014, 01:45 PM
rjturtle9's Avatar
rjturtle9 rjturtle9 is offline
D.B.B.
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 3,737
Gonna go to my 4th Pro Wrestling Guerrilla show tonight. Never heard of PWG? Watch this
__________________
"Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach." - Nathan Explosion
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:17 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008