Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014

Old 02-22-2014, 06:46 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

WWE Network in less than two days!
Old 02-22-2014, 07:12 PM
with his arms outstretched

Here's a little story I think is cute.

I play wrestle with my boys. I really shouldn't since they're only three and a half and one and a half but they enjoy it and it's good exercise for us all. So once a few weeks ago I put Smackdown on so my oldest son could see what "wrestling" actually was, since I think he thought it was just running at daddy, getting lifted in the air and getting tickled. He didn't seem to care.

Fast-forward to today and he goes, "daddy, let's wrestle and put it on the TV too". Okay, so I grabbed the nearest DVD I'd been watching (the new Goldberg one) and threw it on. The kids stared in awe at Goldberg. Like, jaws hanging open. The baby got distracted quickly and moved on but my oldest son thought Goldberg was the coolest (the entrance, with the fireworks, specifically). So we wrestled over the course of three or four matches (still just running at daddy, getting lifted in the air and getting tickled), he did little Goldberg entrances every time Goldberg did on TV, he tried to spear me and "missed" (like Goldberg did against Chris Jericho at Badd Blood 2003) and was generally loving Goldberg. He even cried at the end of the Summerslam 2003 match when Goldberg lost. And since I was playing "Triple H" he told be he was going to spear me but I had to pretend to use the sledgehammer. So yeah, I've created adamclark53. He really likes the intro to Behemoths' Blow Your Trumpets, Gabriel too.

Whatever, I think it's really cool that my little boys are turning in to me.

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2
Old 02-22-2014, 07:38 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

I'll raise you. My almost 11 year old step daughter is infatuated w/ the violent stuff. Played old violent ECW stuff, KOTR 98 Hell In a Cell, and even the '95 King of the Deathmatch VHS w/ Cactus & Funk. If it's not violent and/or bloody it doesn't hold her attention. But it's a start.

6 year old boy likes it as well. But doesn't like the blood. He 'll get used to it.

Warms the heart to pass it on to a younger generation. I almost feel awkward if I forget to skip through a more "grow up" part that they don't need to see. Makes me feel so old.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:52 PM

I was around his age when I got into wrestling. I remember watching the Incredible Hulk cartoon in probably 1983 or 1984 (maybe even 1985, I don't know) and after it was over wrestling came on. Hulk Hogan came out and my dad goes, "hey adamclark52, it's THE HULK". I looked at the screen and was like, "that's not the Hulk, that's some bald loser with a bandana and a red shirt. The Hulk is green, dad". But that's my first memory of wrestling and it made me happy that one of the first memories he'll have of wresting is hating Triple H.

07/06 -- U2
Old 02-22-2014, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
I'll raise you. My almost 11 year old step daughter is infatuated w/ the violent stuff. Played old violent ECW stuff, KOTR 98 Hell In a Cell, and even the '95 King of the Deathmatch VHS w/ Cactus & Funk. If it's not violent and/or bloody it doesn't hold her attention. But it's a start.

6 year old boy likes it as well. But doesn't like the blood. He 'll get used to it.

Warms the heart to pass it on to a younger generation. I almost feel awkward if I forget to skip through a more "grow up" part that they don't need to see. Makes me feel so old.
Show her some Japan Deathmatch or stuff with Necrobutcher if you want her to stop watching it.

I don't know a time where I didn't like wrestling. My dad and my moms mom loved it even before I was born so I was really born into being a fan.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:10 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

I know I got started young but it's usually in spurts. I started around 3-4. I actually still have on VHS somewhere right before WM 3 where Andre ripped off the cross from Hogan. Then I think I stopped around '92, and got back in around March '98 and lasted till somewhere in '04.

Nowadays I'm very hit and miss. But I'll always watch the late 90s/00s stuff though.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
I know I got started young but it's usually in spurts. I started around 3-4. I actually still have on VHS somewhere right before WM 3 where Andre ripped off the cross from Hogan. Then I think I stopped around '92, and got back in around March '98 and lasted till somewhere in '04.

Nowadays I'm very hit and miss. But I'll always watch the late 90s/00s stuff though.
Yeah, I had pretty much the same peaks and valleys as you. Started sometime between 1983 and 1985, stopped watching sometime between 1992 and 1994, started up in summer 1998, watched pretty religiously until early 2006, fell out of love with it and stopped watching in early 2009. Now I keep up on everything (I know who's champion, what's going on and who's wrestling at a pay per view) but I watch, like, five shows a year, tops.

07/06 -- U2
Old 02-22-2014, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Show her some Japan Deathmatch or stuff with Necrobutcher if you want her to stop watching it.

I don't know a time where I didn't like wrestling. My dad and my moms mom loved it even before I was born so I was really born into being a fan.
Show her some of that CZW crap with highschool kids and homeless people jumping off scaffolds onto lightbulbs and putting needles through each others faces. I love the old ECW stuff and I know there is some decent CZW stuff, but some of their stuff is utter garbage.

07/06 -- U2
Old 02-23-2014, 07:46 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
WWE Network in less than two days!
Now I just gotta figure out how to download it to my PS3 so I can watch it on that. If i'm gonna be seeing the PPVs live now, there's no way i'm viewing them on my laptop screen.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Now I just gotta figure out how to download it to my PS3 so I can watch it on that. If i'm gonna be seeing the PPVs live now, there's no way i'm viewing them on my laptop screen.
I heard the app is already on PS4 and PS3 to pre download for Monday