Midnight -- Toronto, Ontario -- July 12th, 2014
Satanic Warmaster -- Mexico City, Mexico -- July 5th, 2014
Dying Fetus -- Merriam, KS -- July 12th, 2014
Phobia -- Tempe, AZ -- July 11th, 2014

Old 10-10-2012, 03:05 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Is anyone gonna check out the new Punk DVD that came out yesterday? I'm probably gonna watch it today or tomorrow. It's kind of dumb for the WWE to turn him heel before the planned DVD was to be released though. Keeping him a fan favorite would've helped it sell more.
I really want to buy the bluray, especially for all the IWA and ROH stuff on it. And I was thinking the same thing, he should have stayed face for the dvd release but hey, that's WWE thinking for ya.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
I really want to buy the bluray, especially for all the IWA and ROH stuff on it. And I was thinking the same thing, he should have stayed face for the dvd release but hey, that's WWE thinking for ya.
I will be buying the blu ray of it. I still have a camera tape my dad recorded over 12 years ago of a indie show we went to (I was like 6). It had CM Punk wrestling a match where all he did was get the shit beat out of him.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:22 PM
Concert Veteran

I've only watched the documentary part of the CM Punk DVD and it was excellent. It was a lot longer than others they've done before. It went into pretty good detail and it talked a lot about his early years and had a good amount of time dedicated to when he was in Ring Of Honor. I also liked how they mentioned the backstage politics that go on and how Punk had to deal with that in the WWE. I'm surprised they would do that with a DVD about one of their current top stars. But i'm guessing Punk wouldn't let them release it unless there was complete honesty in it.

After last night's RAW I really think they're gonna put the title on Ryback. They're giving him the Ultimate Warrior/Goldberg/Lesnar push and the crowd is responding to it really well now. They may as well go with it and see what happens, maybe they have a new star on their hands? If it doesn't work then you just have him drop the title back to Punk.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:37 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

I loved in the Punk documentary how they've talked about Steel Domain because thats where I first saw him in 2000 and the guy he's friends with Colt Cabana I've seen him wrestle a ton, recorded a few matches of him and talked to the guy a shit ton of times.

I also liked how CM Punk made it clear that he is a punk and hardcore fan. From what I understand they made the dvd off of Punk's rule on what he wanted to do and say.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:14 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
I've only watched the documentary part of the CM Punk DVD and it was excellent. It was a lot longer than others they've done before. It went into pretty good detail and it talked a lot about his early years and had a good amount of time dedicated to when he was in Ring Of Honor. I also liked how they mentioned the backstage politics that go on and how Punk had to deal with that in the WWE. I'm surprised they would do that with a DVD about one of their current top stars. But i'm guessing Punk wouldn't let them release it unless there was complete honesty in it.

After last night's RAW I really think they're gonna put the title on Ryback. They're giving him the Ultimate Warrior/Goldberg/Lesnar push and the crowd is responding to it really well now. They may as well go with it and see what happens, maybe they have a new star on their hands? If it doesn't work then you just have him drop the title back to Punk.
At least they dropped the Skip Sheffield cowboy gimmick he had in FCW. That would put the asses in the seats.
11/01 - Suffocation
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 10-17-2012, 12:46 PM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

Quote:

The Documentary was amazing. I too am surprised the WWE actually allowed all that backstage stuff to be involved in the DVD. Talking about "writing" new scripts and stuff. We all know WWE is fake, but still, shocking they would actually do something like that.

I haven't looked up the results of RAW, but is it gonna be CM Punk vs Ryback at the next PPV????

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 10-17-2012, 05:45 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
I haven't looked up the results of RAW, but is it gonna be CM Punk vs Ryback at the next PPV????
Yes, Cena had elbow surgery earlier this month and still isn't cleared to compete yet. So they've thrown Ryback into the title picture to take his place. I don't get why you have to look up the results of RAW when there are recording devices available now where you can actually record the show and then watch it when you have time. Futuristic concept, I know

For those that don't know WWE has a show on wednesday nights called WWE Main Event which is show on the station ION. Anyways, Kofi beat Miz for the IC title on tht show tonight. So let's congradulate Kofi on not only winning the real IC title belt but also being stuck in the exact same spot he was in three years ago. The guy can go in the ring, can talk and has good charisma, as to why he isn't a main eventer yet is very puzzling to me.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Yes, Cena had elbow surgery earlier this month and still isn't cleared to compete yet. So they've thrown Ryback into the title picture to take his place. I don't get why you have to look up the results of RAW when there are recording devices available now where you can actually record the show and then watch it when you have time. Futuristic concept, I know

For those that don't know WWE has a show on wednesday nights called WWE Main Event which is show on the station ION. Anyways, Kofi beat Miz for the IC title on tht show tonight. So let's congradulate Kofi on not only winning the real IC title belt but also being stuck in the exact same spot he was in three years ago. The guy can go in the ring, can talk and has good charisma, as to why he isn't a main eventer yet is very puzzling to me.
I dont have any way to record it, smartass

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 10-25-2012, 12:25 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

You know there's actually a decent chunk of heat for that title match. One the one hand, this would certainly give Ryback a chance to be taken seriously, and losing this match would stall things for his career. On the other hand, I don't think CM Punk should lose the title yet. What they need to do his get rid of Heyman and turn Punk back to the character of just burying everything that sucks about the product.

Theory = Punk loses to Ryback, Cena beats Ryback and gets the title back on him. Dumb idea, but they clearly don't believe in Punk as a champion, and have had Cena headline over him regardless. At least this way Punk doesn't lose his credibility.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:34 PM

I second your idea of getting rid of Heyman and turning Punk back into that character. Not a Face, but not a full on Heel. What I have noticed with WWE, their image of a "super heel" is someone with no personality. Not saying Punk's current character doesn't have personality, but it is very watered down from what he can do.

When they gave Jericho a huge heel turn, no personality, just very serious. Randy Orton, no personality (and still none ). WWE needs to just go for it and not make their characters so fucking stale.

Give Punk the microphone and no script and let him do his thing, ratings will fly.

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com