Ghost -- Boulder, CO -- April 23rd, 2014
Gideon -- Toledo, OH -- April 22nd, 2014
Queensryche -- Uncasville, CT -- April 19th, 2014
Scott Stapp -- London, England -- April 23rd, 2014

Old 01-21-2014, 07:45 PM
though the vocals can be a little to extreme for me some times

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
Not that anyone cares, but Sin Cara (original one)'s contract expired on the 10th... guess no more Botch Cara
I just watched a old Survivor Series match with Sin Cara where at the beginning of the match he botched and screwed the entire like 20 minute match up to the point where he was pretty much taking his gear off and crying outside the ring.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:07 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Punk is winning the Rumble. They rarely announce the number one entrant in the Rumble before the PPV. There's no reason to do this with Punk if he isn't gonna win.
They always announce the number 1 or 2 or 30 person. Hell, last year Dolph Ziggler was announced as first before the Rumble PPV.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:29 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

The list of "good" and "bad" champions is a great debate. I can only go over the modern era.

Good
I've always considered Triple H to be a good champion even though I can't stand the man. He made the World Heavyweight Championship mean something. CM Punks last reign was great. JBL I didn't like at first because I thought it was too early, but as time wore on he got good. Then there's the classics. Hogan was a great champion. As was Flair.

Bad
Rey Mysterio for the reasons above. I've always considered Mick Foley to have been a terrible champion. His reigns just seemed forced and unnesseary. I always considered him the worst champion of all-time from when he first won it in 1999 until Rey Mysterio won it in 2006. After Rey won it more and more bad champions came along. Rob Van Dam was terrible because it was just pointless. Edge I'm always on the fence about because it seemed like he was always losing the title when I was watching (eleven reigns lasting a total of only five hundred and forty eight days isn't very good in my books). Jeff Hardy and Mark Henry I don't even remember. Sheamus was too early at first, and any time since then I haven't been watching. The Miz because...the Miz. Alberto Del Rio just doesn't seem believable to me. And the Great Khali goes without saying.

And there are some classics I don't really consider to be very good champions either. Like the Undertaker, he was never a great champion because I feel he was above the belt. He's one of those guys that just don't need a belt because they're so damn good. He's better than the belt. And Shawn Micheals. I wasn't watching in his mid-1990's heyday but his last reign in 2002 was terrible and pointless.
07/04 - Agalloch
08/23 - Alice in Chains
12/06 - the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 01-22-2014, 06:25 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Mark Henry
Jeff Hardy

I'd challenge Rey as the worst.
Did you even watch Mark Henry in 2011 when he got the world title? Yeah, the guy was shit during the attitude era but he really found the right gimmick that year with the whole hall of pain thing. He was a monster heel and he kicked everyone's ass. He was built up great and he had a very good title run which only ended because he got injured. He probably would've went into wrestlemania 28 as champ if he didn't get hurt. Mark Henry deserves all the credit in the world for making that run work for him. He looks like a world champion and was booked like one. Which is something that can't be said for Mysterio.

Jeff Hardy wasn't a good champ but his reigns were rather short. When he feuded with Punk for the title on smackdown (2008? 2009?) it made sense in the storyline for him to get the title. So, while he wasn't a good champ, his time with the belt made sense. Hardy was booked strong to, which goes a long way in making the title seem credible even if you don't have it for that long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
Not that anyone cares, but Sin Cara (original one)'s contract expired on the 10th... guess no more Botch Cara
They haven't been using him anyways. Hunico has been playing Sin Cara for the last few months. That will explain why all of a sudden Cara's matches were decent to watch and botch free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
They always announce the number 1 or 2 or 30 person. Hell, last year Dolph Ziggler was announced as first before the Rumble PPV.
No, they don't. I've watched every Royal Rumble and more often than not, we we're not made aware of who the first two out will be or who number 30 is. Only in special circumstances do they announce that ahead of time. They did that with Ziggler last year because he was the MITB holder and they wanted to put him over strong on a big PPV.

This storyline with Punk seems like it's leaning towards him winning the Rumble, possibly having a match with either Kane or HHH at the next PPV and then getting the belt from Orton at mania. Punk is the most anti-authority, anti-corporate guy they have right now. It makes sense for him to bring down Trips and Stephanie's current reign. This reminds me of back in 2004 when Heyman was smackdown GM and made Benoit the number one entrant to insure that Benoit's road to the title would be as hard as possible to attain. I've got a feeling they're going down that road with Punk this year.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:39 AM
I'm reaching out for something else.

Batista winning is just lame, hopefully Punk does win it and Sanitarium is right. Also D-bry not being in the rumble is a mistake.
Basement-8/12
Old 01-22-2014, 11:50 AM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

Gonna go off topic, I got The Rock's documentary (from 2012 or 2013, forgot the exact title) and it is a really great and well put together doc. I was never a huge fan of his, but watching this really made me respect him more. It comes with 2 bonus discs full of matches spanning his entire career from his debut to the ladder match with Triple H, the I Quit match against Mankind, Hogan vs Rock II, and many more! He was such a great performer, both on the microphone and in the ring. It's cheap on Amazon, I'd suggest getting it

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 01-22-2014, 01:24 PM
though the vocals can be a little to extreme for me some times

If Punk wills the rumble I'll shit, splooge, and cry at the same time.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:59 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

I just hope someone "good" wins for a change (Punk, Bryan, Jericho, Ambrose). No fucking Batista or Cena or Sheamus.
07/04 - Agalloch
08/23 - Alice in Chains
12/06 - the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 01-22-2014, 05:34 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I just hope someone "good" wins for a change (Punk, Bryan, Jericho, Ambrose). No fucking Batista or Cena or Sheamus.
Ambrose has no shot of winning. I'm convinced Vince is completely unaware of the talent that man possess. Jericho would be pointless. Punk or Bryan is the right call for this year but Vince will probably be an idiot and have Batista win. I've got nothing against Batista, ever since Evolution I've liked him but there is no way he should be main eventing wrestlemania in 2014. He should face Lesnar instead. That feud seems like such an obvious one to do.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:17 PM
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!

Way too many tag team participants this year. Shield, Wyatt's, Uso's, RhodesDust, that's almost 30% of the entrants...not cool, you know none of them are winning, so why bother? What's next, 3MB again and Real Americans? That'll fill the rest up won't it?