Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

Old 01-16-2014, 02:06 PM
with his arms outstretched

They're starting to run out of BIG names. I've heard they're thinking of indicting the main event from Wrestlemania I. I won't go as far as call that "scraping the bottom of the barrel" but they're getting there.

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2
Old 01-16-2014, 02:07 PM
Dave Meniketti is God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
Other than Jake and Warrior, I can't think of anymore to induct this year. Probably no one *too* important since they already have two huge stars.
Paul Bearer & Mae Young probably.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:05 PM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
Paul Bearer & Mae Young probably.
Is Mae not already in the HoF? I thought she was. She definitely deserves a slot in there with Fabulous Mullah (unless shes already in it...)

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Old 01-16-2014, 07:11 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
They're starting to run out of BIG names. I've heard they're thinking of indicting the main event from Wrestlemania I. I won't go as far as call that "scraping the bottom of the barrel" but they're getting there.
Yeah this is true. They will induct all members of whatever match so some people will be in the HOF twice.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:59 PM

Does anyone else listen to Talk Is Jericho?
Old 01-18-2014, 03:21 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Does anyone else listen to Talk Is Jericho?
Yeah, it's great. Here's the link for people who haven't heard it yet:

http://www.podcastone.com/Talk-Is-Jericho

I know podcasts have become big but this is the first one I've ever followed.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:02 PM
with his arms outstretched

Congratulations to TNA Impact on winning the 2013 Gooker Award!

At least you're good at one thing. Unfortunately that one thing is sucking.

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2
Old 01-19-2014, 07:48 PM
Concert Veteran

I wouldn't just give it to Dixie, I would give the gooker to the entire TNA organization for 2013. 2012 was quite possibly the best year the company ever had. The characters, storyline's and in ring product were all top quality. Bobby Roode, James Storm, Austin Aries, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Angle, Daniels, Kazarian and Bully Ray were the featured guys every week and it made for great TV.

They lost their focus in 2013 and all of a sudden all these guys took a backseat to a bunch of nobodies. Bully and Styles were still pushed strong but the other top guys were forgotten about in favor of what turned out to be a terrible angle with Aces & Eights and over the last few months, the whole heel Dixie thing. Hopefully, putting the belt on Magnus will steer them in the right direction and the guys who were the main focus in 2012 can be that again this year.

I can't believe how bad they got in the span of a year. It really looked like they were heading somewhere 2 years ago but in usual TNA fashion, the powers that be fucked up and didn't seem to know what to do to right the ship. If this keeps up, next years gooker award may go to the death of TNA.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:10 PM

Wrestling news :

I guess TNAs last TV Taping drew only a couple hundred.

Also :

Quote:
TNA taped the 1/23 iMPACT! Wrestling Thursday night (1/16) in Huntsville, Alabama where Magnus defeated Sting in a Title vs. Career Match to retain the TNA World Title. Afterwards, Magnus stood over Sting and ripped up his TNA contract. This appeared to be a way to write Sting off TNA TV based off our earlier report that Sting has not renewed his deal with TNA. As noted, Sting and WWE are currently in negotiations.
Can't blame Sting for leaving.

Quote:
We can now confirm that Paul Bearer will be inducted into this year’s WWE Hall of Fame.
Hopefully Taker and Kane induct him.

Quote:
Quote:
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

According to several sources, WWE had two plans in place for Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania 30 when he first joined The Wyatt Family two weeks ago on RAW. The first idea had him going into WrestleMania still being a member of The Wyatt Family while the second had him going back to being a full-fledged babyface before the big pay-per-view event. As far as the babyface option was concerned, there was no solid plan in place on how it would be done but it was definitely not planned to take place just two weeks after he joined The Wyatt Family,

As far as the babyface idea was concerned, a Daniel Bryan face turn at the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view would have set up a D-Bryan vs. Bray Wyatt match at WrestleMania 30. The other plan was that he would go into WtestleMania as part of The Wyatt Family and then turn on Bray during a tag-team match featuring Bray and Daniel. This would have obviously guaranteed Bryan a huge babyface reaction at the pay-per-view. Obviously, this didn’t happen as they rushed things and turned Daniel Bryan back to being a babyface on RAW this past Monday.

According to several WWE sources, the company was “100% fully embarrassed” by the footage that came out featuring the Michigan State crowd all chanting “YES!” during a recent game. The footage aired all over ESPN and other sports outlets just days after WWE had turned him heel. WWE wanted to run with the angle they had originally planned but “when you have a whole college arena doing “YES!” chants and most likely others will, plus NFL stars in the post-season doing it,” the company felt that they needed to turn him back to being a babyface ASAP. This shows you how seriously WWE takes getting the national media and press talking about them and their storylines.
Byrant was too over to stay a heel any longer.

http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/tn...status-impact/
http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/ww...er-a-new-name/

http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/me...tna-on-friday/
Old 01-19-2014, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Tommy Dreamer was backstage at the TNA iMPACT! TV tapings on Thursday. He was welcomed back to the company during the talent meeting and worked as an agent for several matches.

It’s unknown at this time if it was a one time event or if it will lead to a larger role for Dreamer in the company. John Gaburick has been building a new office staff in recent weeks.
Captain of a sinking ship.