Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Warrior -- San Marcos, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Impaled -- Oakland, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014

Old 01-09-2014, 05:27 AM
Concert Veteran

Wow, 10 bucks a month and the fans get everything they could ever want? I think they've struck gold here. It may make more money in the long run than anything they've ever done. Even the dirt poor rednecks who think wrestling is real can afford this. Honestly, I don't see how this can fail, it's just too good of a deal. If they can get around a million people to sign up for this to start, they're making huge money right out of the gate.

I don't do much live streaming on my laptop or PS3. I still have to find out how strong my internet is when it comes to that. But I'm certainly getting the network. I've been a fan for 28 years and it's just insane if I pass this up.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:48 AM
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!

It's fun and easy to make fun of and criticize current content as silly and disrespectful of fans.

But I honestly have to say that this is like a gift from WWE, so thank you and way to go! It's a 6-month minimum commitment, which means it leaves it open for price increases which you know will happen. $10/month is just the test run to see how many people sign up initially.

My fear is that if the executive folks are any way like the creative live team, they're gonna screw this up royally at some point turning this entire channel heel leaving us scratching our heads saying...WHY?!

But for now, this is awesome (piss off Miz).
Old 01-09-2014, 06:03 AM
Concert Veteran

If there is a price increase down the line, I don't think it would be more than an extra dollar or two. Even with that this is still a deal. I recently got rid of Showtime and that was only like 12 or 13 a month. I doubt the WWE will ever charge more a month than a major channel like that. At least not any time soon they won't.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:13 AM
Concert Veteran

The other awesome thing I read is that Chris Benoit will be allowed to be shown on the network. There will be some kind of disclaimer shown before anything with him in it though. I guess the WWE wants to let the kids know that murdering your wife, kid and then taking your own life is a big "no,no".
Old 01-09-2014, 06:22 AM

Ladies and gentlemen, can I have some decorum PLEASE!

What an amazing announcement we've just received from our esteemed CEO and executive staff. This truly is the beginning of a new era in sports entertainment.

BUT I'M AFRAID I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS.

No doubt the lot of you legends and flea market age decrepit old men will be left out in the cold seeing as you don't even know what the internet is, much less the concepts of wi-fi, streaming, smartphones, or a Chromecast. For all of you hoping to rekindle your glory days by watching yourselves in your prime are in for a rude awakening. Your attempts to navigate through a deep menu of choices will be akin to watching you all program your VCR's. All my best to you!

Thank you very much.

Last edited by Maideneer; 01-09-2014 at 07:06 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:54 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

I got high hopes for this when I read that they partnered with the same people that do the same stuff for MLB. MLB is years behind a lot of stuff with the other major sports but if you have old games/highlights you want to see, the MLB site blows the other major sports out of the water and it's not even close. Assuming no technical problems I have a hard time believing this won't succeed.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:58 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maideneer View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, can I have some decorum PLEASE!

What an amazing announcement we've just received from our esteemed CEO and executive staff. This truly is the beginning of a new era in sports entertainment.

BUT I'M AFRAID I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS.

No doubt the lot of you legends and flea market age decrepit old men will be left out in the cold seeing as you don't even know what the internet is, much less the concepts of wi-fi, streaming, smarthphones, or a Chromecast. For all of you hoping to rekindle your glory days by watching yourselves in your prime are in for a rude awakening. Your attempts to navigate through a deep menu of choices will be akin to watching you all program your VCR's. All my best to you!

Thank you very much.

It would've have been awesome if Barrett showed up at the network launch conference and said this.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:14 AM

I know a lot of people hate this skit, but truthfully it's one of the few bright spots they have right now. If they would now dare cut in on a Cena/Orton skit with this, it would elevate this kayfabe sucker to the max, then combine it with Barrett actually wrestling again to give it some depth.

Tell me Barrett vs. Cesaro wouldn't make for a downright awesome feud, PPV worthy even. Throw a little BNB vs Colter on the mic, and you've got yourself some stand-out primo good-to-go, jet flyin' kiss stealin' potential.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:36 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maideneer View Post
I know a lot of people hate this skit, but truthfully it's one of the few bright spots they have right now. If they would now dare cut in on a Cena/Orton skit with this, it would elevate this kayfabe sucker to the max, then combine it with Barrett actually wrestling again to give it some depth.

Tell me Barrett vs. Cesaro wouldn't make for a downright awesome feud, PPV worthy even. Throw a little BNB vs Colter on the mic, and you've got yourself some stand-out primo good-to-go, jet flyin' kiss stealin' potential.
I think putting Barrett's podium on a scissors lift so he towers above the crowd during his promos was a really nice touch. But instead of just shitting on the audience like he does he needs to do more promos like he did this week with the legends. Once he starts picking on individual people with his bad news, feuds will get going and we can see if this new persona of his has any legs to it. So far, I'm liking it but they've screwed up Barrett so many times over the last few years I don't exactly have faith that WWE creative can pull this off.

Barrett should've been a world champ by now. He's kind of becoming the new version of Kane because no matter what they stick him with, good or bad, he always does his best to make it work.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:53 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

If they haven't jacked the price for the network to much once it gets launched in Canada I'm in. I think the PPV's alone will warrent me paying.
07/04 - Agalloch
08/23 - Alice in Chains
12/06 - the Music of Final Fantasy