Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Raven -- Fullerton, CA -- October 23rd, 2014
King Diamond -- Denver, CO -- October 24th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 24th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Evansville, IN -- October 22nd, 2014
Pearl Jam -- Denver, CO -- October 22nd, 2014

Old 01-02-2014, 08:07 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
That's awesome. But you're still going to pay $14.99 a month for the WWE Network so you can enjoy quality original programming like Total Divas, The Cole and JBL Show, After Total Divas and the Santino Show, right?
Man you'd have to pay me to watch Raw now and it's not like I'm paying extra for USA Network. Man that is an awful lineup of new shows.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:37 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Yeah, I have a feeling the WWE Network will be a huge disappointment. A guy brought up something the other day that really changed my outlook and that was the NFL Network, the potential it had and the disappointment it's become.
03/07 - Video Games Live
Old 01-02-2014, 08:43 AM

All WWE Network has to do is be WWE on demand only showing more of the same stuff demand already shows. You try to get cute w/ new shows and shit and that will 100% ruin it. Stick w/ what works.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:55 AM

They won't though. They'll fill it with retarded reality shows and those amazing original movies they green-light. And no one will pay for that. The only way to get people to pay for that shit would be to have Raw or Smackdown on the Network.

I hate reality TV but poorly done reality TV is even worse, and the WWE Network will be full of it.

Don't get your hopes up.
03/07 - Video Games Live
Old 01-02-2014, 08:56 AM

Speaking of terrible original movies, I saw the preview for the one staring the Miz...wow.
03/07 - Video Games Live
Old 01-02-2014, 09:12 AM
Concert Veteran

The main hook that the WWE network has, at least for me, is that the PPVs will be shown on it every month. Except for WrestleMania which you have to buy as a separate PPV. Considering it will only cost $14.99 a month vs the PPVs which cost $60.00 every month right now, that's a good deal. I'm not sure if i'll get it though since it's supposed to be an online streaming thing similar to Netflix. I spend a decent amount of time on my laptop but certainly not enough to pay for a streaming wrestling network. If it were a regular station available on my TV I would probably get it.

For those interested, Chris Jericho has started doing a podcast called Talk Is Jericho. Steve Austin, Edge and Eddie Trunk have been guest so far and Bret Hart is his guest next week. Austin and Edge had a lot of good wrestling stories to tell. I knew a good amount of the Austin stuff since so much of it has been covered on his WWE DVDs though. A lot of the stuff Edge talked about I didn't know.

http://www.podcastone.com/Talk-Is-Jericho
Old 01-02-2014, 09:47 AM
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!

If WWE Network is $15 a month, that's $180/year, no small penny. Will they reduce the # of PPV's this year to give you less value? It better be absolutely commercial free...if it's like Hulu Plus where you pay for the privilege to watch ads then it's gonna sink. Ever watch a series of videos on the WWE website? Not exaggerating, there is a 30 second video EVERY SINGLE TIME you cue up another video...it's infuriating.

They also better allow you to access it via any device you want, none of this maximum 2 or 4 screens crap. Maybe there will be a 5-times-a-show tutorial from Cole on how to use your WWE app to access this channel.

Switching gears now, Christmas Bounty featuring The Miz is in stores now, and it's a limited edition to every one who wants one!
Old 01-02-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maideneer View Post

Switching gears now, Christmas Bounty featuring The Miz is in stores now, and it's a limited edition to every one who wants one!
I'll wait for it to debut after the Total Divas marathon on the WWE Network.
03/07 - Video Games Live
Old 01-02-2014, 12:08 PM

God that's awful. I didn't know it was going to be Netflix like, I thought it was gonna be like an actual channel. For $15 dammit, I want my XFL replays shown as well!!!!

I don't want it to fail because its WWE but honestly if there's going to be so much stupid shit on there that might BARELY have anything to do w/ wrestling then yea I hope to god it goes belly up. If you are someone who still likes WWE now and gets the PPVs every month then yes its a damn good deal. I remember reading that the 4 big PPVs (Rumble, Wrestlemania, Summerslam & Survivor Series) wouldn't be included but the other 8 would be. Not sure if it got changed to just WM or not. They should be nice and if you get the WWE channel they should give you some kind of $ amount off of the 4 main PPVs if that's indeed how they are doing it.

Edit:
After looking it up, it is all non WM PPVs that will be viewable on WWE Network. I'll just copy off of Wikipedia:

"According to reports, WWE's current plan for the network is to launch it during the 1st quarter of 2014, specifically February 24, the day after the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view.[1] According to other reports, "the initial price point will be in the $10-$12 a month range, with the sign-up being for 6 months; WrestleMania 30 will be viewable on the network, with the plan still being reported as every non-WrestleMania pay-per-view airing on the network in the future; the network won't be a channel on TV, but an app-like service along the lines of Netflix that the viewer will be able to watch online and on devices like smart TVs, PS3, PS4, XBox 360, Xbox One and so on; there will be a live 24/7 stream of content on the network, which is the thing that will separate it from apps like Netflix. However, on-demand viewing will still be a part of the network, as the entire library of RAW and SmackDown episodes, as well as pay-per-views, will be available to watch at launch."

That doesn't sound terrible honestly. I like the app idea along w/ the entire library of Raw/Smackdown episodes. The only thing that I wonder about is what about the WCW/ECW library? I know that you can only keep so much stuff on demand for everybody but I wonder if those other 2 promotions will be represented on there? Obviously I know that there's just as many people who would want WCW/ECW stuff as the would WWE stuff. I don't see myself getting this (not anytime soon atleast) but depending the response and content I'd be open. *Wife approval required of course.

Last edited by 300%_Density; 01-02-2014 at 12:17 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:23 PM
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!

$10-$12/month? Sorry, that's asking a little too much. Promotion the hell out of it at the start...hell sell me a lifetime pass for $500, that's what Sirius/XM did for a while.