Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013

Old 10-25-2013, 12:53 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
Turned on TNA last night... and fell asleep
That was a bad show. Way too many talking segments. At least they tried to salvage it with the AJ Styles/Bully Ray world title rematch. They really need to get their shit together and find a way to get back in the direction they were going in 2012.

I don't even think Austin Aries was on last night. It can't be an episode of Impact if he's not on.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:27 PM
Rats off to ya

Do any of you know of this wrestler named UltraMantis Black? He formed a hardcore band with members of Pissed Jeans and it sounds like it's gonna be a cool project.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:27 PM
WHAT THE FUCK...HAVE....I BECOME!!!!

Man Comic Con has been awesome the past two days. The NWO panel was so much fun to watch. Hearing them talk about matches, backstage, who they hated to wrestle, and all the road stories was just so great.

I got to give to DDP man cause Scott Hall looks amazing. Dude stole the show for sure with his stories. It's just awesome to see him not fucked up you know? I hope he can keep it up.

Didn't pay for autographs or anything haha. Just went up to them all and shook their hands and talked with some for a bit. X-Pac was so awesome cause he didn't give a shit about you paying to take a pic with him or get shit signed. Dude was just taking pics with anyone who wanted one. Was cool as fuck to talk to as well. Got to talk with Hall for a bit as well and told him how awesome it was to see him looking fit and good. He said he's never felt better in his life and that he wants it to stay this way. So hopefully he keeps it up.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:16 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

I CALL BULLSHIT.

I never even got a chance to post my thoughts on Cena winning the World Heavyweight Championship. I was going to say that it was good and bad. Good because his winning the title would elevate it back to a respectable level. And good because if a lower card guy (like Damien Sandow) could beat him for it it would elevate them too. But bad because I could see him facing Orton in a title unification match he would ultimately win. And bad because I know the WWE doesn't consider a guy like Sandow on the same level as Cena, so if he were to cash in I could've seen him losing.

And before I could post it Sandow cashes in, dominates Cena, gets hotter than hell in the process...and loses. FUCKING BULLSHIT. It's days like these that I fucking hate the WWE and their eternal push of Cena.
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation
Old 10-29-2013, 04:58 AM
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!

He sells merch and tickets. That's #1 priority to them, ALWAYS. Don't you think they're afraid of live events turning into that pic of TNA we saw above? I doubt it will happen, but it seems like they are just making sure.

I like Sandow too, and I like PTP, Ryder, Drew McIntyre, Barrett, Ambrose, Cesaro, and even Heath Slater is good. But this roster is so way overloaded with undercards and is so bottom heavy they need to rethink this approach.

They almost need to trim the fat, bring back genuine jobbers to not bury genuine talent and give good pushes to the best of the best.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:23 AM
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!

Interesting article, I love metrics like this.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/much-wr...0204--spt.html
Old 10-29-2013, 05:50 AM
Concert Veteran

That Sandow cash in was strange. It's rare they book someone to look strong but also look like a chump at the same time. Sandow and Cena put on a pretty good match and Sandow looked decent even in defeat. But when you factor in the sneak attack on Cena's injured arm and the fact that Sandow couldn't put him away in a long match, Sandow really comes out looking bad in the end.

That's the huge issue with the MITB winner. They sometimes give to guys who can be main eventers like Sandow, but they just aren't quite at that level yet. There's also times where they give it to people who should never be main eventers. Ziggler, Swagger and The Miz come immediately to mind. I like Sandow but I thought it was too soon for him to win the MITB. I think he could benefit more from having a good run with the IC or US title first before becoming world champ. Maybe that's just the old school fan in me talking but that's one of the things midcard titles were used for back in the day.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:03 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Boy is the internet not happy about this Bryan angle.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maideneer View Post
He sells merch and tickets. That's #1 priority to them, ALWAYS. Don't you think they're afraid of live events turning into that pic of TNA we saw above? I doubt it will happen, but it seems like they are just making sure.

I like Sandow too, and I like PTP, Ryder, Drew McIntyre, Barrett, Ambrose, Cesaro, and even Heath Slater is good. But this roster is so way overloaded with undercards and is so bottom heavy they need to rethink this approach.

They almost need to trim the fat, bring back genuine jobbers to not bury genuine talent and give good pushes to the best of the best.
You hit the nail on the head, I'm just fucking tired of it. I'm not made that he cashed in and lost. If he had of cashed in and lost to Alberto Del Rio, or CM Punk or Orton I'd be applauding the WWE for doing something different. It's just why is it ALWAYS Cena?

That said, if MitB was around in the late 1990's and someone tried to cash in on Stone Cold they'd have lost. And if someone tried to cash in on Triple H circa 2002-2005 they wouldn't have had a chance. But that never happened, this always does. I didn't even watch Raw, if watched the video posted on WWE.com of the match. But that five minutes reminded me why I never watch any more.

I'd imagine this is how wrestling fans from the 1960's and 1970's felt in the 1980's when Hogan and Hulkamania was going strong.
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation

Last edited by adamclark52; 10-29-2013 at 08:51 AM.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Boy is the internet not happy about this Bryan angle.
I think they've dragged it out too long and he's lost a lot of steam. The thing I'm most unhappy about is the prospect of Shawn Micheals coming back for a match. I'd prefer guys to stay retired. Especially when they get a good send-off like he did. If he comes back once he'll keep coming back and he'll be no better than Ric Flair or Terry Funk.

But if he does come back it just shows that the WWE has no faith in their young talent and they have to bring back another "part timer" to fill seats. Just like last years Wrestlemania, and probably this years too.

The WWE may be in more trouble than you think when it comes to the future. They're fine now because those guys can still go but in ten years HBK, the Undertaker and so on won't be able to go, period. Wrestlemania XXX will be fine and probably Wrestlemanias XXXI thru XXXIV, but what are they going to do come Wrestlamania XXXIX?
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation