Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014
Riot Fest -- Denver, CO -- September 19th, 2014

Old 09-04-2013, 05:44 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
That was the tail end of the Attitude era, not the golden era of 97-99. I just fucking hate Triple H so much that I can't glorify it for the guy. 2000 was all about the guy and I loath him.
Then you must have hated 2003 and 2004 when Triple H dominated the WWE and held the belt for most of that time. Triple H was great in his first main event run during the attitude era. Austin was gone for a year with the neck jury and HHH stepped up and carried the company while Austin was out. Those two periods in HHH's career are two of the greatest heel runs of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Sanitarium, could you give us your thoughts on the Daniel Bryan as Stone Cold vs HHH as Vince McMahon story?
It's the best thing they've done in a long time. Yes, they've taken some influence from other past storylines that were similar but they've come up with something very good here. The heels are completely unlikable and you want to see Orton and company get the shit kicked out of them. Of course I always want to see Randy Orton get his ass kicked so nothing has changed for me there. The faces are easy to cheer for and are being portrayed as underdogs very well and you can easily get behind them.

I don't see Bryan as being like Austin. I see him more like Mick Foley back when he feuded with Vince and The Rock for the title in late 1998 and early 1999. Just like Mick, Bryan doesn't have the look of a WWE guy let alone a world champ and should never have made it as far as he has. But his heart, determination and willingness to give it all to entertain the fans has got him in the main event and the people 100 percent behind him. They need to get the belt on him at Night Of Champions. Four times since Summerslam Bryan has been left laying by Triple H and his goons to end the show. This can only happen so much before people lose faith in Bryan and stop believing he can win the belt back. He needs to win at Night Of Champions and have the belt while his character is still going strong and the fans are on fire for him. Otherwise the storyline will be a waste.

Triple H as always is doing a great job as a heel and getting everyone to hate him. He's playing the unlikable corporate heel perfectly. There is a big difference between Triple H and Vince when it comes to them being authority figures though. That is Triple H used to be a wrestler and a very decorated and accomplished one. He may be more fearsome in this role than Vince ever was because people know exactly what Triple H is capable of when someone pisses him off. Nobody wants Trips to bust out his trusty sledgehammer and get nailed with it. Having The Shield as the corporate muscle is a nice addition and makes Triple H come off as even more powerful and threatening with those three guarding the ring while him and Orton are in there.

I think at Night Of Champions we will get a group of faces, lead by Big Show, who will come down to the ring and fight off The Shield during the Bryan/Orton match and it will result in Bryan winning the belt. He deserves more than five minutes as WWE champ. Bryan should at least keep it until Survivor Series where he can drop it back to Orton. At least let the guy have the belt for a few months before Triple H finds a way to take it off him.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 09-04-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:28 PM
D.B.B.

I heard that they are gonna keep building Bryan as the underdog until Royal Rumble where he wins the Rumble match and gets the belt at Mania.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:25 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Oh I fucking hated 2002-2005. I loved a lot about those years but I fucking hated Triple H then. I still hate him. I've never been madder at wrestling than Summerslam 2003. And to just be "given" the belt. No tournament, no match, just like "we all know you're getting it so...here ya go".
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 09-05-2013, 05:16 AM
D.B.B.

Quote:
I've never been madder at wrestling than Summerslam 2003. And to just be "given" the belt. No tournament, no match, just like "we all know you're getting it so...here ya go".
Wait, what?
Old 09-05-2013, 06:59 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
Wait, what?
Back in September of 2002 Brock Lesnar was WWE champ and singed a deal to be exclusive to Smackdown. This left the RAW brand without a champion, so one night Eric Bischoff, the RAW GM at the time, brought back the world heavyweight championship and just awarded it to Triple H. This is where the champions for the separate brands were born and it gave RAW a world title. More importantly they accomplished what they wanted to as it gave Triple H massive heat from the fans for not earning the belt. He went on to dominate RAW for the next two years as champ only dropping the belt briefly to HBK and Goldberg before getting it back pretty fast both times. He did drop the belt to Benoit in 2004 and then Batista in 2005, so Triple H did make a few stars during his run but he usually dominated and buried most guys.

Seriously, how do you not know this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xzDFQQQVPc

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 09-05-2013 at 07:46 AM.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:57 AM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Back in September of 2002 Brock Lesnar was WWE champ and singed a deal to be exclusive to Smackdown. This left the RAW brand without a champion, so one night Eric Bischoff, the RAW GM at the time, brought back the world heavyweight championship and just awarded it to Triple H. This is where the champions for the separate brands were born and it gave RAW a world title. More importantly they accomplished what they wanted to as it gave Triple H massive heat from the fans for not earning the belt. He went on to dominate RAW for the next two years as champ only dropping the belt briefly to HBK and Goldberg before getting it back pretty fast both times. He did drop the belt to Benoit in 2004 and then Batista in 2005, so Triple H did make a few stars during his run but he usually dominated and buried most guys.

I was thinking that they gave him the belt at Summerslam. To be honest I didn't watch wrestling much at that time.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
I was thinking that they gave him the belt at Summerslam. To be honest I didn't watch wrestling much at that time.
Oh, I they gave him the belt at Summerslam 2003. He was champ at the time but the time for him to lose was that match. Goldberg was on fire during that match, I mean FIRE! Then they snuffed the fire out in less than five minutes. He won the belt the next month at Unforgiven but the heat was dead by then. He should've won at Summerslam.
11/30 - Devin Townsend

Last edited by adamclark52; 09-05-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:04 PM
WHAT THE FUCK...HAVE....I BECOME!!!!

Trips name dropped the cruiserweight and European championships. Hopefully its a sign to come cause that would be awesome.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:31 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Oh, I they gave him the belt at Summerslam 2003. He was champ at the time but the time for him to lose was that match. Goldberg was on fire during that match, I mean FIRE! Then they snuffed the fire out in less than five minutes. He won the belt the next month at Unforgiven but the heat was dead by then. He should've won at Summerslam.
Oh yes I got whatcha mean now.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post

That segment, that fucking segment. Here I go.

There's one line in that promo that still drives me crazy. It's when Bischoff says "If I would’ve been able to sign you to Nitro I know who would’ve been able to win the Monday Night Wars.", then sucks Triple H’s dick for a minute. Serious? I can think of three guys that would've made way more an impact if they'd have jumped to WCW: Stone Cold, the Rock and the Undertaker. Triple H was popular but I think he registered even lower on the radar the Mick Foley and Kane in those days. And there were some guys that had jumped from WCW that would’ve probably made a bigger impact if they went back. He was, at best, an upper-midcarder in the golden age of the Monday Night Wars. Him jumping to WCW wouldn't have even moved the needle. His first title reign in late 1999 may not have even happened if it wasn’t for the fact that Stone Cold and the Undertaker went out within a few months of each other with bad injuries. I didn't hate him so much at first when he got the title. I was just a little confused that he got it because I didn't see him as a main-eventer. It was the following months where it just got old. It goes back to how this topic got started with how every goddamn Raw started out with him talking about a) who he was going to beat at the next pay-per-view or b) who he just beat at the last pay-per-view. And I hate Stephanie McMahon SO MUCH too so that didn't help either.

I probably just “mark out” too much when I go on about Triple H. Maybe he just is the greatest heel of the modern era. Maybe I just read too much into the backstage politics and stories I read online. And really, some of the people he buried in the years after this promo weren’t really people that needed to be champion anyway. Did we really need to see the belt around Kane, Scott Steiner, Rob Van Dam, Booker T and Kevin Nash’s waists? No, none of them (except Booker) were really right for the belt for one reason or another.

But it was a known fact in those days that Triple H was dating the bosses daughter and was playing the backstage politics game. Back to the promo where he was given the belt. Just the fact that one line is fed from the Triple H machine is wrong on so many levels. And you can tell in Bischoffs voice that there is no sincerity to it. I hated Triple H before that promo but I loathed him after that one line. Just giving him the belt was bad enough but that he tried to put himself over so many greater stars from the Attitude era in doing it. Because I believe that whole scenario was pitched by him and his dumb bitch wife to put him over everyone. That's why to this goddamn day I hate him.
11/30 - Devin Townsend

Last edited by adamclark52; 09-05-2013 at 10:53 PM.