ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 1 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 12th, 2014

Old 03-24-2013, 07:04 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
Foley Top Ten

I've seen numbers one and three a million fucking times but dear god all ten of these are great. Foley really was a terrible wrestler (I agree with everything FLair has said about him as a wrestler) but he was a highspot king!
Lame that they didn't use any of his Japan stuff.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:12 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
Lame that they didn't use any of his Japan stuff.
Yeah, but they could make a top fifty just with the shit they own. I can think of eleven chair shots from Royal Rumble 1999 alone.

video

The forth, fifth and ninth ones are especially br00tal.
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 -DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy
Old 03-24-2013, 07:25 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Foley Top Ten

I've seen numbers one and three a million fucking times but dear god all ten of these are great. Foley really was a terrible wrestler (I agree with everything FLair has said about him as a wrestler) but he was a highspot king!
I was thinking the same thing after just watching his match from royal rumble 1999.

Remember that one, the i quit between him and Rock where Rock hits in hard with a chair like 10 times in a row.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:44 PM

Of course! I remember lots of great Mick Foley matches, just none of them for the wrestling. It was because he either got thrown off something, thrown through something, fell on something or got hit by something. He seems like a nice guy but he was just a "glorified stuntman". Which was fine for the era he wrestled in. Having one match in his style on a card was great.

I still consider him to be one of the worst WWE champions of all-time. He held that honor all on his own from 1999 up until when Rey Misterio won the title in 2006 (a different title but still the top tier title in the WWE). Since then there's been a bunch.

One match of his I think is totally overrated was the Hell in a Cell with the Undertaker. That matched happened just before I started watching again in 1998 and my friend was telling me it was "the greatest match he'd ever seen". Over the years I saw the footage of him getting thrown off the cage and through the cage but it wasn't until his first DVD came out in 2004 that I got to see the entire match. I was so excited and so letdown! I had no idea that getting thrown off the top of the cage happened within five minutes of the match starting. Then there was a bunch of stalling until he got thrown through the cage, then a bunch of stalling, then the finish. I guess at the time it was probably one of the best matches ever but once you watched it five years later it really sucked.

All that said, I would much rather watch any of his matches over whatever happens on Raw this week.
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend

Last edited by adamclark52; 03-24-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:05 PM

I'll say it again if I haven't. The one time I met Mick Foley he was a complete dick. He had the attitude of I wasn't important and just wasting his time.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:49 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
I'll say it again if I haven't. The one time I met Mick Foley he was a complete dick. He had the attitude of I wasn't important and just wasting his time.
You're not inportant though. The faster you learn that the more likely you are not to bother famous people who have more important things to do

You're only person i've ever heard say anything bad about meeting Foley. Everything else i've ever heard or read has nothing but praise for what a nice guy he is. You probably caught him on a bad day, everybody has them. Keep in mind how hard it must be for celebrities to always act like they're in a great mood to meet fans all the time. I'm guessing that can get quite annoying or tiresome for them every now and then.

Yeah, like Flair said, Foley was mainly a stunt man but it's not like Flair was without flaws when it came to his in ring work. He put on the same match with the same exact spots from the mid 80s until HBK "retired" him. Just like Hogan and The Rock, if it weren't for his great charisma, Flair would never have been shit. He made people look good in the ring but Falir's overall in ring ability is highly overrated.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
You're not inportant though. The faster you learn that the more likely you are not to bother famous people who have more important things to do

You're only person i've ever heard say anything bad about meeting Foley. Everything else i've ever heard or read has nothing but praise for what a nice guy he is. You probably caught him on a bad day, everybody has them. Keep in mind how hard it must be for celebrities to always act like they're in a great mood to meet fans all the time. I'm guessing that can get quite annoying or tiresome for them every now and then.

Yeah, like Flair said, Foley was mainly a stunt man but it's not like Flair was without flaws when it came to his in ring work. He put on the same match with the same exact spots from the mid 80s until HBK "retired" him. Just like Hogan and The Rock, if it weren't for his great charisma, Flair would never have been shit. He made people look good in the ring but Falir's overall in ring ability is highly overrated.
He's the only guy I've ever met (wrestler anyway) that was a dick. I met him at a wrestling museum HOF show. I mean Terry Funk. Hacksaw, Jim Ross, DDP, Kevin Nash, Rhyno, New Age Outlaws, X Pac, and all the other guys I've met did nothing but give me all their attention.

DDP and Terry Funk actually go out of their way to talk and have a conversation. Terry Funk actually asked me if I wanted to take a few extra pictures to make sure they were all good since he was having fun taking them.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
He's the only guy I've ever met (wrestler anyway) that was a dick. I met him at a wrestling museum HOF show. I mean Terry Funk. Hacksaw, Jim Ross, DDP, Kevin Nash, Rhyno, New Age Outlaws, X Pac, and all the other guys I've met did nothing but give me all their attention.

DDP and Terry Funk actually go out of their way to talk and have a conversation. Terry Funk actually asked me if I wanted to take a few extra pictures to make sure they were all good since he was having fun taking them.
Yeah but come on, DDP is the greatest guy ever. He'd even make me feel good about myself.
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 03-26-2013, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Yeah but come on, DDP is the greatest guy ever. He'd even make me feel good about myself.
Yeah he is. Plus he let me hold the WCW Belt.

[IMG]radwrestling.com/images/wrestlingbuddies/brawlerddp.jpg[/IMG]

Plus I had that pillow of him since I was like 5 or something and I took it in for him to sign it and he was like shocked. He saw it with like amazement and said it's been forever since he seen one and that no one ever brings it to sign it. So the picture I have of him holding it with me his face is pure joy.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:59 AM

Hey dcmetal108, saw this posted on a couple news sites. It looks like you may be in for something special if this is indeed the official poster.

11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend