Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 14th, 2014

Old 02-28-2013, 12:48 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

The "Throwaway/Old School" show on Monday is a bit of a stupid idea. On one hand you had the 1000th Raw last July and the 20th anniversary two months ago, one was a definite old school show and one could/should have been. And on another hand, this should be the time to build Wrestlemania. Aside from the great possibility that the Undertaker could return why not do this type of show in June/July?
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 02-28-2013, 03:47 PM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

Hasn't every RAW been a throwaway show since The Rock became champ? #Sanitarium

But seriously, it's a cool idea, but it's so close to WrestleMania, they really need to build up storylines, create new last minute storylines, etc etc etc. Maybe this will be away to make CM Punk "kill some legends", thus causing 'Taker to come out and blah blah blah WM match.

It's too bad Goldust is just a side character, him and Cody could have a very awesome feud if they played it right. Have Goldy do some provocative things towards his brother... ok... maybe not, not in the PG era at least . But then again... WWE would just end up turning them into a Tag Team like Team Hell No :sigh:

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-01-2013, 05:24 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
Hasn't every RAW been a throwaway show since The Rock became champ? #Sanitarium

But seriously, it's a cool idea, but it's so close to WrestleMania, they really need to build up storylines, create new last minute storylines, etc etc etc. Maybe this will be away to make CM Punk "kill some legends", thus causing 'Taker to come out and blah blah blah WM match.

It's too bad Goldust is just a side character, him and Cody could have a very awesome feud if they played it right. Have Goldy do some provocative things towards his brother... ok... maybe not, not in the PG era at least . But then again... WWE would just end up turning them into a Tag Team like Team Hell No :sigh:
Actually just about every RAW has been a throwaway since they went to three hours. What have they done with the extra time that has benefited anybody? They use the extra time to run the same recap videos multiple times and for advertising instead of using it to build up guys. The main eventers just get more time now. What's going on with the midcard? Who are the US, IC and Tag champs feuding with right now? They made the switch to three hours and had absolutely no plan as to how to use the time at all. Yes, when WCW Nitro went to three hours it was still dominated by the NWO but no matter if it was good or bad they always had something going on with the US, TV, Tag and Cruiserweight titles. Vince should go back and watch old Nitro's if he wants to see how to make a three hour wrestling show worthwhile and how to make the whole roster, not just the main eventers seem important.

Couldn't agree more that they need to start building matches for Mania. We know the two world title matches and Brock/HHH will happen but hasn't been made official yet. Other than that, what the hell is going on at Mania? With less than five weeks until the show they're gonna have to really fast track some storylines to fill the card. Hell, TNA only has one two hour show a week and they have their whole roster built up better than the WWE does with three shows a week.

Cody and Goldust doing a Team Hell No thing would be very entertaining. Since they're brothers, the bickering would be natural and I think would come off very well on TV.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:38 AM

I always loved the three hour Nitros. Booker T used to always get a good fifteen to twenty minute match (albeit usually with a commercial break in the middle), Jericho got a good ten minutes, Eddie Guerrero and Benoit got time and the Cruiserweights/Lucha Libre guys too. It was only too bad that Heenan was only on half the show.
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend

Last edited by adamclark52; 03-01-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:13 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I always loved the three hour Nitros. Booker T used to always get a good fifteen to twenty minute match (albeit usually with a commercial break in the middle), Jericho got a good ten minutes, Eddie Guerrero and Benoit got time and the Cruiserweights/Lucha Libre guys too. It was only too bad that Heenan was only on half the show.
Exactly. Hogan and the other old timers may have been holding down the younger guys from moving up the card but they were still able to showcase what they had in the ring every week and most importantly they were given time to do it. There's a reason why guys like Jericho, Benoit, Eddie, Malenko, Saturn and Booker T had such a good buzz around them when they came to the WWF. The fans knew what they were capable of and they had the fan following and respect for all the hard work they did in WCW. Now, the WWF did drop the ball with Malenko and Saturn but the others went on to have legendary careers with them.

DDP is another guy that could've been so much more in the WWE. But I think due to how old he was Vince didn't wanna push him as a top guy. Still, he should've at least got a decent IC title reign or two out of his WWE run.

DDP didn't start training to become a wrestler until he was in his 30s. I've always wondered how big of a star he could've been back during the mid 80s and early 90s if he had started training at the younger age most others do? There's a good chance he could've been right there with Sting as the top guy in WCW.

Finally, when the fuck is the WWE gonna come out with a DDP DVD?
Old 03-02-2013, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Exactly. Hogan and the other old timers may have been holding down the younger guys from moving up the card but they were still able to showcase what they had in the ring every week and most importantly they were given time to do it. There's a reason why guys like Jericho, Benoit, Eddie, Malenko, Saturn and Booker T had such a good buzz around them when they came to the WWF. The fans knew what they were capable of and they had the fan following and respect for all the hard work they did in WCW. Now, the WWF did drop the ball with Malenko and Saturn but the others went on to have legendary careers with them.

DDP is another guy that could've been so much more in the WWE. But I think due to how old he was Vince didn't wanna push him as a top guy. Still, he should've at least got a decent IC title reign or two out of his WWE run.

DDP didn't start training to become a wrestler until he was in his 30s. I've always wondered how big of a star he could've been back during the mid 80s and early 90s if he had started training at the younger age most others do? There's a good chance he could've been right there with Sting as the top guy in WCW.

I wouldn't think they'd ever put out a DDP DVD, unfortunately.

His theme music in WCW: "self high-five"! Classic!
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 03-02-2013, 06:35 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post

Never, but hell DDP might just try to put one out on his own.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:03 PM

I can't see WWE ever putting out a DDP DVD because it would feature next to no WWE material, except maybe his match at Wrestlemania X8. And that match was nothing special. His WWE run is best left forgotten. I really like DDP but I can't remember too much great stuff from his WCW run either. No, it'll never happen.

And he could never put one out on his own because the WWE owns the rights to pretty much every match he ever had, except indy's, which not many people would want to see.

I think I like DDP the person more than DDP the wrestler. He just seems like a really genuine, great guy.
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 03-02-2013, 01:09 PM
D.B.B.

I have a DDP VHS somewhere from WCW. Pretty good stuff.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:55 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I can't see WWE ever putting out a DDP DVD because it would feature next to no WWE material, except maybe his match at Wrestlemania X8. And that match was nothing special. His WWE run is best left forgotten. I really like DDP but I can't remember too much great stuff from his WCW run either. No, it'll never happen.

And he could never put one out on his own because the WWE owns the rights to pretty much every match he ever had, except indy's, which not many people would want to see.

I think I like DDP the person more than DDP the wrestler. He just seems like a really genuine, great guy.
Not having enough or any WWE fotage hasn't stopped them before. They've released a Four Horsemen DVD, an AWA one and a couple of Ric Flair sets which were mostly NWA/WCW stuff. They've also released two best of Monday Nitro DVD sets which have no WWE footage either. If there's money to be made then the WWE will do it. I feel there is money in a DDP DVD. You can have the usual documentary on him with the first disc and then there is more then enough matches and promos to get another two discs out of it. From when he started as The Diamond Studd's (Scott Hall) manager, all the way through to the end of WCW, there's enough TV and PPV matches in the video library featuring him to put a DVD set together. I would love to see his matches with Randy Savage again. That fued was awesome.

They got him to be the host for the best of Nitro DVDs so it's possible they can work with him again on his own DVD set.