Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Old 04-23-2012, 03:51 PM
When will Jesus bring the pork chops?

Death Angel -- Rochester, NY -- April 22nd, 2012

Well, first I should say, the thread title was going to say Sepultura, who I didn't get to see. I'll explain later.

This was at Water street Concert Hall in Rochester. Got there about 730 and met up with some friends. There were about 150 or so people there. There were a couple local bands that played first. They were below average metalcore and death metal bands that i didn't much care for. There were only about 50 people there at that time, but started to pick up before Havok came on, who were next up.
I was looking forward to seeing them, as I really like them and a lot of the new up and coming thrash bands. They didn't disappoint. They kicked ass and the crowd was very into them. A lot of energy. I really enjoyed them. A couple of my friends even got into the pit and bounced around a little bit. Their setlist was.

Havok:
No Amnesty
Fatal Intervention
Morbid Symmetry
D.O.A.
Covering Fire
Afterburner

Next up was Krisiun (sp?). I was unfamiliar with them until last night, and I must say I liked them a lot. Really good guitar player. The crowd liked them quite a bit too. The guitar had some sound problems between some songs, which only took a couple minutes to fix each time, so the drummer occupied us with some solos. Good band.

Next up, Death Angel. They were who me, and by the looks of it, the rest of the place was there to see the most. Quite a bit of DA gear there. More than Sepultura actually. For anyone who has ever seen them live knows they do not disappoint. This was no different. The place went crazy for them. Energy, intensity, and completely on fire. They were fantastic. What you may expect from some old bay area thrashers. My neck was sore from banging my head. My goofy friends even got in the pit again.

Death Angel:
I Chose the Sky
Mistress of Pain
Truce
Claws In So Deep
Evil Priest
Buried Alive
Relentless Revolution
Seemingly Endless Time
The Ultra-Violence/Thrown to the Wolves

So as for why i didn't get to see Sepultura. I won't go into great detail but a couple of my friends got into a squabble, which kept escalating, over something really fucking stupid. She got to the point where she got the security guard to throw him out. I got sucked in to taking sides and left with him, because i didn't want to deal with the bullshit. I was his ride home anyway and didn't want him to stand out in the rain. It does suck because i would've like to see Sepultura. I'm not their biggest fan nowadays, but know they would put on a great show. Oh well. Shit happens. I've been to a million metal and rock shows and never dealt with anything like this. Metal shows aren't the place for drama, but what can you do?

Tags
death angel, havok