Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014
Riot Fest -- Denver, CO -- September 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 04-17-2012, 04:27 AM
PC Load Letter? What the fuck does that mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
This will probably be my 8th-10th time seeing Mastodon coming up, I don't know why you'd be disappointed by hearing more new stuff unless you really don't like the album. Super excited to hear Stargasm.
I'm cool with new songs and I do like the new album. But I don't love it enough to have 12 of the 17 songs played be from it. Stargasm was awesome by the way and The Sparrow was a cool closer (my two faves on the new album). In my opinion, I wish they had not played Thickening, Octopus Has No Friends, All The Heavy Lifting, Curl of the Burl (even though it's a single and was gonna be played no matter what) and Bedazzled Fingernails. Not bad songs by any means, but they really sucked the energy out of the show for me.

Different strokes for different folks. I like old Mastodon more than new Mastodon. If you love the new album, it should be a good show for you.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:50 AM
N00B

Love that Mastodon is playing nearly all of the The Hunter. And since they played Creature Lives when I saw them on The Hunter tour I have now heard the entire album live. Wish I could say the same for Crack the Skye...I'll be happy if I get to hear Oblivion at least once.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:20 PM
Buahahahahaha

I agree with OP, to an extent. Althought I'd love to see songs like Stargasm and Octopus live, 12/17 songs off The Hunter is a little much. Although it's cool they're at least playing a deep cut from Blood Mountain, completely ignoring Remission is fucking lame. I'm still disappointed I have to miss this, but it could be worse.
11/06 Intronaut
Old 04-17-2012, 01:30 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil709 View Post
Love that Mastodon is playing nearly all of the The Hunter. And since they played Creature Lives when I saw them on The Hunter tour I have now heard the entire album live. Wish I could say the same for Crack the Skye...I'll be happy if I get to hear Oblivion at least once.
The CTS shows were amazing, but they pretty much played it straight through for almost two years, so some change is welcome. You'll definitely see Oblivion back in their set list at some point.

Tags
mastodon, opeth