Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014

  #21  
Old 04-13-2012, 01:43 AM
treghet's Avatar
treghet treghet is offline
Altars of Radness
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
They hardly released material, and they all had their own side projects.

Akerfeldt grunts were perfect for Bloodbath IMHO.
Uh... three albums and two EPs is hardly any material? While it may have been over the course of over a decade, that's still a substantial amount for a band that was initially started as a side project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroRob View Post
Have you listened to Bloodbath Over Bloodstock?

I believe him when he says his vocals aren't the main reason why he is leaving the band, but I'm sure it was probably still a bit of a factor.
He said in an interview the reason for his poor vocals was that he was using an in-ear monitor that made him sound different, so he was compensating and not knowing what he actually sounded like. I would say the reason for him leaving (aside from not wanting to tour/record new material) is more or less losing interest in death metal all together.
__________________
10.20 Raven
10.24 Satan
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-13-2012, 01:45 AM
treghet's Avatar
treghet treghet is offline
Altars of Radness
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
It was never more than a "supergroup project", so I don't understand the fuss.

On metalfan.nl it was even said that Akerfeldt "has sank very deep: first no more death metal for Opeth (which was never a pure death metal band anyway but you know, trolls) and now this".

I think you're missing the point. He was saying that Mikael sounded like total shit on that DVD. Which he did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf9O1G0Acvs
__________________
10.20 Raven
10.24 Satan
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-13-2012, 01:48 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Long live Ronnie James Dio
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 2,843
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
I think you're missing the point. He was saying that Mikael sounded like total shit on that DVD. Which he did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf9O1G0Acvs
Over the course of 12 years:

3 albums
2 Ep's
2 Dvd's

You call that a big discography?

And that his vocals sounded shit on that dvd doesn't mean they weren't good on the albums...
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-13-2012, 01:51 AM
treghet's Avatar
treghet treghet is offline
Altars of Radness
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
Over the course of 12 years:

3 albums
2 Ep's
2 Dvd's

You call that a big discography?

And that his vocals sounded shit on that dvd doesn't mean they weren't good on the albums...
Nowhere did I call that a big discography. I was pointing out that it's more than hardly any material, which you called it.
__________________
10.20 Raven
10.24 Satan
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-13-2012, 02:11 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Long live Ronnie James Dio
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 2,843
Blog Entries: 1
*Puts on Morbid Angel remix album and respects other opinions*
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-13-2012, 02:15 AM
NecroRob's Avatar
NecroRob NecroRob is offline
Now I am become Death. The destroyer of worlds.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle-ish
Posts: 1,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post

He said in an interview the reason for his poor vocals was that he was using an in-ear monitor that made him sound different, so he was compensating and not knowing what he actually sounded like.
Hmm, I hadn't heard that before. Kinda sounds like bullshit to me, but I'm not a musician so idk how legitimate that excuse is.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-13-2012, 02:24 AM
treghet's Avatar
treghet treghet is offline
Altars of Radness
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroRob View Post
Hmm, I hadn't heard that before. Kinda sounds like bullshit to me, but I'm not a musician so idk how legitimate that excuse is.
After looking at a couple videos of them playing Deliverance on the current tour he sounds like normal again.
__________________
10.20 Raven
10.24 Satan
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-13-2012, 06:26 AM
John The Drummer's Avatar
John The Drummer John The Drummer is offline
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,522
This is such a bummer, but as said earlier in this thread, he didn't seem too into it at all. In their newest DVD he even admits (or at least leads on to) that it's just a fun thing on the side and doesn't care much for it.

Bloodbath needs to stay around, because the members of Katatonia need to play something heavy >.< . Hopefully this new singer will be as sarcastic as Akerfeldt was on stage.
__________________
- Dalla Nebbia
facebook.com/dallanebbiamusic
dallanebbia.bandcamp.com

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-13-2012, 09:36 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Long live Ronnie James Dio
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 2,843
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
This is such a bummer, but as said earlier in this thread, he didn't seem too into it at all. In their newest DVD he even admits (or at least leads on to) that it's just a fun thing on the side and doesn't care much for it.

Bloodbath needs to stay around, because the members of Katatonia need to play something heavy >.< . Hopefully this new singer will be as sarcastic as Akerfeldt was on stage.
Haha, about that sarcasm: a journalist from Dutch aardschok magazine reviewed their show at Wacken (I think) and he didn't like Akerfeld, because he said things like "now we belong to the death metal elite" amongst others.

LOL.
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-13-2012, 10:31 AM
GameFreac GameFreac is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 298
As long as they get a good singer and tour the US, this is not bad news to me.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:08 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008