Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

  #11  
Old 04-12-2012, 11:10 AM
larvtard's Avatar
larvtard larvtard is offline
and you can never quarantine the past
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
somber
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
depressing
Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
depressing
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredFlame View Post
depressive
I GET IT

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-12-2012, 12:38 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is online now
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 22,325
Blog Entries: 19
to me, la dispute is kind of like babby's first emotional band
__________________
12/16 - Pallbearer
12/18 - Orange Goblin
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-12-2012, 09:31 PM
larvtard's Avatar
larvtard larvtard is offline
and you can never quarantine the past
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
to me, la dispute is kind of like babby's first emotional band
You also could've just said "I'm not in touch with my inner emotions" and saved yourself embarrassment from that completely idiotic opinion

I like Parting the Sea Between Brightness and Me more than any of La Dispute's albums, but La Dispute's good songs are at least 10x better than Touche Amore's good songs. It's sort of like a Reign in Blood vs. South of Heaven argument, I guess. PTSBBAM flows incredibly well and is is incredibly consistent, but La Dispute simply write better songs.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-12-2012, 11:16 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is online now
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 22,325
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by larvtard View Post
You also could've just said "I'm not in touch with my inner emotions" and saved yourself embarrassment from that completely idiotic opinion

I like Parting the Sea Between Brightness and Me more than any of La Dispute's albums, but La Dispute's good songs are at least 10x better than Touche Amore's good songs. It's sort of like a Reign in Blood vs. South of Heaven argument, I guess. PTSBBAM flows incredibly well and is is incredibly consistent, but La Dispute simply write better songs.
wut

I don't need to pour my heart out into a LiveJournal to be in touch with my inner emotions. I did that when I was 14, and I wasn't in touch with them then, either.
__________________
12/16 - Pallbearer
12/18 - Orange Goblin
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-12-2012, 11:35 PM
larvtard's Avatar
larvtard larvtard is offline
and you can never quarantine the past
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
wut

I don't need to pour my heart out into a LiveJournal to be in touch with my inner emotions. I did that when I was 14, and I wasn't in touch with them then, either.
Cool?

I wasn't being serious, anyway. Hence the wink.

"Baby's first emotional band"... You got the wrong band, apparently, or you're not listening hard enough.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-12-2012, 11:40 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is online now
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 22,325
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by larvtard View Post
Cool?

I wasn't being serious, anyway. Hence the wink.

"Baby's first emotional band"... You got the wrong band, apparently, or you're not listening hard enough.
I think you're a babby
__________________
12/16 - Pallbearer
12/18 - Orange Goblin
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-13-2012, 12:22 AM
Nick_to_the_face's Avatar
Nick_to_the_face Nick_to_the_face is offline
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,847
Toucche Amore is a million billion times better
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-13-2012, 05:19 AM
kalfitegrdan's Avatar
kalfitegrdan kalfitegrdan is offline
THIS IS LHHC!
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: DeKalb, IL
Posts: 3,970
I don't know who either of those bands are, but I'm gonna have to go with South of Heaven on this one.
__________________
12/26 Macabre ?
12/27 Zero Boys ?
1/5 Genocide Pact ?
1/9 Skull Fist
1/10 Cruel Hand
1/16 Mayhem
1/23 Sea of Shit
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-13-2012, 08:57 AM
ShatteredFlame's Avatar
ShatteredFlame ShatteredFlame is offline
not the mama
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hamden CT/Long Island NY
Posts: 2,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
to me, la dispute is kind of like babby's first emotional band
Nah La Dispute are a great band really. It's either Defeater or Make Do And Mend that hold that title.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-13-2012, 06:39 PM
jd091's Avatar
jd091 jd091 is offline
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredFlame View Post
Nah La Dispute are a great band really. It's either Defeater or Make Do And Mend that hold that title.
Troof. Anyway, I like Touché more, just because I've listened to 'em more. La Dispute are leaps and bounds better than Defeater.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:10 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008