Downset -- Albany, NY -- July 24th, 2014
Megadeth -- Tolmin, Slovenia -- July 25th, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Tinley Park, IL -- July 24th, 2014
Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 04-09-2012, 07:09 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Awesome setlist if it's real. The lack of covers and it being from Setlist.fm is a bit curios, but regardless, history was made to an extent at any battle of the bands or talent show Slayer played back in the day, which I'm sure would've included people probably booing them and not understanding what they were hearing with songs like Ice Titan and Black Magic.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:52 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard in Black 666 View Post
"One of the first live appearances ever by Slayer was on March 25th 1982 at Los Angeles' South Gate highschool during lunch break. In the early days Slayer were playing cover songs by Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and various punk bands since Jeff was and still is a huge punk fan."

Looks pretty legit to me. They may be unreliable in some things but I'm pretty certain some doucher wouldn't make this setlist up for shits and giggles.
I don't know how reliable it is, but my friend's dad is Mark from Great White and I heard from him that Slayer used to be a hair metal band right when they started. They were completely glammed out and one day just changed their image and sound and became the Slayer we know and love.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:02 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrunt View Post
Slayer 1982

I didn't know that Jack Black was in Slayer
Old 04-09-2012, 08:33 AM
Long live Ronnie James Dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
I didn't know that Jack Black was in Slayer
They look like glam band here IMHO...

My album collection: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10683&page=16
Old 04-09-2012, 02:09 PM
N00B

Glam!? Easy brotha......keep things in context, we are talking 1982/3! Spandex...(black and red), bullet belts, black makeup under the eyes even fringed or shredded jackets were considered TOTAL METAL at the time.
Slayer were f'n brutal and beyond evil heavy at the time, posers and Top 40 crowd were scared shitless of them! lol ahhh good times....
Old 04-09-2012, 04:58 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
I don't know how reliable it is, but my friend's dad is Mark from Great White and I heard from him that Slayer used to be a hair metal band right when they started. They were completely glammed out and one day just changed their image and sound and became the Slayer we know and love.
You're absoultuey right about the glam metal thing. I read that as well on that un-authorized autobiography book on the band(Talking about it makes me wanna go find that book. I know i have it somewhere, I bought it a long time ago at a BORDERS book store). That is very true, they did start off as a much different band before creating the infamous SLAYER sound that we would all become so use too.

But i still strongly believe that this show was the real set and what i had posted is the Real deal, holy field. There are other sites and sources to back this up. I also stumbled on one of those Fanboy sites that is pretty much a "tell all" story about this very special day, with a link to the setlist and it doesn't take you directly to setlist.fm.

10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer

Tags
slayer