Battlecross -- Westland, MI -- December 20th, 2014
Sadistic Intent -- Downey, CA -- December 21st, 2013
Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014

Old 04-08-2012, 09:07 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Primus -- London, England -- April 5th, 2012

This was an astonishing show to say the least, watching Primus for around 2 and a half hours was something I never thought I'd get to witness when I first heard Poetry and Prose when I was around 14. The band were on fire, each member was someone to watch on the night, though for me the highlight was probably drummer Jay Lane, he shot straight to the top of the best drummer's I've seen live list, flawless, but my focus was jumping between all three equally through-out the night.

As far as the set-list goes, it's virtually impossible for Primus to do a bad set-list, and this was a great set-list by any description, though I didn't get to see a couple of my favorites (Here Come The Bastards was the most surprising omission), but that just makes me want to see them again, and with performances this good, I plan to see them many more times, before my days are done.

Set I
To Defy the Laws of Tradition (GREAT opener)
Duchess and the Proverbial Mind Spread
Prelude to a Crawl
Moron TV
Frizzle Fry
Over the Falls
Tragedy's a' Comin'
Jerry Was A Race Car Driver
Over the Electric Grapevine

Intermission - Popeye Cartoons (Genius! Me and my good buddy decided there and then that Popeye would be our new drinking cartoon!)

Set II
Jilly's on Smack
John the Fisherman (That riff...!!!!!!!)
Fisticuffs (Included a Beatles jam)
Southbound Pachyderm (Haunting live, some dickhead stole Les' hat so the band went on an extended jam while Les went to get another one)
Seas of Cheese
Mr. Krinkle
Eyes of the Squirrel
Last Salmon Man
Lee Van Cleef
Voodoo Child Jam
Harold of the Rocks

Encore:
My Name Is Mud (Highlight of the night for me, I bought Pork Soda when I was 15 after seeing the video for this, still one of my favorite songs by them)
Too Many Puppies

Really great show, the Royal Albert Hall is a classy venue as well! I would love to hear Poetry and Prose live someday but I doubt it will ever happen, but this was an amazing introduction to Primus live.

Also, got myself a plectrum after the show
Old 04-08-2012, 11:52 AM
with his arms outstretched

That is a great set. In the three times I saw Primus (albeit in the late 1990's) I never saw them perform Over the Electric Grapevine or Southbound Pachyderm, probably my two favorite songs by them. I can't say if I'll ever see them again but I'm glad they've worked them both into most of their current sets.

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2
Old 04-08-2012, 11:54 AM
N00B

Great setlist, sounds like you had a fun time! I saw Primus in 2010 and I can describe in four words: incredible musicianship, horrible acoustics. I wish they would have played Southbound Pachyderm at my show though.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

As others have said, Primus can't really do a bad set. Having stated that, this one is particularly awesome in my view. Also, you got a two-set show but didn't necessarily have to listen to the new album in full from front to back - not that it's a bad album, but when you know exactly what's coming for almost an hour it kinda detracts from the adventure, in my view. You still got to hear the best tracks from it, though - interspersed amongst all the other fan favorites.

Also, I've always been a somewhat casual fan of "Pachyderm" until I heard it live. Holy shit, is that a great song, and as has been said, I'm glad they are now playing it regularly these days. I've never heard "Grapevine" live, but I'd bet that one is awesome, too.

All that, and you got to hear "Fisticuffs" as well. I fucking love that song - especially live. Also, they did both "Krinkle" and "Mud" in the same night. That's tits. It seems they typically only do one or the other.

Good for you, mate. I'm glad you had such a fine introduction to Primus in the live sense.

Tags
primus