Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 04-02-2012, 10:30 PM
N00B

Paganfest -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 2nd, 2012

This is probably one of the funest shows I've been to in a while. Folk Metal live is just a great time for all, and perfect music to drink to!!!

The first band was Protokult. They were pretty cool. Definitely a great opener for this show. That got the crowd good and ready for the main bands.

Next was Huntress. To me personally they were just okay. Didn't really grab my attension all that much and I don't think they really fit in with the rest of the bands. But I give credit to where its due.

Next was Arkona. Have heard a lot about them, but never really sat down and listened to them. But they honestly blew me away!!! That chick in the band (can't remember her name right now) is a great frontman for the band. The crowd was really digging them, and this is when things really started to pick up.

Next was Ex Deo. They were only playing the Montreal & Toronto shows of this tour. Again, I was blown away by them. Just the whole Roman theme they got going is really cool and very entertaining to watch.

Next was (the main reason for my attendance) Alestorm!!!! What can I say, they just know how to put on a show. Christopher Bowes stage pressence is great and he's always cracking jokes between songs. At one point they brought on stage with them, Rob Cranny. Anyone who lives in the Toronto area knows who Rob Cranny is. They were just great to watch and fun to sing along with.

Shipwrecked
Wenches & Mead
The Sunk'n Norweign
Nancy The Tavern Wench
Back Through Time
Keelhauled
Rumpelkombo
Midget Saw
Black Sails At Midnight
Rum

Last band of the night was Turisas. Again like Arkona, heard a lot about them but never really listened to them all that much. But once again, I was blown away. They put on a fantastic live show and the crowd really started to go crazy. They were just a lot of fun.

The March Of The Varangian Guard
Take The Day
To Holmgard & Beyond
The Dnieper Rapids
One More
The Great Escape
Rex Regi Rebellis
Hunting Pirates
Stand Up & Fight
------
Battle Metal
Rasputine
Old 04-02-2012, 11:23 PM
Rich Haagen Dazs farts

Great review. Hope I like Huntress more than you did. Can't wait for next Monday.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:45 PM
THIS IS LHHC!

Woo! Rasputin crept into Turisas' set. Now I'm definitely more excited for them.
8/15 Dr. Shrinker
8/16 KISS
8/23 Midnight ?
8/29 Sleep

Last edited by kalfitegrdan; 04-03-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:03 AM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

I'm not really into the folk thing, so this show was all about Huntress and Alestorm for me. Huntress were absolutely amazing. Jill Janus has to be one of the best live vocalists I've ever heard. There's no doubt that I'm buying their album when it comes out.

Alestorm were just as great as the last time I saw them, but I was pleasantly surprised to hear "Black Sails At Midnight", because the other Paganfest setlist on here didn't have them playing that song. I probably wouldn't see them again unless they're headlining, but their shows are always fun (even if I don't drink).

I caught most of Protokult, but I didn't really like it. Arkona was definitely very good at what they do, but like I said, it's not my thing. Ex Deo really impressed me with their imagery on stage. I'm going to look more into them. I left after Alestorm, so I didn't see Turisas, but I imagine they'd be the best band after Alestorm.

Also, the sound guy there really had no clue what he was doing. Up until Alestorm, that had to be one of the loudest concerts I've ever been to. The bass was so excessive during Ex Deo. For some reason, the sound was really good during Alestorm (either that, or I just couldn't hear as well :P)
10/10 - Amon Amarth/Sabaton
10/17 - Satan
10/18 - King Diamond
Old 04-03-2012, 06:26 AM
Your friends from Langley are back again...

Turisas is always so awesome live. I was pretty obliterated at the time but I'm pretty sure this is the same set from NYC, with the exception that the encore was Rasputin first (not on setlist but played due to loud chanting from fans) and then Battle Metal last.

The other thing is that they didn't play all of One More, which is sort of a bummer, but only a kind of weird stripped down version of the first verse and chorus. Always love Turisas live though.. they rocked it!
Old 04-03-2012, 06:58 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by passty View Post
Rumpelkombo
How did that song come across live??
Old 04-03-2012, 07:56 AM
N00B

Been waiting for Turisas to finally headline the US but I have to miss this. I can't really get into the new album and they're only playing 2 songs from The Varangian Way and both I've already heard live so I'm not too pissed about missing this tour now.

Next Paganfest they should get bands that have actually not toured the US before and not use bands that were already on Paganfest before.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:15 AM
N00B

Cool! We didn't get Rasputin...

Did the show start on time?

Attention was not grabbed by Huntress? Not ever her...*ahem* ...mountains...of talent? ;3
Old 04-03-2012, 04:27 PM
" Amps on Ten, Ears are Bleeding "

What was the old joke;

How did Mountain Dew get it's name?

The sweat between Dolly Parton's boobs.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:06 PM
WELCOME TO THE WEST COAST

Liking that Alestorm set! This is going to be a fucking awesome show!

Tags
alestorm, turisas