Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 04-06-2012, 05:37 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Dimmu Borgir -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 12th, 2010

Dimmu Borgir
Support: Enslaved, Blood Red Throne, Dawn of Ashes
Date: December 12th, 2010
Venue: the Sound Academy in Toronto, Ontario

I’ve been finding a lot of setlists from shows I’ve been to on the past so I decided to post them. Some of them are with the help of setlist.fm, but these aren’t just me ripping setlists and posting them (that would be too easy). These are all shows I’ve been to and have stories to tell.

I like Dimmu Borgir enough but the only reason I went to this show was to see Enslaved, even though I was pissed that they were stuck opening (again). It had been close to two years since the last time I saw them so I was due.
Dawn of Ashes was out first and they get a lot of crap from pretty much everyone. The costumes were pretty cheesy but I actually really enjoyed their music. I even bought their album and I have to say it’s a really good album. Look past the cheesy get-up and check it out. The crowd was more receptive to Blood Red Throne but I gotta say I thought they sucked. Musically they were cool enough but their singer was TERRIBLE. He sounded like he was doing the death metal voice that people do when they make fun of death metal voices. Just horrid. I don’t have sets from either band.

Enslaved were on next and the crowd was really into them. The combination of Axioma/Ethica Odini is one of the best concert openings you’ll ever see. And thankfully they still kept As Fire Swept Clean the Earth in their set. That was a huge surprise actually. I figured given such a short time-frame they’d play something else off the new album or another off Vertebra. At this point it was probably the best I saw them. But again I was really disappointed that they weren’t headlining, so I actually left after their set. It was a combination of just being so upset that such an awesome performance was cut short just as the band was getting really hot, and I wanted to go home and play the new Castlevania game.

Enslaved
(intro) Axioma
1. Ethica Odini
2. Raidho
3. Fusion of Sense and Earth
4. Ground
5. As Fire Swept Clean the Earth
6. Ruun
7. Isa

I sort of wish that I’d stuck around for Dimmu Borgir after reading the setlists on setlist.fm, it seemed pretty good. That, and my cousin told me after the fact that during one song the band screwed up large, actually stopped playing and just stood there on stage looking at one another as if to say “what do we do next”. Here’s there set anyway from setlist.fm. The only thing I can say is they should always have to play The Insight And The Catharsis (even if it's with a DAT tape doing ICS Vortex's parts) and Progenies of the Great Apocalypse should be the opener.

Dimmu Borgir
(Intro) Xibir 

1. Spellbound (By the Devil) 

2. The Chosen Legacy 

3. Kings of the Carnival Creation 

4. Dimmu Borgir 

5. Gateways 

6. The Sacrilegious Scorn 

7. Born Treacherous 

8. Sympozium 

9. The Blazing Monoliths of Defiance 

10. Vredesbyrd 

11. The Serpentine Offering 

12. Puritania 

13. Progenies of the Great Apocalypse 

14. Mourning Palace
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation

Last edited by adamclark52; 04-06-2012 at 05:39 PM.

Tags
blood red throne, dawn of ashes, dimmu borgir, enslaved