Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014
Helmet -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 11th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 03-27-2012, 10:30 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankthetank727 View Post
Does everyone really dislike Ulver's later material that much? Of course Bergtatt and those old ones are great but I love all the albums they have put out in the last 10 - 12 years. I think its quite admirable of them to be able to cover so many genres quite effectively and its neat that they have such a wide variety of music to listen to. I think a concert of any of their songs, old or new, would be well worth it.
I'm of the group who thinks their first three albums are fantastic. Their later ambient stuff I've tried to get into, I like ambient music, but I find that it's just not very good ambient music. They keyboards are great but Garm's vocals just don't fit. They'd be better as an instrumental band.
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation
Old 03-27-2012, 08:37 PM
"Without music, life would be a mistake" - Nietzsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I'm of the group who thinks their first three albums are fantastic. Their later ambient stuff I've tried to get into, I like ambient music, but I find that it's just not very good ambient music. They keyboards are great but Garm's vocals just don't fit. They'd be better as an instrumental band.
I've actually heard people say that about Garm's vox on the later stuff, which I can totally understand because it is strange. I guess that strangeness is partly why I like it so much. Personally, I've always loved his clean singing; something about it to me is really appealing. And I've come to embrace all their albums, old and new because they are ambitious and adventurous no matter what the genre is. It's just cool to see, I guess.

It would be interesting to hear some more full on instrumental albums, though.

By the way, that was not meant to wreck your opinion. I was just responding as politely as I could

Tags
ulver