The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 03-17-2012, 11:46 PM
WELCOME TO THE WEST COAST

Iced Earth -- Joliet, IL -- March 17th, 2012

Brief review: Warbringer slowed down a lot of their stuff... don't know why, maybe they're tired from touring (this was the last show of the tour) but it didn't sound good... At least they still had their awesome energy they always bring when playing live.

Iced Earth were LOUD but awesome at the same time. The crowd was awesome and Stu said a bunch of times that he loved us and that we were all a great crowd. They also must love Chappelle's show, seeing as how Stu and Jon said "FUCK YO COUCH" repeatedly.

Also, Warbringer and Iced Earth kept pulling jokes and pranks on each other when they were playing. During Warbringer's set, the drummer of Iced Earth ran around on stage wearing nothing but a mask and a speedo, as well as Warbringer getting toilet papered near the end! And during Damien, the guys of Warbringer came out wearing cloaks and holding crosses running around on stage! During Iced Earth (the song) Warbringer came out again with their banner and had "FUCK YO COUCH" written in duct tape on the back! They wrapped it over Jon and Stu as well.

Overall, the show was fun and great. I'm so happy I finally got to see Iced Earth!

Warbringer:

Living Weapon
Severed Reality
Shoot to Kill
Jackal
Future Ages Gone
Treacherous Tongue
Demonic Ecstasy
Total War
Living In a Whirlwind
Combat Shock

Iced Earth:

Dystopia
Angels Holocaust
Slave to the Dark
V
Stand Alone
When the Night Falls
Dark City
Damien
Anthem
Declaration Day
Days of Rage
Watching Over Me
Dante's Inferno
Iced Earth
---
Burning Times

Last edited by GarageMetal468; 03-18-2012 at 06:42 AM.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:25 AM
Concert Veteran

Iced Earth must not of liked our crowd too much on wednesday because we were the only show on this short headline run that didn't get Burning Times

Did they not play Slave To The Dark or did you forget to put it in?
Old 03-18-2012, 06:42 AM
WELCOME TO THE WEST COAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Iced Earth must not of liked our crowd too much on wednesday because we were the only show on this short headline run that didn't get Burning Times

Did they not play Slave To The Dark or did you forget to put it in?
Shit, yeah I forgot about that. Thanks
Old 03-18-2012, 09:36 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

That's awesome that they played jokes on each other the entire time. Shows they were really having alot of fun.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:38 PM
N00B

I was at this show too - very good show - my first for Iced Earth. Stu's vocals were impressive, and so was Jon's guitar playing. The lead guitar sound was not very good, and hard to hear at time, but I guess when you go to an Iced Earth show, you really aren't there for lead guitar playing anyway.
Second time I have been at this venue, and it was very hot in there, but it was great to see the crowd that Iced Earth pulled in. I hope that brings them back to Joliet at some point.
Merch was reasonably priced I thought, just not much of a selection - I guess that could be because it is the last show in the U.S. I got a long sleeve t-shirt for less than many big named bands charge for a regular shirt - so they have the shirts priced where they should be ($25 for short sleeve and $35 for long sleeve).
Old 03-18-2012, 04:28 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSlave71 View Post
The lead guitar sound was not very good, and hard to hear at time, but I guess when you go to an Iced Earth show, you really aren't there for lead guitar playing anyway.
I've seen Iced Earth 3 times now and this has been an issue every single time - I actually think Troy's tone is pretty solid, but he's never all that loud, the tone just has no punch to it - I chalk to it up to him playing a Strat-style guitar (Suhr, I believe) and John playing almost all Les Pauls.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:08 PM
N00B

This was my first Iced Earth show and I was very impressed by Stu's vocals. I listened to Into Eternity before but didn't give them a real shot. I will definititely be revisiting their stuff.

I actually went to the show to see Ghost in the Ruins, a Chicago Savatage tribute band. I saw them open for Sanctuary and really liked them and wanted to check them out again. They fill a nice void for me as a big Savatage fan with no Savatage to see these days. It was a bummer that they went on first as the lines were very long to get in and incredibly slow. I missed their first song but enjoyed the set and I'm glad they got me in the door because it was fun seeing Warbringer again and I am now much more open to Iced Earth than I was in the past and would see them again.

Here are a few pictures and the Ghost in the Ruins setlist. I was very glad they had Believe in the set and they did it justice. Sadly, the set was cut short and we did not get Sirens but still a good show. I look forward to a longer set in the future.

Last edited by dimmudan; 03-18-2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: forgot pictures
Old 03-18-2012, 05:19 PM
THIS IS LHHC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSlave71 View Post
Merch was reasonably priced I thought, just not much of a selection - I guess that could be because it is the last show in the U.S. I got a long sleeve t-shirt for less than many big named bands charge for a regular shirt - so they have the shirts priced where they should be ($25 for short sleeve and $35 for long sleeve).
I understand that Iced Earth is a bigger band, but I will not buy a shirt from anyone that is over $20.

Altogether this was an awesome show though. For not playing that many songs that I really wanted to hear, Iced Earth was really, really good.
9/6 Weekend Nachos
9/12 Sete Star Sept
9/19 Despise You
9/20 Revocation
Old 03-18-2012, 05:23 PM
In Search of Truth

$25 to me, for a shirt at a show, is not unreasonable at all - that's basically what I expect. However, if anyone is charging more than $25, the odds of me buying a shirt are basically nothing.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:23 PM
N00B

A couple more pictures

Tags
ghost in the ruins, iced earth, warbringer