Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Death Angel -- San Francisco, CA -- December 27th, 2014
Protest the Hero -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 27th, 2014
Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014

Old 06-20-2012, 05:12 AM
Banned Asshole

smaller venues would bring down the overall cost for sure, but probably still not enough to make up for the lack of sales and warrant the travel costs to those dates. says right in the statement they could add more shows if possible, so i would hope that not only do these shows get rescheduled in more appropriate venues, but that any added dates are concentrated to the south to lower travel expenses.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:06 PM
N00B

Well this is interesting...

https://www.facebook.com/DeathOfficial

https://www.facebook.com/DeathToAllTour

Quote:
TO ALL DTA VIP TICKET HOLDERS: unfortunately, talks have broken down between us and the two Sick Drummer guys who organized the tour, and it doesn't look like there shall be a CD. There was never going to be an LP - that was a mistake in the first place - but the CD has been an issue that remained up in the air, barely getting off the drawing board. Now it looks like they can't fulfill that commitment to all of you. So what should y'all do? If you feel a partial refund is in order, I would encourage you to write to them at ian@sickdrummermagazine.com to work it out. ERIC
Quote:
Death (Official) I know what you mean - we all had a great experience. The trouble is whether or not your $200 actually went to a 'cause'...know what I mean? E
Quote:
Death (Official) Everything about the entire tour is bound to come out, sooner or later. For now I am doing my best to keep my lips closed - it is fucking very difficult for me...I want so badly to tell all...a story to tell. The events themselves were great - but that was down to the coolness of all the musicians & the vibe coming from the songs they were playing. E
Old 09-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Metal-Setlistcore

So in short, it was a scam
Old 09-08-2012, 10:56 AM
Altars of Radness

http://gunshyassassin.com/news/exclu...o-all-turmoil/

"On September 3, Gun Shy Assassin was the only site to report about the mounting tensions between the Death camp and the organizers of the Death To All Tour.

In short, Greif was booted as an administrator for the tour’s Facebook page, after trying to respond to complaints from several fans wondering when their various VIP merch orders would be filled.

Since our report, we’ve heard a number of unconfirmed rumors about musicians on the tour not getting paid, and that refunds for cancelled shows have not been provided to ticket holders.

Yesterday, Greif confirmed exclusively to GSA that, indeed, there have been some “very horrific matters” that have come to light recently regarding the Death To All Tour, and that numerous promises were not kept.

From what we understand, Sick Drummer Magazine — the organizers of the tour — is responsible for all of the turmoil.

Greif promised yesterday that he will be going on the record exclusively with Gun Shy Assassin in the very near future to discuss the situation, and provide full details of Sick Drummer magazine’s involvement.

Stay tuned for more details.

On September 3, we reported that Greif took to Facebook, writing, “Hmmm… I have been removed as an admin for the DEATH TO ALL Facebook page. Perhaps because I have mentioned on there that folks should write to the two Sick Drummer Magazine guys (who organized the tour) for refunds or to inquire about merch? This leads me to some interesting observations…”

We will be keeping you posted on Facebook, too. Follow us."
Old 09-08-2012, 12:55 PM
One who onions things

This really is a shame, the show itself was probably one of my favorite concerts ever. This is one of the few times when I think a lawsuit would actually be a good idea if the winnings would be donated to Sweet Relief.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 09-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Metal-Setlistcore

Hopefully Sick Drummer tanks as a result of this
Old 09-08-2012, 02:11 PM
...the dead are among us!

That sucks. I was able to get a refund from Ticketmaster for my Dallas ticket.
2/8 - Aesop Rock ?
Old 09-11-2012, 05:34 PM
N00B

Kelly Shaefer posted on Facebook 2 hours ago that he still hasn't been paid so fuck only knows what the deal is. Hopefully everything gets taken care of for everyone involved.

Sick Drummers statement.

Quote:
We can assure you that everyone on the tour has received full or partial payment and we have entered into individual agreements to resolve all payments remaining. As far as Sweet Relief is concerned, they will receive the full amount that was originally pledged, based on the agreement we have in place with them. We are the only ones to walk away from this tour making nothing and that's fine with us. We lost money on the tour and to imply otherwise is simply false.
http://www.sickdrummermagazine.com/i...-all-tour.html
Old 09-11-2012, 07:31 PM
It's fun to take a trip. Put acid in your veins.

From the Death (Official) Facebook page:

Quote:
OK - I guess I shall now do a press release of my own on what actually happened with Sick Drummer Magazine and the DEATH TO ALL Tour (tomorrow). Stuff like the fact they never gave the charity Sweet Relief ONE PENNY, despite claiming that 20% of ticket sales & merch would go straight to Sweet Relief - they owe close to $30K and think a promise to pay somehow puts them in the clear! Or that they gave a bit of cash to the musicians and then handed them all bouncing checks in Orlando. Or that they never paid a nickel to us (the Schuldiners). Or that they haven't given ten cents to the booking agency. Oh, and they owe the crew money, too. They refused to relinquish their 'claim' on the name DEATH TO ALL. How mega pathetic - and all in Chuck's name. This has been an awful time. ERIC
10/28 - Mike Watt
10/29 - Melvins
11/7 - 7 Seconds
Old 09-12-2012, 09:15 AM
Metal-Setlistcore

Now, here’s Greif’s full response:

“It is with profound regret that I must clarify the reality of the Death To All Tour, now that rumors are in full swing and Sick Drummer Magazine has issued a statement at their zine. First, I must thank the musicians and crew for making this such a wondrous experience for the fans. The Schuldiners & I were tremendously proud of how much Chuck’s spirit was captured by these nine seasoned pros on stage. What events these five shows were! So it should be clear that, on the surface, Death To All was an awesome experience for me as a fan, as the former manager of Death, and as the person legally entrusted with guarding Chuck’s legacy.

“I was approached by Anton Hefele of Grind Percussion LLC (who go by the business name Sick Drummer Magazine) with the enticing premise of he & his partner Ian Macdonald organizing such an historic tour, and I was asked to designate the charity of our choice. The Schuldiners & I endorse Sweet Relief (sweetrelief.org), so that was simple. I was assured by others whom I trusted that Sick Drummer was a legit organization and could pull the tour off. In fact, they themselves stated clearly that they had all contingencies sorted out to handle any & all tour outcomes, like any legit folks in the metal music business would. They guaranteed musician & crew salaries, worked the gig bookings out with The Pantheon Agency, and after some wrangling did a licensing contract with us at Perseverance Holdings Ltd. that would see compensation going to the Schuldiner family for the use of Chuck’s songs & the prestige of the Death name & logo. The biggest commitment they made, however, was that 20% of every ticket and merch item sold would go straight to Sweet Relief. This was the crux of why we’d allow this tour to happen under Chuck’s name.

“I trusted in these two guys from Sick Drummer Magazine. So did Jane Schuldiner, Beth Schuldiner and Chris Steele. So did the musicians. So did the Death fans. After rocky negotiations produced an 11th hour contract, including their cancelling of shows in Atlanta and Dallas (that they had added after the first five), we still gave them the benefit of the doubt. I was on the entire tour and witnessed first hand the organizational confusion and the financial incompetence, as did every musician. Clearly I knew there was no way they would be able to afford all of what they were obligated to pay, even despite sold out venues and purchased merch flying out the door. The sharp pain of worry in my gut was only eased by the thought that they had promised they could handle any outcome. I was wrong.

“I discovered within a month of the tour finishing that each musician, beyond a bit of cash given during the five dates, was handed a worthless check in Orlando, signifying most of their pay. I found that the same applied to the crew. Perseverance Holdings Ltd. was unpaid. The booking agency was unpaid. Worst of all: Sweet Relief didn’t get a single penny of the supposed ‘20% off the top’ that Sick Drummer had been touting.

“I had to break the news to the Schuldiners of the diabolical circumstances, and they were crushed. Still, I tried to keep this from the public. I went back & forth with Ian Macdonald who seemed to throw his hands in the air in a mea culpa of ‘we didn’t mean it, dude — we’re just shitty businessmen.’ All told, I reckon they currently owe around $100,000 to everyone, including the charity.

“Fans also started writing to us en masse to complain about missing merch and costly VIP tickets never refunded. When I started writing on the Death To All Facebook page that they should press Sick Drummer for refunds, I was suddenly removed from the page as an admin. Yes indeed Sick Drummer cobbled together promissory notes to give to everyone, whilst at the same time pleading with the musicians not to take any legal action. They even agreed that they’d never again undertake anything related to Chuck or Death…but, for whatever reason, they refused to relinquish a claim to the tour name ‘Death To All,’ which added insult to injury. But by then I was just numb.

“I want to apologize to everyone for having to write such a detailed statement so that the rumors can be put to rest. Some of you might say that none of this matters because the shows were cool and you had a killer time. But promises made are promises meant to be kept, especially contractual ones. Chuck’s name was used. The charity was meant to receive immediate cash. I have never insinuated that either Anton or Ian are crooks, but the truth of the matter is that my trust in these two guys has let a lot of folks down, and for that I am full of regret. We would like to see Death To All happen again, perhaps in different parts of the world, and next time this kind of financial fiasco will not happen on my watch.”