Atlanta postponed.
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 06-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Metal-Setlistcore

yes, "postponed"
Old 06-19-2012, 07:38 AM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
It is with regret that we have to postpone the Atlanta and Dallas dates for Death To All 2012, but there is a good side. Many things have led us to this point including very low ticket sales, issues with opening bands being available and several other factors. We are very sorry to all of the Death fans this has caused an inconvenience and wish things could have been different. We did everything in our power to avoid this situation, but in the end the choice had to be made. The good news is that we are working to re-schedule these dates for early next year, and if possible, add more dates surrounding them in new cities! Please hold on to your tickets, as they will be honored.
http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/06/19...postponed-too/
Old 06-19-2012, 07:51 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by detuned View Post
That is quite a large gap for a postponed show.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:37 AM
Banned Asshole

i reckon they need a fair amount of time to sync so many peoples availability again
Old 06-19-2012, 05:58 PM
Žķestru

Sorry, but this is fucking stupid. There are still two weeks before these shows, and they're jumping the gun like this? I hadn't bought my ticket yet, but I was certainly going to go to the Atlanta show. I'm sure a lot of other people were in the same boat. I mean, not everyone buys tickets to concerts as soon as they're announced.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Banned Asshole

its not stupid at all. a tour like this surely costs a lot of money to mount (flying in all the participants, and then maybe flying to the shows themselves? hard to say with the spacing of the remaining dates), and if the ticket sales arent anywhere near enough to just even cover costs, then its stupid to go through with it and just hope that walkup sales the night of dwarfs advance sales. which doesnt really happen.

Last edited by detuned; 06-19-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:30 PM
It's fun to take a trip. Put acid in your veins.

Quote:
“It is with regret that we have to postpone the Atlanta and Dallas dates for Death To All 2012, but there is a good side. Many things have led us to this point including very low ticket sales, issues with opening bands being available and several other factors. We are very sorry to all of the Death fans this has caused an inconvenience and wish things could have been different. We did everything in our power to avoid this situation, but in the end the choice had to be made. The good news is that we are working to re-schedule these dates for early next year, and if possible, add more dates surrounding them in new cities! Please hold on to your tickets, as they will be honored.”
...Wow.

I'm actually really fucking glad this happened, since I wasn't going to get any money for a ticket or a ride in time for July 3rd.

Sucks that this happened, of course, but hey, now I don't have to choose between this and Dream Theater.
7/1 - Cannibal Corpse
7/15 - Motley Crue?
7/26 - Summer Slaughter
Old 06-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Žķestru

Quote:
its not stupid at all. a tour like this surely costs a lot of money to mount (flying in all the participants, and then maybe flying to the shows themselves? hard to say with the spacing of the remaining dates), and if the ticket sales arent anywhere near enough to just even cover costs, then its stupid to go through with it and just hope that walkup sales the night of dwarfs advance sales. which doesnt really happen.
Yeah, I guess you're right. I'm just disappointed as hell by this. It's cool if they reschedule it for next year, but I don't know where I'll be by then, so I was hoping this wouldn't fall through. Oh well... still have Maiden this weekend!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Altars of Radness

I'm surprised they weren't able to move the shows to smaller venues. Two weeks is short notice, but there really weren't any places around that could book the shows? It just seems weird to have two dates rescheduled for a half a year away when it's a special tour like this. They might as well turn it into a second leg with a few more dates, or maybe bring it to Europe.