Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Carcass -- Silver Spring, MD -- April 13th, 2014
Destruction -- Montreal, Quebec -- April 14th, 2014
Ghoul -- Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014
Satan -- Philadelphia, PA -- April 14th, 2014
Dave Mustaine with San Diego Symphony -- San Diego, CA -- April 12th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 03-07-2012, 01:02 PM
orlandodavis's Avatar
orlandodavis orlandodavis is offline
Rich Haagen Dazs farts
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: madison ms
Posts: 303
Solstice: New Dark Age



A band that is inactive as of now. Found this while looking for Solstice(FL) on Youtube. Its genre is called epic doom metal. I also think it mixes progressive and folk metal also. Vocals are clean but unique and never cheesy sounding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd1Pg3evsMw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zt2s...eature=related
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandodavis View Post
Solstice: New Dark Age



A band that is inactive as of now. Found this while looking for Solstice(FL) on Youtube. Its genre is called epic doom metal. I also think it mixes progressive and folk metal also. Vocals are clean but unique and never cheesy sounding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd1Pg3evsMw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zt2s...eature=related
They played Dublin last year and are playing again this September, not as inactive as you might think! Great band all the same!
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-11-2012, 09:03 PM
orlandodavis's Avatar
orlandodavis orlandodavis is offline
Rich Haagen Dazs farts
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: madison ms
Posts: 303


Suffocation on crack. Thought Decrepit Birth (first album) was the best Suffocation clone. Really well written songs and amazing technicality. The intros (intros are usually annoying to me) only make this album sound more demented.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG-bPxjwZHA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANqGZDmUdaM
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-11-2012, 09:13 PM
orlandodavis's Avatar
orlandodavis orlandodavis is offline
Rich Haagen Dazs farts
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: madison ms
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventhzealot View Post
Didn't expect anyone to put this on any kind of list at all But hey this band slays live so you're my friend now
Yeah they were imho the best band at the Pestilence headlining show. That's where I got the album. It's not perfect but I just keep popping it into back into my cd player.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-11-2012, 09:15 PM
orlandodavis's Avatar
orlandodavis orlandodavis is offline
Rich Haagen Dazs farts
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: madison ms
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
They played Dublin last year and are playing again this September, not as inactive as you might think! Great band all the same!
Oops. Couldn't find a facebook page for them. So I just ASSumed.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-11-2012, 11:43 PM
orlandodavis's Avatar
orlandodavis orlandodavis is offline
Rich Haagen Dazs farts
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: madison ms
Posts: 303


The early grunge fad in the early 90s made Soundgarden famous. But this is not grunge. It is progressive metal/rock and this is my favorite album of theirs. Why? Fuck if I know. Maybe because it seems to change moods constantly from semi heavy (Pretty Noose) to fun(Never Named) to somber (Applebite). Anyway, someone uploaded the whole thing to youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm-nhoFia68
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-17-2012, 02:32 PM
orlandodavis's Avatar
orlandodavis orlandodavis is offline
Rich Haagen Dazs farts
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: madison ms
Posts: 303



A well structured, blazing technical death metal album. Check out dat bass in Fate's Descent. Also the closing song (besides the outro) is one of my favorites ever. Dead Man's Diary.. This song is a mix of tech-death, old school death, and there is some funk to it also.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-17-2012, 02:46 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 20,488
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandodavis View Post



A well structured, blazing technical death metal album. Check out dat bass in Fate's Descent. Also the closing song (besides the outro) is one of my favorites ever. Dead Man's Diary.. This song is a mix of tech-death, old school death, and there is some funk to it also.
__________________
04/16 - Ringworm
04/19 - Trog
04/22 - Ghost
04/24 - Iron Reagan
05/13 - SLAYER
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-25-2012, 07:43 PM
orlandodavis's Avatar
orlandodavis orlandodavis is offline
Rich Haagen Dazs farts
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: madison ms
Posts: 303
Akercocke: Words That Go Unspoken, Deeds That Go Undone



Akercocke thought RUSH wasn't Satanic enough so they decided to blend that sound with beautiful, brutal, evil death metal. Forget the stupid video they made and listen to this classic.

Shelter From the Sand

Verdelet
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-25-2012, 09:26 PM
hellawaits77ny's Avatar
hellawaits77ny hellawaits77ny is offline
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 3,640
Blog Entries: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandodavis View Post


The early grunge fad in the early 90s made Soundgarden famous. But this is not grunge. It is progressive metal/rock and this is my favorite album of theirs. Why? Fuck if I know. Maybe because it seems to change moods constantly from semi heavy (Pretty Noose) to fun(Never Named) to somber (Applebite). Anyway, someone uploaded the whole thing to youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm-nhoFia68
Fuckin great album.
__________________
youtube.com/user/hellawaits77NY

03/08-Suffocation (?)
04/04-Kataklysm, Aborted (?)
04/05-Biohazard, Sworn Enemy (?)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:46 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008