Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

DragonForce -- Aberdeen, Scotland - September 18th, 2014
Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat > Sports

Old 03-03-2012, 10:03 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Lift heavy, run fast. Well, till I fucked up my knee in November at the Terror show. Just started my physical therapy.

Looking to break my Bench Press PR of 315x11 by June.

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 03-04-2012, 06:21 AM
not the mama

I've been working out almost every single day since I started college and I managed to gain 20lbs of muscle (140lbs to160lbs) in 6 months. During the first few months I only would run a couple of miles and that just helped me trim the little fat I had. In the past 2 months I've began some serious weight lifting and ab routines. I take GNC wheybolic protein which really helps me pump up. My routine is pretty sloppy though since I'm not really consistent with balancing out what I'm focusing on, but I'm learning.

I also have given up greasy food completely except for the traditional White Castle after every concert when I'm home.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Banned Asshole

I work out daily. Minimum of two hours. High protein diet, no sweets whatsoever. Only thing I drink is water, with the exception of alcohol, once a week at most. At the gym I start with 20-30 minutes of cardio, then lift weights for the remainder of the time. Upper body one day, lower body the next day. I also do Judo twice a week. Plus red light therapy with a vibration pad on intense, three days a week.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
I first started working out about 9 months ago. I've lost about 25 pounds since then (went from 210 to 185). I don't follow a strict diet, I don't eat too great overall but I never eat fast food. During the summer I went to the gym almost every day but once the school year started it became more complicated and i'm often tired so these days I only make it about twice a week. I check my BMI recently and i'm considered average weight but I still feel like I should lose more. I also want to gain more muscle and I do lift weights whenever I go to the gym but i'm not making it my main focus til I feel like I've completely achieved my weight loss goals.
I would suggest focusing on building more muscle. Muscle is metabolic, so the more you put on, the more calories you burn at a resting rate. Since you've already gotten yourself down to a healthy wieght for your height, muscle building would be the better path for you rather than more cardio.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:58 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by street_burial View Post
I do p90x twice a week...
Dude, you're doing it wrong.

Just bustin' your chops a little, but as I'm sure you already know, the workouts are synergistic and they work best when done all together, and in the prescribed order. I'm guilty of breaking these rules myself, as I am a major P90X advocate, but due to time constraints, I can rarely do all six workouts in a given week. In fact, if I'm honest, I'm almost in the same boat as you are. The two workouts I never miss are the two upper body ones. I also rarely miss my weekly yoga routine, though I don't do the P90X version because it really isn't yoga per se. More on that subject in a separate post (later).

Thanks for creating this thread, though...seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by street_burial View Post
you can always try and torrent them or search around youtube.
Torrents are how I did it the first time I tried it. YouTube will not work, because you really need the written stuff as well as the workouts...the diet program is an essential part of P90X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredFlame View Post
I take GNC wheybolic protein which really helps me pump up.
Me too. Great stuff, that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
Looking to break my Bench Press PR of 315x11 by June.
Dude - that is fucking beastly. I have been lifting for twenty-five years, give or take, and often I'm one of the biggest guys in the club, and I've never been able to do that. The closest I came was when I was in college...I could do 315 for about 8-10 reps on the Smith machine while lying on a decline bench (I hurt my shoulder years ago, and decline is much more comfortable for me than flat bench).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magson13 View Post
I would suggest focusing on building more muscle. Muscle is metabolic, so the more you put on, the more calories you burn at a resting rate. Since you've already gotten yourself down to a healthy wieght for your height, muscle building would be the better path for you rather than more cardio.
As much as I've never been very inclined to agree with Magson's posts (just being honest ), he is actually spot on here. I always tell people I know to think about adding muscle in the same way as increasing the capacity of a factory (which is what your body is). Building muscle increases the uptake of nutrients such as proteins and carbs, and so increases overall metabolism.

Last edited by Natrlhi; 03-05-2012 at 09:00 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

I worked up a sweat walking up some stairs so I rewarded myself with some pizza. Fitness!
09/22 - RA/TA/Radkey ?
09/23 - Crowbar
Old 03-05-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
I worked up a sweat walking up some stairs so I rewarded myself with some pizza. Fitness!
It's a good thing you have a decent brain, a goofy sense of humor and a little extra self-confidence, cuz otherwise the chicks would be blowing you off hard.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:05 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
It's a good thing you have a decent brain, a goofy sense of humor and a little extra self-confidence, cuz otherwise the chicks would be blowing you off hard.
They already blow me off hard IFYAKNOWUTIMEEN
09/22 - RA/TA/Radkey ?
09/23 - Crowbar
Old 03-05-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
They already blow me off hard IFYAKNOWUTIMEEN
Yeah I thought about that after I clicked "submit". That one was way too easy.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:20 AM
...So let the children come to me, their mother loves me so shall they...

That one didn't go exactly to plan.

Anyway I took this weekend off as I was still feeling the effects of the leg workout from Friday. Have a six day gym week coming up now, good stuff