Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Neurosis -- Tucson, AZ -- October 18, 2014
The Empty Hearts -- Cranston, RI -- October 19th, 2014
King Diamond -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 18th, 2014
Satan -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 17th, 2014
Deicide -- Kansas City, MO -- October 17th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-02-2012, 10:29 PM
maidenpriest's Avatar
maidenpriest maidenpriest is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,647
To all people living in England

I was really wanting to move out to England in the next couple years for numerous reasons. Particularly because I'm a history major, I love English history and I just really want to live in Europe. So my main question is what are prices like? Like rent, transportation costs, groceries, etc. I looked online but I'm getting a lot of different prices and don't know what to trust, so I figured I would ask some people on here. Any input would be great! Thanks
__________________
10/18 - Mastodon/Gojira
5/2/14 - Nightwish
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-02-2012, 10:43 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is online now
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 22,016
Blog Entries: 19
they use some weird currency of weight over there. like, a carton of milk is like...6 pounds, 5 ounces.
__________________
10/17 - Deicide
10/18 - Hammerween V
10/21 - Judas Priest
10/22 - Mastodong
10/27 - DJ Qbert
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Seventhzealot's Avatar
Seventhzealot Seventhzealot is offline
...So let the children come to me, their mother loves me so shall they...
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 1,771
inb4 ravenheart being sarcastic and shit
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-03-2012, 10:14 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenpriest View Post
I was really wanting to move out to England in the next couple years for numerous reasons. Particularly because I'm a history major, I love English history and I just really want to live in Europe. So my main question is what are prices like? Like rent, transportation costs, groceries, etc. I looked online but I'm getting a lot of different prices and don't know what to trust, so I figured I would ask some people on here. Any input would be great! Thanks
100% dependent on where in England you want to live.

Live in the North, rent is cheap. Live in London, rent is unaffordable.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

29/10 Saint Vitus
10/11 Trouble
13/11 Judas Priest
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-03-2012, 10:15 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
they use some weird currency of weight over there. like, a carton of milk is like...6 pounds, 5 ounces.
No, a carton of milk is a pint... who the hell weighs milk?
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

29/10 Saint Vitus
10/11 Trouble
13/11 Judas Priest
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-03-2012, 10:21 AM
treghet's Avatar
treghet treghet is offline
Altars of Radness
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
they use some weird currency of weight over there. like, a carton of milk is like...6 pounds, 5 ounces.
__________________
10.23 Raven
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-03-2012, 10:27 AM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is online now
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 22,016
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
No, a carton of milk is a pint... who the hell weighs milk?
LODSA MUNNY

DOSH
__________________
10/17 - Deicide
10/18 - Hammerween V
10/21 - Judas Priest
10/22 - Mastodong
10/27 - DJ Qbert
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-03-2012, 01:18 PM
maidenpriest's Avatar
maidenpriest maidenpriest is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
100% dependent on where in England you want to live.

Live in the North, rent is cheap. Live in London, rent is unaffordable.
I was looking into living in London metro somewhere. Doesn't have to be the actual city, but around there.
__________________
10/18 - Mastodon/Gojira
5/2/14 - Nightwish
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-03-2012, 04:27 PM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenpriest View Post
I was looking into living in London metro somewhere. Doesn't have to be the actual city, but around there.
Yeah... it's all expensive. I live outside the Underground zones for a reason...

What kind of place are you expecting to have?
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

29/10 Saint Vitus
10/11 Trouble
13/11 Judas Priest
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-03-2012, 06:37 PM
maidenpriest's Avatar
maidenpriest maidenpriest is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,647
I was just going to want a 1 bedroom flat. Thats all I would need. Maybe even a studio.
__________________
10/18 - Mastodon/Gojira
5/2/14 - Nightwish
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:28 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008