Deep Purple -- Orlando, FL -- August 30th, 2014
Dropdead -- Scottsdale, AZ -- August 30th, 2014
Chevelle -- Wallingford, CT -- August 30th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 02-26-2012, 03:39 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Korn -- Chicago, IL -- February 24th, 2012

Korn -- Chicago, IL -- Feb. 24th, 2012

First off this was by far the coldest I've ever been before a show. Idecided to arrive at the venue about 1 hour and 30 minutes early to pick up my ticket and get in line early. It was snowing outside and freezing and I decided to wear just a long sleeve plaid shirt and jeans. By the time I finally got in I was so cold I had lost all feeling in my hands, feet, and face. It was funny trying to talk to everyone in line since everyone was so cold their mouth wouldn't move correctly. Now the two opening bands didn't really have a setlist since they were just DJ's.

Around 6:30 doors were opened and I managed to get about 20 feet from the stage in the center. Stood around for another hour or and around 7:30 J Devil (aka Jonathon Davis) came out and did his DJ act. Now he was really good in getting the crowd pumped up and he had tons of energy while doing it. He was constantly running around the stage and jumping around. He was really just having a good time. The light show was also great for him and they have screens behind him projecting random things the entire show for all bands. Now he only played for like 20 minutes until around 7: 50 or so.

Next up was Kill The Noise, another DJ who did some songs on Korn's latest album. He came out just randomly with no intro, introduced himself, and started. Now he was good and all but it's really hard to wanna dance to dubstep or anything when it's nothing but guys around you. It did sound great though and dubstep live is awesome and really heavy. I remember he did a remix of Five Finger Death Punch's "Under And Over It" which was pretty decent. Live though he has little to no energy since he didn't leave his table on stage the entire show. Also the light show for him was pretty horrible compared to J Devil. Around 3/4th's through his show though you could tell people were ready for him to get off so Korn could play. He was good and all but he seemed to play for around 45 minutes and it all started sounding alike.

At 9:30 though Korn came on and the place exploded. The nearly packed house just turned into everyone jumping, screaming every word, and the pits were going crazy. I was in the pit 15 feet from the stage for the majority of the show and it was great. Just tons of people running around going crazy. Korn was spot on and Fieldy is insanely buff now. Also JD is really skinny.

Set :

Predictable
Lies
No Place to Hide
Helmet in the Bush
Narcissistic Cannibal
Chaos Lives in Everything
My Wall
Get Up!
Way Too Far
Here to Stay
Freak on a Leash
Falling Away From Me
Another Brick in the Wall
(Pink Floyd cover)
Encore:
Shoots and Ladders / One
Got the Life
Blind

The new material was great live and really if you didn't know it was dubstep infused, it really just sounds like normal Korn. JD sounded amazing and their drummer was really going at it. Also his kit is insanely big and almost monster like. Freak On A Leash was of course amazing to hear live as was JD walking on stage playing bagpipes as the opener of the encore for Shoots And Ladders.

When they did the part of "One" the crowd just lost it but really the second they played the first chord of "Blind" the entire place just went over the top insane. After the show everyone from the band came back out to throw drum sticks, picks, all that. Also JD seemed really happy to have everyone there and he gave a speech thanking us and saying how happy he was to be doing this and how we are the greatest for supporting Korn through the years. It really boiled down to him saying how happy he was to be playing for us and he wished everyone a good night, good weekend, and a safe trip home which I thought was nice.

Overall the show was crazy and well worth the frostbite and cold trip in line and back home. For anyone wondering Korn played from 9:30 to like 11:05.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:26 PM
Bohab

was an amazing show. it was my 16th time seeing korn and hearing predictable, lies, helmet in the bush and no place to hide live for the first time was like the best night ever. They are my all time favorite band and yeah the guy above me was right there dubstep shit sounded spot on and was amazing. wouldnt really of know it was dubstep. very very very good show
Old 02-26-2012, 04:33 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Yeah man, I remember waiting my ass off in the cold when I saw Deadmau5 there last year. Awesome show.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:37 PM

Yea for the new dubstep korn songs, I'm pretty sure they had some running through the keyboardist while most of it was done through the guitar and bass.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Yeah man, I remember waiting my ass off in the cold when I saw Deadmau5 there last year. Awesome show.
Deadmua5 played Aragon, not Congress if I'm correct.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:04 PM
N00B

wow, predictable and lies? That's pretty rare.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:44 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Deadmua5 played Aragon, not Congress if I'm correct.
Ah, I mean in 2010. 2010 he sold out two days at the congress, and I was first exposed to this little known artist playing called "Skrillex" opening up. 2011 he went two days at the Aragon, but by the time I found out it was already sold out. Helluva show in 2010, though.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:45 PM

I've always wanted to see him. J Devil was awesome and he always plays tiny clubs around here every few months so next time he's around I'll tell and maybe we'll go.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerkz View Post
wow, predictable and lies? That's pretty rare.
Their setlist is broken into parts almost.

Oldies & Rares

Dubstep stuff

The Hits

Encore
Old 02-26-2012, 07:50 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Their setlist is broken into parts almost.

Oldies & Rares

Dubstep stuff

The Hits

Encore
Yes, that's what their small tour in November was like as well.

Not a bad setlist. Sweet to see Lies and Helmet In the Bush. Fuckin bummed I'm missing these guys again. Hopefully they play the Northeast sometime soon.

Very cool review!! Fieldy is "insanely buff"? Yeah......I doubt that.

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)

Tags
korn