Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014
Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 02-20-2012, 04:16 PM
Metalhead.

Man, these setlists destroy. Their new live show incorporates barely anything from their best era.

First time I saw them was in '04 for the STYE tour in Australia, we at least got Episode 666, Food for the Gods, Gyroscope, Pinball Map & Behind Space. Would have killed for more off Colony.

Saw them last fortnight at the Wiltern. Good live show, but poor setlist.

They're doing Soundwave down here later this month, but I don't think it'd justify seeing them again!
3/10 Windhand
12/10 Nils Frahm

Last edited by fletchzer; 02-20-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:22 PM
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabo03 View Post
Bootleg link please
They had the set list up but the link was deactivated a while ago sorry.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:12 PM
N00B

I look at that set list and I go..........

.....wow, how the mighty have fallen.

I was at that show and it was unbelievable. Pure concentrated awesomeness by a band that was still on top of its game.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:08 PM
N00B

I have the bootleg of this show, PM for files.

Steve, I compressed it and can send it to you or burn it for you for the next show we go to.

(Or you can borrow one of my flash drives with the files on it)
Old 08-15-2014, 07:56 AM

With the recent announcement of the In Flames/Opeth 2014 tour, I got all sad because I might not get to go to it...unless I drive to Chicago. I then got nostalgic so forgive me...it's really hitting me hard right now about where my life has taken me all these years after this show. I essentially grew up with In Flames and 15 years has gone by in a flash. I still remember being front row for this and giving Jesper my brand new NY Yankees hat as a welcome to NY for the first time gift. I was leaning against his monitor and tapping along with what they were playing, but apparently was covering up part of the speaker. He started tapping on my arm with his foot along with the music at the same time but in truth it was to ask me to move my arm haha. It's the smallest things that stick with you for some reason.

Thank the good lord I'm old enough to have seen this 1999 tour and every tour since. I remember the build up like it was fucking yesterday...the Milwaukee Metalfest was really the absolute first time a bunch of European bands like this gathered to play in the US. Sure there were some tours before here and maybe there (At The Gates 1996 comes to mind), but that event was the catalyst and beginning to why all your favorite bands play the states so often now. It was so incredibly rare to see one of these bands tour, but good luck finding a record in a store...hell back then, you couldn't even find Helloween records at retail. It was mail-order only baby, I used to sit there with a yellow magic marker and the Relapse, Nuclear Blast and Century Media (Century Black especially!) catalogs and hours and hours would go by with me highlighting which records I wanted. The little printed lines with the band and album and underneath that a small description of what the band was categorized in was what you did to learn. No Youtube, Amazon (it existed but there were certainly no In Flames records there), etc., this was work, but fun work...I would take that any day.

Anyway, Jack Koshick who ran that Milwaukee Metalfest event was a sleazy swindling cheat and thief, but by some divine order, that event used to go off without a hitch until he got run out of town basically. Opeth, Cradle of Filth, In Flames, Krisiun, Marduk, Mental Home, Mactatus, Satyricon, Dawn, Emperor, Hypocrisy, just unreal. Those 97-99 festivals allow you to see Children of Bodom every 6 months. Know your history!

I got to see Stand Ablaze, Jotun, Moonshield, most of the Colony record, and Episode 666 closed every show for years after that. Now look at the state of things.

I literally can't believe I was lucky enough to be around and actively into this music at this exact time in the world, what a blessing.

Last edited by Maideneer; 08-15-2014 at 08:16 AM.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:43 AM
N00B

Good reminiscing, man. Getting into metal for me was a slow process; I was first becoming aware of bands like this in circa 1998-99, but I wasn't really immersed until several years later.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:45 AM
N00B

I think Katatonia played Milwaukee Metalfest (not sure which year, if there were more than one) and I think they said it was one of the worst shows they've ever played.
11/30 - Slipknot/Korn
12/27 - Protest the Hero
Old 08-15-2014, 12:01 PM

Yup that was 2000 I believe. It started to go down hill after '99 with numerous cancellations and confusion on all sides.

Opeth played the same show, so did King Diamond and Entombed. Actually so did Children of Bodom and Mayhem.

Anathema, Einherjer and Limbonic Art did 2001, not bad either now that I see it!

Naglfar, Enslaved, Lullacry and FUCKING Windir did 2003, the last year of the fest.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
I think Katatonia played Milwaukee Metalfest (not sure which year, if there were more than one) and I think they said it was one of the worst shows they've ever played.
Yeah that was 2000. I've read that on the internet before also. I know someone in Opeth has also listed one of the Milwaukee Metalfest shows as one of their worst shows also.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:12 PM

Tags
in flames