Touche Amore -- Lawrence, KS -- July 27th, 2014
Machine Head -- Toledo, OH -- July 18th, 2014
MayhemFest -- Clarkston, MI -- July 17th, 2014
Winger -- Portland, ME -- July 26th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 02-12-2012, 08:54 PM
N00B

Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- February 12th, 2012

I won't review in depth right now, I'm too tired. I was actually surprised w/ Lacuna Coil and Volbeat, they both put on good shows. Motorhead was good. Megadeth was good too, not the best show I've seen them do, AND NOT PLAYING ANGRY AGAIN CERTAINLY CONTRIBUTED TO THAT.

REVIEW...

Lacuna Coil came on around 6:25, I don't like their music, so I didn't expect much from them, but they actually put on a good show, and played a song I enjoyed. I was impressed. From what songs they announced, I'm assuming their set is the same as it's been all tour. Someone on Dime recorded their set, as well as Volbeat and Motorhead, so I can probably update this with their set in the future. But yeah, they were good, although their set was really short.

Volbeat were up next, and I didn't care for their music either, but they put on a hell of a show, and I enjoyed what I heard. Oh yeah, and HANK FUCKING SHERMANN was playing guitar with them.

A Warrior's Call
Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood
The Human Instrument
Sad Man's Tongue
Hallelujah Goat
Who They Are
Fallen
The Mirror and the Ripper
Pool of Booze, Booze, Booza
Still Counting
Raining Blood(outro)

Motorhead were up next and they tore threw their set. Really good show, I think they were better than the last time I saw them. And I have to say, Mikkey Dee is a monster on drums.

Bomber
Damage Case
I Know How to Die
Stay Clean
Over the Top
The Chase Is Better Than the Catch
The One to Sing the Blues w/Drum Solo
Going to Brazil
Killed by Death
Ace of Spades
Overkill

Megadeth closed. This was my sixth time seeing them, and they still put on a good show, but it definitely wasn't the best. The sound was worse than usual, and that's saying something. At some points I couldn't tell if Dave was having problems with his voice or if the sound just sucked. The crowd crush was pretty brutal, like always. I was hoping for Angry Again, but I was let down. On the upside, I did see Foreclosure of a Dream. Also, Broderick and Dave played most of the Hangar 18 solos in front of me, which was awesome. Also, the Thirteen songs sounded pretty good, maybe I should give the album a chance? He got pissed before one of the Thirteen songs because people kept yelling, which sometimes happens at shows.

Trust
Wake Up Dead
A Tout le Monde w/Scabbia
Hangar 18
She Wolf
Foreclosure of a Dream
Dawn Patrol
Poison Was the Cure
Headcrusher
Public Enemy No. 1
Whose Life (Is it Anyways?)
Guns, Drugs & Money
Symphony of Destruction
*Dave gave a guitar to a fan for some reason*
Peace Sells w/Vic Rattlehead
---
Holy Wars
8/29 - Sleep

Last edited by Jochen; 02-13-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:17 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochen View Post
I won't review in depth right now, I'm too tired. I was actually surprised w/ Lacuna Coil and Volbeat, they both put on good shows. Motorhead was good. Megadeth was good too, not the best show I've seen them do, AND NOT PLAYING ANGRY AGAIN CERTAINLY CONTRIBUTED TO THAT.

Trust
Wake Up Dead
A Tout le Monde w/Scabbia
Hangar 18
She Wolf
Foreclosure of a Dream
Dawn Patrol
Poison Was the Cure
Headcrusher
Public Enemy No. 1
Whose Life (Is it Anyways?)
Guns, Drugs & Money
Symphony of Destruction
*Dave gave a guitar to a fan for some reason*
Peace Sells w/Vic Rattlehead
---
Holy Wars
I think he's been doing that at every show, he did in Oshawa last week. He said something about a contest.
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation
Old 02-13-2012, 12:12 PM
N00B

What was MOTORHEAD'S set?
Thanks.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:45 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonic View Post
What was MOTORHEAD'S set?
Thanks.
Motorheads setlist according to setlist.fm, since I only recognized two songs only being fairly familiar with them before the show-

Bomber
Damage Case
I Know How to Die
Stay Clean
Over the Top
The Chase Is Better Than the Catch
The One to Sing the Blues
Drum Solo
Going to Brazil
Killed by Death
Ace of Spades
Overkill

And I think the problems with Megadeth's set mentioned in the original post were due to venue and not with Dave. This was my 3rd concert at The Rave and when I saw Primus there in 2010 the sound was horrid. Way worse than this was sound wise. But last night was so great. Lacuna Coil and Megadeth were my favorites!
Bastille (10/18)
Old 02-13-2012, 02:49 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochen View Post
He got pissed before one of the Thirteen songs because people kept yelling, which sometimes happens at shows.
Yeah that was before Guns, Drugs, & Money. Another guy & me were yelling requests (mine was 99 Ways To Die and the other guys was the title track from the new album 13), but I doubt Dave was pissed about us as it would probably be impossible for him to hear us from the balcony. If it was us, I'm sorry that I temporarily disrupted the show.
Bastille (10/18)
Old 02-13-2012, 03:34 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetgrass View Post
Yeah that was before Guns, Drugs, & Money. Another guy & me were yelling requests (mine was 99 Ways To Die and the other guys was the title track from the new album 13), but I doubt Dave was pissed about us as it would probably be impossible for him to hear us from the balcony. If it was us, I'm sorry that I temporarily disrupted Dave's ego.
Fixed.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:57 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetgrass View Post
Yeah that was before Guns, Drugs, & Money. Another guy & me were yelling requests (mine was 99 Ways To Die and the other guys was the title track from the new album 13), but I doubt Dave was pissed about us as it would probably be impossible for him to hear us from the balcony. If it was us, I'm sorry that I temporarily disrupted the show.
lol, it's cool. He was pissed at some people on the floor, I was shouting too, except for New World Order.
8/29 - Sleep
Old 02-13-2012, 04:46 PM
N00B

How was the sound? I was at the show in Chicago and it was bad. After reading about the show in Michigan, it sounded like they had the same exact problem. A guy on Blabbermouth posted about Michigan - "I couldn't hear Dave about half the time and the guitars were in and out - it was like listening to a stereo with a blown channel - very frustrating. It's 2012 - figure out how to engineer a show!" That is exactly how it sounded in Chicago.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:59 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSlave71 View Post
How was the sound? I was at the show in Chicago and it was bad. After reading about the show in Michigan, it sounded like they had the same exact problem. A guy on Blabbermouth posted about Michigan - "I couldn't hear Dave about half the time and the guitars were in and out - it was like listening to a stereo with a blown channel - very frustrating. It's 2012 - figure out how to engineer a show!" That is exactly how it sounded in Chicago.
The sound was bad, but that's what one should expect with a Megadeth show nowadays. It seems like every tour there are a lot of complaints about the sound, mainly Dave's vocals being inaudible.
8/29 - Sleep
Old 02-13-2012, 05:17 PM
N00B

After American Carnage, I knew his vocals would be hard to hear. I was most frustrated with his guitar sound. It was terrible. It sounds like his sound was in a box and muffled. His guitar sound should be nice and loud to make up for the vocals.

Tags
megadeth