Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014

Old 02-12-2012, 09:13 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Biohazard -- Syracuse, NY -- February 8th, 2012

Biohazard
Feb 8, 2012
@ Station 58
Syracuse, NY

I'd never been to Station 58 before, and I probably won't go back, unless someone real good who I won't get to see anywhere else is playing there. Not the best place to see a show. In fact, it sucks. Flat stage. Seriously, didn't rise up at all, and there was a barrier in front. The only thing that saved it was that was I find out they had a balcony. I like venues with balconies, as they're a good place to film from. Unfortunately, you couldn't see the drummer from the balcony. So yeah, this venue kinda sucked. On a plus note, drink prices were decent, and there were 2 good looking bartenders. One had fuckin huge tits. Anyway, on to the actual review.

Had no desire to see any of the local bands, so we showed up right before Sworn Enemy played. As usual, they were solid. They play w/ great energy and crowds always seem to dig them. Not sure of the exact setlist. I think crossover thrash is a somewhat forgotten sub genre, and it shouldn't be. For whatever reason, Madball wasn't on this date.

Biohazard's lead guitar player has pneumonia, but that didn't slow the guys down at all. This was the 4th time I've seen them this year, and they were great just as they had been at all the other shows. Really good energy, tight, solid playing and just an overall great stage prescence. Billy actually jumped over the barrier and crowd surfed a couple times. Thought that was pretty cool. Of course, Europe shows are a shitload more intense than American shows, so I was suprised to see that happen. I really wish they'd switch up the setlist, though. But w/ that being said, it's still a good one. Here it is (vids attached):

1) Failed Territory [Intro]
2) Urban Discipline
3) What Makes Us Tick
4) Chamber Spins Three
5) Reborn
6) Black and White and Red All Over
7) Retribution
8) Down For Life
9) Come Alive
10) Vengeance is Mine
11) Shades of Grey
12) Love Denied