Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- November 21st, 2014
Threshold -- London, England -- November 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 02-12-2012, 06:51 AM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Crimson Shadows -- Toronto, Ontario -- February 11th, 2012

It was their CD release party and I'd been waiting for this one for a while! The full billing was Burning the Day/Bolero/Kalter/Crimson Shadows. I got there just after 10 and Bolero was playing. I've never been too impressed with what I've heard of them, but I thought they were pretty enjoyable. Folk Metal seems to really come alive at a concert.

Kalter was up next, and these guys came from Quebec for this. I'm not sure how many people had heard of them before tonight, but they made a fan out of me. They were a really good Melodic Death Metal band. They had tons of guitar solos, and lots of energy. I bought the CD and they gave me a free poster.

Finally, at around midnight, Crimson Shadows hit the stage. It's hard to say how many people were there but I'd guess somewhere between 100-125, which is a pretty good turnout. I thought they'd just play the 7 songs on the album and the 1 that they told me they tried to record but couldn't get on the album, but they also had some surprises in store. They played one song from the old demo , which I've been listening to for three years (it's pretty amazing). They also played a cover, and a new song, but I didn't catch the name of the song, unfortunately. It seemed weird to debut a new song that's not on the CD at a release party, but it was fun to see.

I also can't say enough about how talented these guys are. Their music is similar to Dragonforce, but with harsh vocals. The drummer, Cory Hofing, is seriously insane. It was his second set of the night (he played for Bolero), but he was just destroying his drum kit. I really encourage everyone to check out this band, because I think they are really amazing.

Intro: Glory On The Battlefield
Battle Hard
Lost in a Dark Forest
Journey's End
Quest for the Sword
Power, Death Glory
New Song
For the Glory of the Throne
Ruler of Mankind
Valhalla (Blind Guardian cover)
Kingdom of Ale
Beyond the Mountain Wasteland