Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014

Old 02-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Ghost -- West Hollywood, CA -- February 2nd, 2012

The show was at the Roxy in West Hollywood. The 13 Dates of Doom tour was announced a few months ago, so I bought my tickets right away. I found out a few weeks ago that the show had sold out. I also found out that I had a calculus exam the next morning at 9am and was shitting bricks. I was going to sell the ticket, but I said fuck it and went anyways. I got to the venue around 8pm and went to a pizza place next door to the Roxy so I could get some really cheap PBR before heading into the show.

Around 840, I went in and bought a tour shirt. A few minutes later, Ancient VVisdom went on. I had listened to their album a few times since the tour got announced. I liked it, but never payed enough attention to them like I should have. When they went on, I realized I actually knew their songs!! I was tripping out at first, but happily singing along at the same time. I was also tripping out that the singing was playing the drums, but was clearly the front man. He had it set up so the drums were at the front of the stage and he was standing the entire time. Alter Reality and The Opposition were the highlight for me. I forget what song it was, but the singer/drummer grabbed some chains and used them to play the drums instead of a drum stick. I couldn't stop laughing at how metal that was My friend also thought VVorld of Flesh sounded like a Scorpions song I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure they played through their entire album in order, based on the notes I was taking haha. Let me know if I'm wrong.

Alter Reality
The Opposition
Necessary Evil
Forever Tonight
Lost Civilization
Devil Brain
VVorld of Flesh
Children of the Wasteland

I went to my car at this point to drink a beer cause I didn't really care about Blood Ceremony based off of the few songs I heard. Hate me all you want, but I don't care. I saw their set is on setlist.fm, so here it is:

The Great God Pan
Hop Toad
Return to Forever
My Demon Brother
The Witch's Dance
I'm Coming With You
Oliver Haddo

I went back in at 1030ish and found out that Ghost was going on in a few minutes. The venue was extremely packed and moving around was not much of an option. At 1035, so the lights got really dark and the curtains raised. The smell of incense was over powering the venue and all the stoners used it to smoke weed cause there was already a lot of smoke in the venue. Ghost sounded AWESOME!!! They were so heavy and consistent to the sound on the album. I was worried it wouldn't sound as good live but they pulled it off!! I'm happy I got to see the entire album performed in the 40 minutes they were on stage. I can't wait to see them again in April with Mastopeth

Intro
Con Clavi Con Dio
Elizabeth
Prime Mover
Stand By Him
Death Knell
Satan Prayer
Genesis
Here Comes the Sun (The Beatles cover)
Ritual
Outro
Old 02-04-2012, 11:48 AM
N00B

Is it possible that "Intro" is "Deus Culpa"? You said you got the whole album but "Deus Culpa" is missing.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil709 View Post
Is it possible that "Intro" is "Deus Culpa"? You said you got the whole album but "Deus Culpa" is missing.
I just listened to a bootleg I have of one of the shows and its definitely not Deus Culpa. Fine, the entire album wasn't played. The One minute and 34 second instrumental intro track was left out so that a better intro could be played.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:37 PM
Altars of Radness

Old 02-04-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
hahahaha wtf?
Old 02-04-2012, 04:26 PM
...So let the children come to me, their mother loves me so shall they...

These guys seem to put on a good live show so I hope I can catch them with Mastodon/Opeth.
A Broken Team
No Word Said
A Silent Vow
We Loved You Then
We Love You Now

Tags
ancient vvisdom, blood ceremony, ghost