downset. -- Albany, NY -- July 24th 2014
Megadeth -- Metaldays Festival, Slovenia -- July 25th, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Tinley Park, IL-- July 24th, 2014
Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014

Old 01-27-2012, 10:28 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Worst Promoted Summer Tour Ever

I just saw that The All Stars Tour is apprently going to do another run this summer which lead me to think about this.

Last summer when they did their first run of it, it honestly had to be the worst promoted tour I've ever. It seems like they only promoted it through facebook and the bands sites. I swear I didn't see anything else about it and only heard about the tour through Iwrestledabears site.

Also they played the Chicago date at the Congress Theater. For anyone that doesn't know Congress theater is one of the biggest venue's in the city that isn't a arena. It holds between 4,500 and 5,000 people. This tour happened on a Wednesday and started at like noon. I swear this place was maybe half full for the day. IF THAT! I'd guess there was maybe 2,000 people in the place. Funny thing was as the night went on people kept leaving. By the time Emmure came on I'd be happy to say there was 1,000 people there.

I mean the bands got on quick and they were fast at setting up the bands stuff and always on time I just can't help but to think that no one knew about the show and why they put it in a huge theater.

Now with that apprently there will be a second one. If they were smart they'd make it a House Of Blues tour like Summer Slaughter is.

Now I don't know if this is a rant/questions/thought or whatever.

What do you think the worst promoted tour is and what did you think of how they promoted All Stars Tour.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:50 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Honestly, I though the All stars tour was a shitty tour, just not my style at all, so I can't really give an opinion as I didn't pay attention.

I can't really choose a worst promoted tour. Seems a lot of tours are poorly promoted. As you said, many tours are only promoted through FB and the bands sites. Seems like most shows in the Albany area are poorly promoted.

07/28-Cannibal Corpse (?)
08/09-Heavy MTL (?)
08/10-Heavy MTL (?)
11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm
Old 01-27-2012, 11:33 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
I just saw that The All Stars Tour is apprently going to do another run this summer which led me to think about this.

All Stars Tour came to a 1500 capacity venue here, for twenty bucks. The problem in your city is just with the promoter picking too large of a venue. And the promoter should have promoted around the city more. Not really an issue with the tour itself. The promoter is the one who would've lost money anyways, so he/she only his him/herself to blame for not working harder.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:49 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Well I think they tried to make this tour bigger than it should of been. I mean hell most of the bands that were on that tour whenever they play in IL usually play at a venue that holds like 500 people.

I mean another thing was I could only find one site that sold tickets for the show and that was the Soundcheck Hollywood site that was promoting the show.

Also I was able to ask tons of people I know that would know some of the bands on the tour if they were going and not a single person had ever heard of all stars tour. They did Summer Slaughter and all those other tours.

I'm jsut interested to see how to do it this year. If it was put in a HOB type venue or something I could see it selling out and actually doing well.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:08 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

No idea about that tour, but a lot of promoters here rely on Facebook and a local forum to do a lot of their promotion. Generally speaking, with the internet, promotion isn't really needed as much, because most people who are already sold on a band will see them, bands have a more established audience because virtually any band can be accessed very easily these days. It depends on the tour and band though.