Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Death Angel -- San Francisco, CA -- December 27th, 2014
Protest the Hero -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 27th, 2014
Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014

Old 07-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Meh.

Just put down Amon Amarth, Rotten Sound, Landmine Marathon, Exodus, and Anata. Probably unlikely but it's not like it's going to happen anyways.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:37 PM
It's fun to take a trip. Put acid in your veins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_M_S View Post
Nobody has said Hi to me yet. Come on, shitheads! I might give you free sunglasses! Depends on my mood. I'm having a blast on the road with the tour, everyone is pretty great.
I'll hopefully be at the date in Dallas in either an Eyehategod shirt, an Anal Cunt shirt, or a GG Allin shirt. Likely going to be there early since I could give a fuck about a lot of the opening bands.
10/28 - Mike Watt
10/29 - Melvins
11/7 - 7 Seconds

Last edited by RampinUp46; 07-04-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:05 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_M_S View Post
Nobody has said Hi to me yet. Come on, shitheads! I might give you free sunglasses! Depends on my mood. I'm having a blast on the road with the tour, everyone is pretty great.
Hopefully someone says hi to before Mansfield, but I'll make sure to stop by and say hi.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 07-04-2012, 01:01 PM
So either make a change or shut the fuck up about it already.

All ya peeps contemplating attending Mayhem just for Slayer should go, sounds like Araya doesn't want to tour anymore.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/...r_regrets.html
Old 07-04-2012, 02:02 PM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
All ya peeps contemplating attending Mayhem just for Slayer should go, sounds like Araya doesn't want to tour anymore.

As much as he may miss home, if we wants to feed his family and put his kids through college, he's gonna keep touring whether he likes it or not. From what I understand, Metallica are pretty much the only full-time metal musicians that could retire and do nothing for the rest of their lives. Everyone else either has day jobs that help pay the bills when they're not on tour (Testament, Heathen etc) or tour constantly so that they can be full-time musicians (Slayer, Exodus etc).

tl;dr Slayer aren't gonna stop touring anytime soon.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
As much as he may miss home, if we wants to feed his family and put his kids through college, he's gonna keep touring whether he likes it or not. From what I understand, Metallica are pretty much the only full-time metal musicians that could retire and do nothing for the rest of their lives. Everyone else either has day jobs that help pay the bills when they're not on tour (Testament, Heathen etc) or tour constantly so that they can be full-time musicians (Slayer, Exodus etc).

Metallica is has enough money to be able to do anything they want.

I mean Slayer could do a farewell tour with a huge world tour and make enough cash more than likely to live nicely.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:17 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:

I would hate for this to be the last time i see the band as it didn't end on a very good note.

Here's hoping for a farewell tour before boning out
11/14 - Slayer
Old 07-05-2012, 04:56 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:

We'll get a farewell tour when the time is right I'm sure! Funny thing is, with that article, Tom does somewhat of a 180 at the end, because he then talks about how good he thinks Kerry's writing is. The dude still enjoys playing live, but to be honest, this interview could be from ANY musician who tours full time.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:57 AM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Slayer won't stop touring for at least a few years. I wouldn't worry.

12/07: Slipknot/Korn (?)
12/13: Despised Icon (?)
Old 07-05-2012, 05:27 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post

You're kidding yourself if you think the guys in Slaye aren't financially secure at this point. Since RIB they have been one of the most consistanly successful and in demand metal bands in the world. While their albums don't sell what they used to, they still sell very respectable. Between Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax, Slayer is the band that has maintained the bulk of their fanbase through the years. The reason they keep touring is because the demand is always there from fans to see them. Also, when you've been doing that for 30 years, you know nothing else except to go tour because that's how you make your money. Just look at all the big tours they've been on the last few years. They're co-headlining mayhem for the second time and they've had tours with Megadeth and Rob Zombie and let's not forget about the big four stuff either. It doesn't seem to me the band is having much of a cash flow problem unless the individual members are just bad with money and don't know how to manage it. Otherwise, it appears to me that the band is doing just fine financially. They haven't had too many down periods either and they've always been good at keeping their name out there.

The other bands I could see having day jobs though. Testament had a long layoff between The Gathering and The Formation Of Damnation, so it's not surprising the members would have something else. Heathen is no shocker either since they haven't been on the metal radar in well, ever.