Warped Tour -- Auburn Hills, MI -- July 18th, 2014
Megadeth -- Denver, CO -- September 16th, 2007
Queen -- Atlantic City, NJ -- July 26th, 2014
Touche Amore -- Lawrence, KS -- July 27th, 2014

Old 04-30-2012, 01:22 PM
Cowboy From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
I know, but I still don't think they will actually give them an hour.
I say it will be an hour. They said 'headlining set'. That means they play as long as the headliners on the main stage. Maybe someone with catch Benante or Ian on twitter and ask them.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:34 AM
I came here for 3rd Strike setlists, where are the 3rd Strike setlists

It looks like lots of sites, when re-posting the list of tour dates, are posting a schedule that has a Buffalo-area date on August 1, but this isn't on the Mayhem site. It looks like this show IS happening, but only with the main stage bands plus Anthrax as an off-date. It was initially a full-on Mayhem date, but it looks like it's been scaled back. Some of the second stage bands still seem to have the show listed on their sites, though.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:01 AM
Flying Whales is about fat chicks crowdsurfing.

Same thing happened last year for the same date.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:29 AM

Haha I wish the whole tour was going there for selfish reasons, I have a buddy up there and how often does one really go to Buffalo?
Old 05-03-2012, 05:11 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_M_S View Post
It looks like lots of sites, when re-posting the list of tour dates, are posting a schedule that has a Buffalo-area date on August 1, but this isn't on the Mayhem site. It looks like this show IS happening, but only with the main stage bands plus Anthrax as an off-date. It was initially a full-on Mayhem date, but it looks like it's been scaled back. Some of the second stage bands still seem to have the show listed on their sites, though.
The venue did the same thing last year. We got Trivium, In Flames, Megadeth, Dogsmack and Disturbed doing the main stage and that was it. Machine Head was supposed to play but one of the guys was sick so they pulled out of the show.

Basically, the story goes like this. The venue, Darien Lake PAC had Mayhem there it's first year in 2008. They had the side stages and everyone played and it was a great fuckin time. But unfortunately there were some rowdy fans and I guess the police had to be called to the venue a few times to break up fights and make some arrests and ever since then the venue, who's obviously owned by a bunch of pussies, didn't want anything to do with Mayhem so they never booked it again.

Then last summer our local rock station 103.3 The Edge decided to bring it here by calling it The Edge summer Bar-B-Q. Only the venue didn't wanna book the side stage so only the main stage was played on. They're doing the same thing with it this year. Only Slipknot, Slayer, Anthrax and Motorhead have been announced for this year's show so far. They'll probably add in one of the other side stage bands to. This is pretty much why it's now become an "unofficial" tour stop for Mayhem and that's why it doesn't appear on the Mayhem tour page but the date appears on the pages for Slipknot, Slayer, Anthrax and Motorhead.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:52 AM

Makes total sense. Metal Blade hasn't removed the date from AILD and Whitechapel's pages yet, but that's probably just an oversight. Unless I end up going with one of the bands to an off-date or if I just end up going to Buffalo with the headliners, that's our only two-day break the entire fest.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:18 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
The venue did the same thing last year. We got Trivium, In Flames, Megadeth, Dogsmack and Disturbed doing the main stage and that was it. Machine Head was supposed to play but one of the guys was sick so they pulled out of the show.

Basically, the story goes like this. The venue, Darien Lake PAC had Mayhem there it's first year in 2008. They had the side stages and everyone played and it was a great fuckin time. But unfortunately there were some rowdy fans and I guess the police had to be called to the venue a few times to break up fights and make some arrests and ever since then the venue, who's obviously owned by a bunch of pussies, didn't want anything to do with Mayhem so they never booked it again.

Then last summer our local rock station 103.3 The Edge decided to bring it here by calling it The Edge summer Bar-B-Q. Only the venue didn't wanna book the side stage so only the main stage was played on. They're doing the same thing with it this year. Only Slipknot, Slayer, Anthrax and Motorhead have been announced for this year's show so far. They'll probably add in one of the other side stage bands to. This is pretty much why it's now become an "unofficial" tour stop for Mayhem and that's why it doesn't appear on the Mayhem tour page but the date appears on the pages for Slipknot, Slayer, Anthrax and Motorhead.
I've never been to Darien Lake so I don't know what the set up is like, but Amphitheatres that are contained with an amusement park or some other type of attraction usually have a problem with side stages because of the lack of space. Most amphitheatres I believe have the 2nd stages set up in the parking lots. With places like Darien Lake (I would assume) and the Molston Amphitheatre in Toronto doesn't have that ability due to them being inside amusement parks.

The Molson Amphitheatre has had to fuck around with tours containing multiple stages a bunch of times because of that. In fact when Mayhem came here in 2008, it was originally supposed to be at the Molson Amphitheatre, but then when the tour was officially announced it was moved to Downsview Park (it hasn't been here since). Fast forward to 2010 when the Uproar tour was there, originally the 2nd stage bands weren't to play at all because multiple stages cause a traffic nightmare on the grounds. Eventually they had the 2nd stage added, but playing at the same time as the main stage bands. Me and my friend had to duck out of watching A7X's set since they were playing at the same time as Hail the Villain. I think New Medicine was playing at the same time as Disturbed, so i'm sure New Medicine had very few people watching them.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:01 AM

I know this is total cliche press release speak, but I'm not gonna lie and say that it didn't get me a little hard

Also, it answers a question or two that has been asked here.

Charlie Benante: "We decided to pattern the Mayhem set on the kind of shows the RAMONES used to do: a high-energy, non-stop barrage of hit, hit, hit, hit, hit. No lulls, no filler, totally in your face. We're going to be playing a supersonic-paced set loaded with the best of our best."

"We really like the idea of not 'playing to seats,'" added Scott Ian, "and we want our crowd to have the freedom to move around, to go crazy with us. Plus, we've been on the road together now for about two years, so we're tighter as a band than we've ever been. Our Mayhem set will be a fun, fast and furious 45-minutes, so they'd better have the EMTs on hand."

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/...sitemID=173692
Old 05-08-2012, 07:50 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

I knew they wouldn't get a hour. Still, 45 minutes of Anthrax is going to be awesome and I'm glad I finally get to see them.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 05-08-2012, 07:55 AM
N00B

Well ill be seeing them at Rock On The Range(where they're headlining a side stage) probably similar set length so ill keep everyone posted on how that goes
Uproar
Crue/Alice Cooper
Fishbone
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour