King Buzzo -- Dover, NH -- July 9, 2014
Slash -- Hampton Beach, NH -- July 9th, 2014
Sebastian Bach -- London, England -- July 9th, 2014
Extreme -- London, England -- July 8th, 2014

Old 12-03-2012, 07:43 PM
Cowboy From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFlamesOfBirchmen View Post
Fair enough, they just seem better suited for something like Uproar, in my opinion.

Now, about this Slaythraxadon tour....I agree that Mastodon hitting the studio already is a bit weird. I'm a little concerned, but if anyone can pull it off, it's Mastodon.
I agree on Uproar. 5FDP wouldn't be so bad if Ivan didn't try to copy Anselmo so much & if they dropped the clean vocal choruses on 3/4 of their songs. The debut album was solid imo but the last two not so much. They had potential to be heavier but instead decided to become a more metal version of Nickleback.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Cowboy From Hell

I like a the diversity The Hunter had but I don't think we need a part 2. I prefer very detailed & progressive songs from Mastodon which would require not rushing anything. And alot of songwriting & studio time to perfect the songs and record them. Not gonna lie, I'm a bit worried.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:08 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERINEKILLS View Post
I agree on Uproar. 5FDP wouldn't be so bad if Ivan didn't try to copy Anselmo so much & if they dropped the clean vocal choruses on 3/4 of their songs. The debut album was solid imo but the last two not so much. They had potential to be heavier but instead decided to become a more metal version of Nickleback.
Ivan's cleans are the one potential saving grace to FFDP. It's his Pseudo-tough guy act he puts on for the "harsh" vocals and cringe worthy lyrics that really drive me nuts. He was never a great lyricist even on that first album, but from War is an Answer onwards his lyrics have gotten so repetitive and much more terrible. And that wouldn't be all that bad (there are tons of bands I love whose lyrics aren't very good) if the music itself wasn't so mundane. It's not that they aren't heavy enough or anything. The songwriting is just not good.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Crucial Mosh Achieved

Quote:
Here is the deal. It was rumored to be in the works pending how well Hanneman progresses from his medical issues. Got this from one of the bands camps BUT I never posted a thread or put it on my facebook because it was nothing more than a list of bands Slayer were talking about bringing out on tour. It was far from being finalized or routed, etc. A few weeks after this was told to me Brent Hinds says they are hitting the studio in early January. Anthrax has a reissue of Worship Music + cover songs due in March. Slayer has a new album due out in the first half of next year. It sorta makes sense. I have not heard any more about it. Mastodon rushing back into the studio is odd, as if they have a deadline to meet for something. Just because it was talked about doesn't mean it will happen.
Sounds fair. Thanks for the information though. I'll try to take it with a grain of salt.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Cowboy From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
Ivan's cleans are the one potential saving grace to FFDP. It's his Pseudo-tough guy act he puts on for the "harsh" vocals and cringe worthy lyrics that really drive me nuts. He was never a great lyricist even on that first album, but from War is an Answer onwards his lyrics have gotten so repetitive and much more terrible. And that wouldn't be all that bad (there are tons of bands I love whose lyrics aren't very good) if the music itself wasn't so mundane. It's not that they aren't heavy enough or anything. The songwriting is just not good.
I actually prefer his screaming vocals. Let me say his clean vocals during the verses are fine. Its the multi layered, processed vocals during the chorus of damn near all of their songs that I dislike. I agree with you on everything else. They try to sound too much like Pantera meets Nickleback imo. The thing that bothers me is that they have potential to be a good metal band if they tried imo. First thing they need to do is get rid of Kevin Churko as producer. He does Ozzy & In This Moment & if it weren't for the vocals & guitar solos all 3 bands recent albums would sound virtually identical - riffs, tones, song structures, etc barring just a few songs.

Last edited by WOLVERINEKILLS; 12-03-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:32 PM
It's fun to take a trip. Put acid in your veins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomynous View Post
THESE
THAT.

Edit: I feel like a dumbass, didn't see that the page went past the one all that shit was on. Anthraslaydon sounds like an interesting tour to me. Hopefully it'll all come together nicely.
7/1 - Cannibal Corpse
7/15 - Motley Crue?
7/26 - Summer Slaughter

Last edited by RampinUp46; 12-03-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:38 PM
That Guy

If for some reason I get an opportunity to interview Ivan. I'm going to ask him when he's getting back together with Motograter.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Cowboy From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
If for some reason I get an opportunity to interview Ivan. I'm going to ask him when he's getting back together with Motograter.
Lol I was at the last show he played with them @ Ozzfest 03 in St. Louis. They walked off stage after 3 songs. Looks like he moved on to bigger things.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:24 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
I've joked with him about that band, he has a sense of humor about it
Mayhem
Kiss/Def Leppard
Uproar
Crue/Alice Cooper
Fishbone
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Old 12-04-2012, 05:12 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Quote:
Lol I was at the last show he played with them @ Ozzfest 03 in St. Louis. They walked off stage after 3 songs. Looks like he moved on to bigger things.
I was at that one as well. The whole thing was quite odd.