Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014

Old 11-05-2012, 09:41 PM
I'm reaching out for something else.

Pathetic how recycled this tour is and it's only on its 6th round. Plus the damn prices keep rising, 1st one had $10 lawn seats!
Tough Mudder-10/26
Real Friends/Neck Deep?-11/7
Old 11-05-2012, 10:08 PM
Cowboy From Hell

Not only same old bands, same bands that your together!!! I am glad I decided to skip out on the LoG tour now Mayhem has recycled the Manson/Slayer tour and now the LoG/InF/H8breed tour.

When comparing this tour to Ozzfest, it is not much of a contest. Ozzfest broke out lots of bands to them masses, from the core bands to the swedish bands to Dimmu Borgir to Nu Metal. They had almost every major act tour their festival.

Mayhem is using the same 6 bands to headline it seems like and the same 6 b level bands to play the main stage or headline/rotate on the small stage. And the only new band they have helped out is 5FDP.

I'm really inclined to agree with Manks now. Unless they get some new headline acts. Deftones would be great, Rob Zombie not so much.

Last edited by WOLVERINEKILLS; 11-06-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:23 AM
Resident old fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
I think it's stupid for people wanting bands from 2 years ago. Personally, I think it should be at least 3 years for band to repeat on the Fest. It's the biggest touring metal festival and there is only so many bands that can be in the top 2 spots. They have done a pretty good job of stopping a shitload of repeats happening year after year and I'm sure they will continue that while they still can.
Well, you have to be realistic. This is a shed tour, so they have to at least have a couple of big names that can fill sheds. There just aren't that many of those bands out there...and some of them are too big for something like this, like Metallica would never play Mayhem. Maiden would never play Mayhem. There's only, like, 20 or so bands that realistically can headline this thing, and of those 20 you have to find 2 or 3 willing to do it at a given time. Hard to do.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:11 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
Well, you have to be realistic. This is a shed tour, so they have to at least have a couple of big names that can fill sheds. There just aren't that many of those bands out there...and some of them are too big for something like this, like Metallica would never play Mayhem. Maiden would never play Mayhem. There's only, like, 20 or so bands that realistically can headline this thing, and of those 20 you have to find 2 or 3 willing to do it at a given time. Hard to do.
this, and meanwhile names like Anthrax, Motorhead, Megadeth, etc who arent big enough to headline get a crack

previous years had a decent mix of new bands and established names on the side stages(I mean from year one who had bills loaded with bands that had already been around awhile-Ozzfest could afford newer bands because they always had Ozzy and one or two other arena names so they could pad the lineup with virtually anyone) they do need to drop the Sumerian stage though
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Old 11-06-2012, 04:14 AM
N00B

I for one am glad In Flames is coming back(since they missed a good portion of 2011), but now let's look at bands that could do Mayhem that haven't(or atleast haven't done the whole tour):
Testament, Prong, Exodus, Arch Enemy, Soilwork, Children of Bodom, Devildriver, Municipal Waste, Periphery, The Faceless, Bury Your Dead, Dillinger Escape Plan, Black Tusk, Thy Will Be Done, The Acacia Strain, Battlecross, Converge, Skeletonwitch, Revocation, A Life Once Lost, Dirge Within, Crowbar, Darkest Hour

I mean there's just a handful, and notice none could headline a shed festival
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour

Last edited by Steev; 11-06-2012 at 04:21 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:12 AM
Flying Whales is about fat chicks crowdsurfing.

Repeats, Simba.

Repeats everywhere.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:22 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

I understand In Flames coming back this soon since they only played about 12 shows on Mayhem 11. They should bring back High on Fire this year too since they had to drop off. Otherwise, I don't get it. I mean I don't even really have a problem with the other repeats since it's been at least 3 years since they played, but the same pairings (I mean I enjoyed myself at Mayhem 10, but I don't want three of the same major bands again all in the same year. Spread the wealth!) I think they are making a huge mistake if they don't book Killswitch Engage this year. It's been four year since they did it and the return of Jesse would a huge ticketsale booster. A Rob Zombie/Deftones/Killswitch main stage with Testament/Miss May I( like it or not, they are big enough to headline a sidestage)/ and In Flames or another band like Overkill, All That Remains, Parkway Drive, or maybe even The Sword rotating slots and the return of two legit side stages would sell tickets.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 11-06-2012, 06:35 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
I understand In Flames coming back this soon since they only played about 12 shows on Mayhem 11. They should bring back High on Fire this year too since they had to drop off. Otherwise, I don't get it. I mean I don't even really have a problem with the other repeats since it's been at least 3 years since they played, but the same pairings (I mean I enjoyed myself at Mayhem 10, but I don't want three of the same major bands again all in the same year. Spread the wealth!) I think they are making a huge mistake if they don't book Killswitch Engage this year. It's been four year since they did it and the return of Jesse would a huge ticketsale booster. A Rob Zombie/Deftones/Killswitch main stage with Testament/Miss May I( like it or not, they are big enough to headline a sidestage)/ and In Flames or another band like Overkill, All That Remains, Parkway Drive, or maybe even The Sword rotating slots and the return of two legit side stages would sell tickets.
I agree, KSE are overdue for a return to Mayhem. I still think Deftones are better suited for Uproar and would rather see Lamb of God in that main stage spot.
04/24 - Nile
Old 11-06-2012, 07:02 AM
MetalSetLists's Smartest Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev View Post
I for one am glad In Flames is coming back(since they missed a good portion of 2011), but now let's look at bands that could do Mayhem that haven't(or atleast haven't done the whole tour):
Testament, Prong, Exodus, Arch Enemy, Soilwork, Children of Bodom, Devildriver, Municipal Waste, Periphery, The Faceless, Bury Your Dead, Dillinger Escape Plan, Black Tusk, Thy Will Be Done, The Acacia Strain, Battlecross, Converge, Skeletonwitch, Revocation, A Life Once Lost, Dirge Within, Crowbar, Darkest Hour

I mean there's just a handful, and notice none could headline a shed festival
DOWN!!! And let's not forget some folk metal or symphonic metal bands too. Plenty of those. Lets get all the styles in.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:03 AM
How're yeh?

The big difference between this tour and Ozzfest is that Ozzy alone can sell Ozzfest tickets. Lamb of God were co-headliners in 2007 on Ozzfest, not that they can really sell Amphitheaters, but because people went to Ozzfest mainly for Ozzy, some people even show up late just for Ozzy. I'm sure the Mayhem people are crying that they can no longer get Disturbed. People here said the year they had that short Ozzfest(2010), more people were at those than at the Mayhem's at the same venue.