Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 14th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 12-22-2012, 05:19 AM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Hellawaits77's Half-Assed End o' The Year Thread #2

Another half-assed end of the year thread by yours truly. I don't listen to nearly as many albums as many of you. I don't see how some of you have the time (or patience, for that matter), to listen to upwards of 60-70+ albums a year. I enjoy my life too much to masturbate at my computer, listen to new album, repeat 137 times. I got around to 25ish albums. There were plenty of new albums this year where I checked out a song or 2 based on advice here, but I don't count that as listening to a whole album. Some great albums this year, some bad albums this year.

Will also chat about the top (and worst) concerts I attended this year. I only attended 15 shows this year, down from a year ago. Many bands seem to skip Canada nowadays, presumably due to the ridiculous border issues. Also, most shows in Canada are not cheap. I.E., as much as I like The Acacia Strain, I'm not paying $30 to see them, plus gas + parking. Startin' to get bad up there. So here goes...........

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 12-22-2012, 05:28 AM

Worst Concerts (or individual performances of 2012

Fortunately, there weren't many performances I couldn't stand this year. Last year, there were many potential candidates for this list, not nearly as bad this year.

Cage The Elephant - Orion Music + More Fest Atlantic City, NJ : June 23

Had only heard a couple CTE songs before seeing them at Orion. None of them were really my thing, but my buddy wanted to check them out, so we did. Their lead singer ruined it. They actually sounded decent, but he was just an idiot. Acted like complete idiot on stage (don't usually have a huge issue w/ that, but this was bad), and went on some huge political rants in between songs. I can't even remeber what they were about, other than it was "America fucks you this way", "America fucks you that way", blah, blah, blah. Well, if you don't like America, leave. Faggot.

Abigail Williams - Montreal : March 4

I've been kind of indifferent on Abigail Williams throughout their career. I respect the hell out of them for touring as much as they do, and how hard they work. I didn't care for their change in style on their latest album. I listened to one of the 42 minute songs, and that was more than enough for me. They were SO much worse live. Their set consisted of 2 (possibly 3) songs that encompassed their entire 30 minute set. It was so boring to watch them. They were lifeless, bored, and obviously just not into it. Each song sounded exactly alike, and the endless nature of each song made it worse. Thankfully the set was only 30 minutes.

11/25-Slayer (?)

Last edited by hellawaits77ny; 08-03-2013 at 05:06 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:33 AM

The Devil Wears Prada - Mayhem Fest Saratoga Springs : July 31

I don't think I have to really go into detail why I wouldn't like a performance by these guys, but I will. I just can't stand this style of metalcore, emocore, fagcore, whatever the fuck you wanna call it. I couldn't stand their gay-ass hair, their gay-ass clothes, their gay-ass music. Now, since it's so cool to be a hipster, these fags all said, "Hey, why don't we wear multi-colored shirts and nerdy, black-rimmed glasses? We'll be COOL!!" Fucking fags. Fucking hate hipsters. Now onto the actual performance. DREADFUL. The music is what I hated the worst, but because I hate their stupid gay-ass "style", made it even worse.

11/25-Slayer (?)

Last edited by hellawaits77ny; 12-22-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:44 AM

Ematoma - Albany, NY : January 15

You're all thinking "Who the hell is Ematoma?" Same thing I said to myself when I saw these guys were opening for Biohazard in Albany. Bogie's always has a bunch of local opening bands for seemingly every show. Some of good, but the majority are local, and stay local, for a reason. The first band my Pops and I saw were another local band (their name slips my mind, maybe Dolabra?), they were actually decent. Then these assholes came on. Ugh, they were awful. Awful enough to where I'm including a local band noone here has ever heard of in this list. They played a very generic metalcore, the kind where every song sounds the same even in the studio version. Vocals were low, drums were low, just sounded awful. And the lead singer was a moron. He was hammered, and he kept telling people to "fuck each other up." Yeah, you're cool, bub. The sound/lights dudes told them when they had one song left. So they played their song, then another. Venue actually let them play another. They then tried to play ANOTHER song, to which the venue said fuck you, and shut them off 15 seconds into the song. The crowd cheered. Not for the band, but for the venue kicking their pathetic asses off stage.

11/25-Slayer (?)

Last edited by hellawaits77ny; 12-22-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:00 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post

I don't think I have to really go into detail why I wouldn't like a performance by these guys, but I will. I just can't stand this style of metalcore, emocore, fagcore, whatever the fuck you wanna call it. I couldn't stand their gay-ass hair, their gay-ass clothes, their gay-ass music. Now, since it's so cool to be a hipster, these fags all said, "Hey, why don't we wear multi-colored shirts and nerdy, black-rimmed glasses? We'll be COOL!!" Fucking fags. Fucking hate hipsters. Now onto the actual performance. DREADFUL. The music is what I hated the worst, but because I hate their stupid gay-ass "style", made it even worse.
I enjoy these fucking fag hipsters.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:03 AM

Asking Alexandria - Mayhem Fest Saratoga Srpings : July 31

I don't hate these guys individually, I just find their music incredibly annoying and dreadful. Their performance was completely lackluster, which of course exacerbates a band that you don't like. There weren't neccessarilly any parts thats made me think to myself "Wow, this is so bad", but after the performance, I actually did say to myself "Wow, that was so bad." Another reason I can;t stand these guys is they're part of that "group" of bands that kids who listen to them think, "Hey, I'm a metalhead." I.E. Black Veil Brides, Of Mice and Men, etc. Hate 'em all.

11/25-Slayer (?)

Last edited by hellawaits77ny; 12-22-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
I enjoy these fucking fag hipsters.
No worries, to each his own.

11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 12-22-2012, 10:29 AM

Top 10 Concerts (or performances) of 2012

Deicide, Jungle Rot
- March 4 : Montreal

Had never really checked out JR before this show, and was very pleasently suprised at how much I enjoyed them. They were great live, I like their mixture of thrash, death, and even a mix of hardcore. Makes them fairly unique IMO. Plus, I met their lead singer, seemed like a very nice guy, and was pleased as punched when he found out we were going to film. LOL, I still gotta give them the BD. I'm so slow w/ that shit.

Was nervous after JR finished, as my buddy had found out that Glen had some extreme voice issues at their show in NYC the night before, and it had been over 30 minutes since JR ended, and we had yet to see Glen. Then no sooner did he tell me that, than did I see Glen walk out of the locker room, hammered, look down from the balcony and say "Look at these fuckin Canadians." They were on stage about 10 minutes later. Show wasn't as good as their 2011 MTL show, but it was still a great one. Glen playfully ripped on Canada several times, crowd was into it, and it was a soild setlist.

Jungle Rot
Rise Up and Revolt

Deicide
Blame It On God
When Satan Rules His World
Sacrificial Suicide + Lunatic of God's Creation

11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 12-22-2012, 03:48 PM
I'm reaching out for something else.

Quote:

Quote:
Asking Alexandria - Mayhem Fest Saratoga Srpings : July 31

I don't hate these guys individually, I just find their music incredibly annoying and dreadful. Their performance was completely lackluster, which of course exacerbates a band that you don't like. There weren't neccessarilly any parts thats made me think to myself "Wow, this is so bad", but after the performance, I actually did say to myself "Wow, that was so bad." Another reason I can;t stand these guys is they're part of that "group" of bands that kids who listen to them think, "Hey, I'm a metalhead." I.E. Black Veil Brides, Of Mice and Men, etc. Hate 'em all.
Damn dude. Just dont listen to it, sooo much negativity here. o_o
Tough Mudder-10/26
Real Friends/Neck Deep?-11/7
Old 12-22-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
Damn dude. Just dont listen to it, sooo much negativity here. o_o
Call me the Lewis Black of metalsetlists.com :-)

11/25-Slayer (?)