Sebastian Bach -- London, England -- July 9th, 2014
Extreme -- London, England -- July 8th, 2014
Ash Borer -- Birmingham, AL -- July 6th, 2014
Cynic -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- July 6th, 2014
311 -- Sterling Heights, MI -- July 6th, 2014

Old 01-16-2012, 04:55 PM
That Guy

37.) Fates Warning- Parallels

Fates Warning, while pretty much starting Progressive Metal (well Maiden laid down the foundation, Fates Warning created it, Dream Theater Perfected it) Fates Warning is BY FAR the most under-appreciated band in Prog Metal. They have done so much for the genre the average music fan will never understand (well maybe when the Metal Evolution documentary airs their Prog Metal segment, even that I doubt). Ray Adler, even today is of of my favorite singers of all time. THe music on this album always grabbed my attention the most. and We Only Say Goodbye is the first real FW song I ever heard. I instantly fell in love. And others like Life in Still Water and Eye To eye, just perfected it to me. I'm very happy to hear that there will be a new FW album out this year. It is much needed to show how Progressive Metal is down without musical wankery.

Favorite Song- We Only Say Goodbye
Old 01-16-2012, 05:09 PM
That Guy

36.) Faith No More- Angel Dust

How do you follow up being a one mainstream hit wonder? By doing some Angel Dust! haha. Actually Epic is probably my least favorite FNM song for that reason. Angel Dust is by far their best album because of the variety and songwriting. It's perfection in every sense of the word. Yet every song is catchy and abstract at the same time. Not many people outside the likes of Zappa, Devin Townsend, and Mike Patton can pull that off. From death Metal like Jizzlobber to the cheerleader driven Be Aggressive, to my favorite under appreciated song, Kindergarten. This album is the equivalent to a Commercial Mindfuck, in the best way possible. If you only know Faith No More because of Epic, learn what Faith No More was really about, with Angel Dust.

Favorite Song; Kindergarten
Old 01-16-2012, 05:21 PM
That Guy

35.) Goo Goo Dolls- Dizzy Up The Girl

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS DOING ON THIS LIST??????! Well it's one of the best Alternative Rock albums ever made. I do have a soft spot for Alternative Radio Pop Rock and this album is the highest ranked on that idea. It's catchy it's beautiful, and it gives you a good sense that you can write Pop rock and not suck. too bad that's rarely if ever seen again passed this album by the Goo Goo Dolls, or other Pop Rock bands in general. But this album....PERFECTION! In every sense of the word. Take a break from the Prog and Metal, and enjoy this album for the pure fact that, you can write great memorable songs without distortion....yes it can happen.

Favorite Song: Black Balloon
Old 01-16-2012, 05:22 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

People have always told me I would love Faith No More, but I have no idea where to start. Is that a good first FNM album?
07/25 - Masked Intruder
07/31 - Warped
Old 01-16-2012, 05:33 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
People have always told me I would love Faith No More, but I have no idea where to start. Is that a good first FNM album?
I honestly say it's their best, but doesn't have all their best songs. Zombie Eaters is their best song they have ever written, but Angel Dust has the best collection overall. I started off with King For A Day, Fool For A Lifetime, but it didn't grab me until after I heard Angel Dust.

But short answer, yes, this is the album to check out first.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:33 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Yes, but every FNM album has a different flavor to it, but Angel Dust would be up there in terms of accessibility I think.

That Goo Goo Dolls album is awesome, Goo Goo Dolls, as songwriters, are so underrated.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:39 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Yes, but every FNM album has a different flavor to it, but Angel Dust would be up there in terms of accessibility I think.

That Goo Goo Dolls album is awesome, Goo Goo Dolls, as songwriters, are so underrated.
I thought I was going to get more hate for putting Goo Goo Dolls on here, maybe it's before a lot of these kids' time?
Old 01-16-2012, 06:16 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Eh, one of the weaker Goo Goo Dolls albums. I prefer Hold Me Up and Superstar Car Wash, i.e. when they were still trying to be The Replacements
Old 01-16-2012, 06:20 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
Eh, one of the weaker Goo Goo Dolls albums. I prefer Hold Me Up and Superstar Car Wash, i.e. when they were still trying to be The Replacements
So true.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:48 PM
I know the songs you're singing saying nothing loud and clear I've heard that song a thousand times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
38.) Fear Factory- Archetype

There isn't much industrial music that I like, but when it's done right, I absolutely love it. That prime example is Fear Factory. Besides the album that followed it, Transgression, this album will go down as one of the lowest albums in FF's career. And that's just not right. I consider it their best. Why? Because they were all angry and pissed off, and it created some of the best songs of their career in one collection. Also drummer Raymond Hererra displays his best chops in the album opener, Slave Labor. This is such an underrated album for the fact that as long as guitarist Dino is in the band, those song will never be played (Almost all the pissed off lyrics are directed at him, with exception of the song Cyber Waste, which is about internet haters) This album is basically one giant FUCK YOU to everyone that doubted the band, and that reason alone makes it my favorite....also all the songs are simply badass. Check out this under appreciated gem.

Favorite Track: Archetype
Great summary! This album means a lot to me also. When I started to learn about the other genres of metal beside nu-metal and hard rock. I would often look at the amazon pages on the different sub-genres and when I first looked at the Death Metal page in 2004 it had this album on the top. Of course this is not a traditional Death Metal album but at the time this was the most extreme thing that I have ever encountered at the time. I listen to the preview tracks and I knew right away I had to buy it. Anyways, Great choice and not take anything away from Archetype but I have to honestly say that Demanufacture will always be considered their best album IMO. I just wished that Fear Factory will just considered at LEAST putting "Archetype" in their future setlists.
7/24 - NIN/Soundgarden
8/28 - Linkin Park