Sadistic Intent -- Downey, CA -- December 21st, 2013
Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014

Old 01-15-2012, 08:14 PM
That Guy

43.) Nevermore- Dead Heart In A Dead World

Nevermore, the definition of Progressive Thrash. Dead Heart In A Dead World has it all. When they go fast, they go FAST, then they go Proggy and Technical, they go PROGGY and TECHNICAL. And when they go Melodic, they write some of the most heartfelt, emotional songs that a metal band can do without sounding like they belong at Hot Topic. This album is a staple in 00's Metal music. Newer bands since then wish they could sound like this (All that Remains tried covering Believe In Nothing, while close, it didn't make it up to snuff), but there is only 1 Nevermore. If you want powerfully technical and dark beautiful songs, Dead Heart In A Dead World is for you.

Favorite Song: Dead Heart In A Dead World
Old 01-15-2012, 08:24 PM
That Guy

42.) Redemption- This Mortal Coil

This is BY FAR my favorite Redemption album. I love the Origins Of Ruin (If it wasn't for that, I never would have been able to name their DVD, Frozen In The Moment) But This Mortal Coil...Actually made me cry (Only one other album has done that to me, which will be MUCH later in this countdown). As someone who has a lot of people from different types of cancer, and other terminal illnesses, by the time of No Tickets To The Funeral, just listening to the lyrics made me stream tears. and by the time of Departure Of The Pale Horse, I was practically cheering in my chair. Anytime someone who can survive their health given death-sentence is a hero in my eyes. It shows us that we can make it in life. And almost most importantly, to appreciate everything we have in life. But besides the concept of this album, the music just kicks fucking ass! Real, True, Progressive Metal. I love every second of this album. And the bonus Disc of Cover songs are so damn cool as well. One of the best Prog Metal albums of the 2010's, without question!

Favorite Song: Departure Of The Pale Horse
Old 01-15-2012, 08:25 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Nevermore, the definition of Progressive Thrash.
Huh? Maybe if they were a thrash band... Anyway good list so far, nice variety.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:31 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

My favorite album by Nevermore, nice job so far!
Old 01-15-2012, 08:33 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
Huh? Maybe if they were a thrash band... Anyway good list so far, nice variety.
That's why I said PROGRESSIVE Thrash . And besides there are tons of Thrash riffs in Nevermore. Just not the Anthrax/Testament/Death Angel/etc style and speed.

But thank you, I love variety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
My favorite album by Nevermore, nice job so far!
Thanks man! The next 2 might scare some people off though.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:35 PM
That Guy

41.) Mutemath- Mutemath

Back to the left turns already. Mutemath does Prog without actually being Prog. Every song is so different from the next. Electronic, Alternative, Poppy, Prog, Rock. This album is a great chill album for me, even though it does feature some great faster songs like Chaos and Control, songs like You Are Mine are just perfect to sit back and relax and enjoy the music. And their next two albums have been drastically different then their self-titled debut. If that's not Progressive, I don't know what is. If you need a break from the Hard Rock and Metal templates. Get this album, kick back and chill. We all need to do that from time to time.

Favorite Song: Chaos
Old 01-15-2012, 08:49 PM
That Guy

Last one tonight, battling a cold right now, but I will continue on tomorrow

40.) Muse- Absolution

The Last good Muse album so far. (That's right I said it). There was a couple good songs on Black Holes & Revelations, and The Resistance, just flat out sucked. Absolution on the other hand (like a lot of albums you've noticed that I've mentioned) was Muse reaching their pinnacle. It's what I love in Rock music, left of center, thinking outside the box style alternative Rock with elements of Prog and sparse electronics. I would give anything for Muse to realize that they can still be rockin' without having to sound like a Electronic Pop band, that they have become. Absolution is beautiful in every sense of the word, and is still heavy enough to satisfy any rock and Metal fan. Excellent Musicianship and song writing. Something I really, really miss. Maybe one day. Till then I'll always have Absolution.

Favorite Song- Stockholm Syndrome
Old 01-16-2012, 05:12 PM
That Guy

39 will be up shortly....probably
Old 01-16-2012, 05:20 PM
That Guy

39.) Dillinger Escape Plan- Calculating Infinity

Probably the most chaotic album on this entire list. This is the album that helped me get into more into Extreme Metal. While this is technically a Mathcore album, it got me to discover the beauty in chaos. Drummer Chris Pennie (who later went on to join, then quit Coheed & Cambria) is an absolute monster on this album, and recorded it on such a small kit. If you never heard this type of music before you will listen to the first track and go "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS???" You might even hate it at first, but if you give it a chance, it will grow on you and you can grow to love it. Such technical ability and absolutely insane sections of music. but amongst that chaos there is sections that are absolutely beautiful as well just like the eye of the storm. For one of the most insane, but catchy albums to be put out there, outside of noise and grindcore album. Just give this one a chance. You may really be happy you did.

Favorite Track: 43% Burnt

Last edited by MPF; 01-16-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:35 PM
That Guy

38.) Fear Factory- Archetype

There isn't much industrial music that I like, but when it's done right, I absolutely love it. That prime example is Fear Factory. Besides the album that followed it, Transgression, this album will go down as one of the lowest albums in FF's career. And that's just not right. I consider it their best. Why? Because they were all angry and pissed off, and it created some of the best songs of their career in one collection. Also drummer Raymond Hererra displays his best chops in the album opener, Slave Labor. This is such an underrated album for the fact that as long as guitarist Dino is in the band, those song will never be played (Almost all the pissed off lyrics are directed at him, with exception of the song Cyber Waste, which is about internet haters) This album is basically one giant FUCK YOU to everyone that doubted the band, and that reason alone makes it my favorite....also all the songs are simply badass. Check out this under appreciated gem.

Favorite Track: Archetype