System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Montreal, Quebec -- December 13th, 2014
Nonpoint -- Flint, MI -- December 13th, 2014
HIM -- Silver Spring, MD -- December 12th, 2014

Old 01-19-2012, 04:00 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-voltage View Post
Hey man great list so far. Pretty unique. Chaos A.D. is definitely my favorite Sepultura album as well. It is a great example of groove metal. So many memorable riffs.

I have to point out your pick of Fear Factory's Archetype. Fear Factory is my 3rd favorite band of all time and I feel like they don't get enough love on this site. I agree that many fans dismiss this album too quickly. I think it is highly underrated. Although Dino is not there, Wolbers does a great job of creating the fast chugging riffs. I think it is Burton's best vocal album as well, both clean singing and screaming. The best vocalist in metal, in my opinion.
I still wish Sepultura was as good as they were back in these days. They are capable of it even without Max and Igor.

As much as I love Demanufacture, Archetype will always be my favorite FF record. Especially for all the reasons you gave up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
CHEATER!

Sun of Nothing for me!
That's your favorite TRACK, not SONG! (Yes I am being anal about this). Mine is White Walls.

Coming up next is the beginning of the Top 15.

Last edited by MPF; 01-19-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:22 PM
That Guy

15.) Iced Earth- Horror Show

This was the biggest problem I had in this list....Horror Show or Burnt Offerings. I bought both albums at the same time. Both feature one of my favorite singers of all time, Matt Barlow, and both had a huge affect on how I look at Metal today. But ultimately I went with Horror show, because it again features one of the drummers that made me who I am today...Richard Christy. Horror Show is a loosely based concept album about all the famous monsters in fiction. Dracula, Frankenstein, The Wolfman, The Mummy, etc. And the music behind it is just awesome. Jon Schaffer is one of the most famous leaders of a band that is either looked at as a musical hero, or hated for sounding too similar on every song. My opinion? There's nothing wrong with having a similar style to your other songs, not every band has to be completely progressive, just good music. That's what Iced Earth is. They write kick ass Metal that's in your face and completely badass in every way That's what Horror Show is all about. Great songs, great stories, and overall just awesome music.

Favorite Song: The Phantom Opera Ghost
Old 01-19-2012, 04:26 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
CHEATER!

Sun of Nothing for me!
GTFO.

WE WILL BE REMEMBERED... FOR THIS.

WHITEEEEEE WAAAALLLLLLSSSS

Also I'm loving this list.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:34 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguy49 View Post
GTFO.

WE WILL BE REMEMBERED... FOR THIS.

WHITEEEEEE WAAAALLLLLLSSSS

Also I'm loving this list.
Thanks man!
Old 01-19-2012, 04:35 PM
That Guy

14.) James LaBrie- Static Impulse

James LaBrie's best Non-Dream Theater project to date. This is another album that no one think is "Meh...it's alright.". People either love it or hate it almost entirely because of Peter Wildoer's scream vocals. I happen to love his screams completely. Jame's clean vocals wouldn't always fit where the screams are. It's hard to make Metal like that and make the cleans work without sounding like complete cheese. And James loves this style of music as well, so I don't see a problem. This album is a perfect mixture of Dream Theater and Soilwork. A combination of music I was waiting for, for a very long time. Not every song is in this style though. Songs like Euphoric and Coming Home are beautiful ballads, Euphoric especially. The next JLB album is going to be in this style, with the help of Peter Wichers of Soilwork helping write the songs. That only means that it's going to be better then ever. Until then Static Impulse. The Perfect Progressive Metal album with some screams.

Favorite Song: Euphoric
Old 01-19-2012, 04:47 PM
Hell Bent for Liquor

Horror Show is the album that got me into Iced Earth Still my favorite.
01.27 Dark Tranquillity
Old 01-19-2012, 04:48 PM
That Guy

13.) Daniel Jakubovic- Elef Kirot (Thousand Walls)

As you can tell if you've been really paying attention to my list is that I love me some good Pop Rock. And what happens when you mix it with Progressive Metal featuring one of the best multi-instrumentalists in the world today? You get Elef Kirot. Daniel Jakubovic is not a name instantly known by hearing it but you may know him from his work with Jordan Rudess in the past on his previous solo albums and live projects with Jordan. But outside of a couple solo spots, and some strings, Daniel plays EVERYTHING on this album. as you can see from the music videos he has released. the songs are so well crafted. Even the more Progressive Metal songs are just as catchy as any Pop song. The instrumentation, the music....DAMN! This is the only album that I can fully enjoy, where I don't understand one word that is being said. The whole album is sung in Hebrew (All of his other bands are English lyrics) but that doesn't even matter. I sing a long just like I understand every word. There's nothing like an album that can be so well crafted yet poppy and catchy at the same time, it's almost impossible to accomplish...until 2011 when this album was released. Please check out this Pop Rock/Prog Metal Masterpiece now! It's available to stream on his bandcamp page as I speak.

Favorite Song: Hi Omedet
Old 01-19-2012, 04:59 PM
That Guy

12.) Devin Townsend- Accelerated Evolution

Yup, this is the one artist that I had to put one album of. For me it's impossible not to. One other artist I should have put another album or 2 of, but if I had to do that, I would of had to for every other band on here, which would create a bunch a problems, so I just went this route. Anyways, back to this album. AE is THE POP METAL ALBUM. It hits home to me on every level on every song. It's very rare to find an album that can be as poppy as it is metal as it is perfection. Only Daniel Jakubovic has been able to that in my eyes up to this point. Whether it is a song like Storm, or Deadhead or Sunday Afternoon or Slow Me Down. Every song is just as good as the next. And it's one of the first Devin Albums that I could all the way though and be able to play on drums all the way through. Dev has never failed on any album he has been a part of that (I don't just say that because I'm a mark for anything Dev does, although I am) I say that because it's almost impossible to dispute. The only way you can is if you can't appreciate his style of music., And if you are a real fan of music, you can appreciate at least something he has done in the past. This is the best album (besides Addicted!) to get into Devin Townsend. Get this album if you haven't already and enjoy the Hevy Devy goodness!

Favorite Song: Deadhead
Old 01-19-2012, 05:17 PM
That Guy

11.) 3- The Ghost You Gave To Me

Joey Eppard and Co. are at the top of their game right now. The Ghost You Gave To Me is the perfect accumulation of everything 3 has done in the past, and make it into such a great Progressive Rock/Progressive Metal album. The songs can be heavy, then poppy, then technical as fuck, and all while being able to capture your interest and never let go. Everyone in 3 are masters of their instruments. While Joey Eppard, of course, gets the most exposure (and it's truly deserving), Billy, Gartdrumm, and Daniel are all fucking amazing at what they play and deserve the same amount of love that Joey does. Also on this album, 3 wrote their best masterpiece, Only Child. The 7 minute epic that showcases what 3 is all about in one song. The only complaint I can give about this album is that I can't play it enough. 3 deserves to be at Dream Theater style praise and luxury, and I'll do anything I can to help with that, even if it is just being able to play them on my show. I love you guys. Please, please, please, check this album out and love it as much as I do. It's so well deserved.

Favorite Song: Only Child
Old 01-19-2012, 05:24 PM
That Guy

PLUG TIME BEFORE THE TOP 10!!!

MY radio station W3rd Radio is on now, and my show, That Drummer Guy's Rock Block, starts at 9pm central. Tune and and let's have some fun. The Top 10 will start after the show is done:

You can log into the chat using any social media site, DO IT!!!

http://www.stickam.com/w3rdradioshow