Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Sleep -- Chicago, IL -- August 29th, 2014
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Clarkston, MI -- August 24th, 2014
Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014

Old 01-15-2012, 07:40 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Short setlist but I still can't get into Tool. I just don't see the huge deal with them.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:55 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
i didn't attend this, but that was the setlist from tonight's show at the Reno Events Center. thoughts? Obviously adding Hooker, Pushit & Ticks is really badass, but it's amazing that they STILL appease these alleged casual fans with the four burnt out tracks: Schism, 46 &2, Lateralus & Aenema. Certainly at least ONE of those could be benched for a while in favor of something a bit more rare? I mean, are there really that many casual fans at this point? they haven't put out a record in SIX years.They announced this tour out of the blue about 3 weeks ago iirc. i think everyone showing up is a pretty dedicated fan.

I'm still gonna pass on this when it comes to the Meadowlands unless my contact comes through with a free ticket. YOB opening up is very cool and def. increases my interest, but not for a ticket that costs around $100 at face if you actually wanna be close...nevermind what one might have to pay now for an aftermarket ticket.

Add in that NIN is my favorite band, and they play arena shows where you gets upwards of two hours of show with well over 20 songs & a singer who actually acts like he wants to be there, and it makes it that much harder to get excited for a Tool show nowadays. Same era, similar fanbase & level of popularity, but try to compare the level of effort & respect for their fans between the two and it's not even close.

Tool, and by Tool i really Maynard bc i suspect he's the real culprit, sadly just doesn't stack up to me, and i'm a huge fan & absolutely LOVE all their material, even 10,000 Days (except for Rosetta Stoned...ugh). I know his voice isn't what it used to be, but if you're gonna play an arena show with one opener and charge me almost $100 for a ticket, i think we deserve a show longer then 80 or so minutes with 11 songs total. Shit, when I saw them headline APW 2 years ago, they were only on stage for 70 minutes and played NINE songs. i know it's a festival headlining cashgrab gig, but come ON.

cue someone pointing out that Tool's response to my bitching is them playing Hooker with a Penis first tonight. Yeah, I get that, but Maynard's self-righteousness isn't as cute as it once was, and just seems like a cop out.
If you go to the show in Toronto there will be about 12000 casual fans there.
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy
Old 01-15-2012, 08:02 AM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Shit, when I saw them headline APW 2 years ago, they were only on stage for 70 minutes and played NINE songs. i know it's a festival headlining cashgrab gig, but come ON.
saw them the night after that, they played an hour and 45 minutes. youre lucky if a band plays over an hour at a festival.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:07 AM
not the mama

Ticks & Leeches and Pushit

They better play those in Boston. Those two alone make it worth it for me.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:21 AM
N00B

payed around $50 per seat, for two really crappy seats in the balcony, thats all that was left. Still haven't seen Tool before, and that set list looks pretty good, so I'm guessing it'll definitely be worth the money
5/11-Behemoth
5/29-Radiohead
6/26-Maiden
7/1-Roger Waters
8/3-Mayhem Fest
9/16-Kiss/Crue
Old 01-15-2012, 08:22 AM
Headbanger

The Grudge is one of the most incredible live songs my ears have ever heard. Playing Intension for 7 minutes over that is also unfathomable.

Taking all things into consideration this set gets a C+ from me. Hooker and Ticks are great but I would have to drive 3+ hours and pay $100+ and that's not happening for that set.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:34 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
but it's amazing that they STILL appease these alleged casual fans with the four burnt out tracks: Schism, 46 &2, Lateralus & Aenema.

It's called playing the hits. Four hits? Most bands would be scared to cut it down to 5, and everything else is super-rare. Quit your bitching.

Shit has 46 & 2 even been on the setlist the past few years?
Old 01-15-2012, 08:44 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
It's called playing the hits. Four hits? Most bands would be scared to cut it down to 5, and everything else is super-rare. Quit your bitching.

Shit has 46 & 2 even been on the setlist the past few years?
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=13829

This was opening night of their '10 tour and they pretty much kept this same set the whole tour. I'm pretty sure 46 & 2 has been a constant last few years I think, but I might be wrong idk.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:58 AM
Headbanger

Yeah I would prefer that setlist by a mile. I missed the exclusion of Vicarious also. How do you not play that f'n song? Weak stick...
Old 01-15-2012, 09:01 AM
Fragments of a sunbeam glaring on a kitchen knife

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
The Grudge is one of the most incredible live songs my ears have ever heard. Playing Intension for 7 minutes over that is also unfathomable.

Taking all things into consideration this set gets a C+ from me. Hooker and Ticks are great but I would have to drive 3+ hours and pay $100+ and that's not happening for that set.
That mighty yell at the end of The Grudge must be EPIC live, probably my favorite Tool track.

Tags
tool