Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014
Riot Fest -- Denver, CO -- September 19th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- September 18th, 2014
Puya -- Washington, D.C. -- September 17th, 2014

Old 01-09-2012, 07:05 AM
Rats off to ya

Kreator Begins Recording New Album

German thrash metal veterans KREATOR have entered Studiomega in Varberg, Sweden with producer Jens Bogren (OPETH, AMON AMARTH, PARADISE LOST) to begin recording their new album for a late spring 2012 release.

When asked about the musical direction of KREATOR's new material, the band's guitarist/vocalist Miland "Mille" Petrozza stated in a recent interview, "The songs are coming along great and I think it's OK to say that this will be our most epic album so far. There's some classical, a lot of traditional metal, and, of course, a huge dose of thrash metal influences in the new stuff. Everyone in the band is very excited at this point. The demos sound killer so far. We have about 10 songs we're working on so far.

Regarding the lyrical and visual concept for the forthcoming CD, Petrozza said, "It's too early to talk about the lyrics yet; many are written, but they keep changing all the time. Visually, we have tapped Wes Benscoter [BLACK SABBATH, DIO, SLAYER, CATTLE DECAPITATION, BLOODBATH] for the cover art. I can tell you this much: The artwork will be insane!"

In an interview with Aftonbladet journalist Mattias Kling, Petrozza stated about KREATOR's collaboration with Jens Bogren, "He's really good; I like him. I like the sounds that he gets. And I think the combination — Jens Bogren and KREATOR — it will be pretty heavy."

On the topic of how the new material is different from KREATOR's previous output, Mille said, "It's always a little hard for me to talk about music has been written but is not released yet. It will definitely have all the KREATOR trademarks. The lyrics will talk about nowadays stuff, as usual, so it will be like a photography of the year 2012. Also the lyrics will deal a lot of things that are actually happening at this point in time. It will be like reading a newspaper or something [laughs], with all the stuff happening. And, of course, the music will be typical KREATOR, and we also wanna expand the sound and progress as musicians. I mean, this lineup has been the strongest lineup KREATOR ever had since ten years, and now I think we're ready to come out with an album that blows everyone away."

KREATOR is:

Miland "Mille" Petrozza – Vocals, Guitrar
Sami Yli-Sirniö - Guitar
Christian "Speesy" Giesler - Bass
Jürgen "Ventor" Reil - Drums

Source
Old 01-09-2012, 07:08 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

I think "stories" like this are pretty silly. When a band starts writing, starts recording, finishes recording, goes to mixing, bla bla bla doesn't matter. They're just non-stories put out by "news" sources because they don't have anything else to talk about. The only things that matter are when can we hear something, and when is it out?

It's a bit different when it's something like the Black Sabbath thing, where they haven't made an album together in over 30 years, so the start of that process is major news. But when it's a band who record a new album every time a tour ends, is just non-information.

25/9 Andrew O'Neill
8/10 Jex Thoth
13/10 The Skull
Old 01-09-2012, 07:09 AM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
I think "stories" like this are pretty silly. When a band starts writing, starts recording, finishes recording, goes to mixing, bla bla bla doesn't matter. The only things that are matter are when can we hear something, and when is it out?
I'd think a new Kreator album coming out in May/June is worthy of having a thread.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:28 AM
WELCOME TO THE WEST COAST

Hm... Hordes of Chaos wasn't very good, and judging from the lyrical themes, I can't say I have high expectations for this album. I guess I'll have to see when it's out.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:37 AM
N00B

i musta been one of the few that totally loved hordes of chaos. This guy excites for NEW Kreator
Old 01-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickweiser View Post
i musta been one of the few that totally loved hordes of chaos. This guy excites for NEW Kreator
I'm with you. Hordes of Chaos was great and I'm looking forward to this one as well.
10/18 - King Diamond
Old 01-09-2012, 12:33 PM
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.

I'm stoked for a new Kreator album, I love all of their material (even the weird more radio friendly 90s material they did) so this should kick ass!

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 04-07-2012, 05:25 AM
Remember - today is the first day of the end of your life

Trailer for the title track "Phantom Antichrist": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gflKUjo716s

http://www.last.fm/user/voidflame
Old 04-07-2012, 08:42 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Sounds great to me. Hordes of Chaos was fantastic, better than Enemy Of God. Jus sayin.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:12 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMetal468 View Post
Hm... Hordes of Chaos wasn't very good
I agree. Hordes of Chaos sucked. Easily the worst segments of the show when I saw them in 2009. Serious buzzkill.

But, they did play riot of violence which made up for everything :
11/14 - Slayer