Opeth -- Toronto, ON -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014
Battlecross -- Westland, MI -- December 20th, 2014

Old 01-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
I think LA is the only place that has a problem with nu-thrash kids.
Oh you have no idea....

And no one respects etid fans.

And I hope Ghouls in it for my date
1/23-Harm's Way/Disgrace

Last edited by elturtleboy; 01-10-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:51 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
I also haven't seen much of these neo-thrash kids. It sounds like it's mainly a California thing.
Chicago's got a slight epidemic, too. At least from my experience. Nothing like Cali, though.

And I feel like I'm the stereotypical ETID fan. Skinny white kid with vans and flannel.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:18 AM

I figured. Last time I saw Municipal Waste there were tons of neo-thrash kids who were probably between 14-16. All with long hair, jean jackets covered with some thrash/death metal band patches on it, and with the white Nike high tops like it's an obligation to wear them if you're a thrasher.

My senior year of high school in 2009 there was an emerge of thrashers out of nowhere. Dressed the same way above. Maybe like 10 of them who all hung out together. They were all sophomores, a few freshmen and maybe 1 or 2 juniors. They'd glare at me every time I passed by them or they passed me, maybe because I was one of the only metalheads at school. I'd always wear shirts from Children of Bodom, In Flames, At The Gates, Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, DragonForce, etc, majority of those shirts with the tour dates on the back.

One day I wore a Metallica tour shirt bought from the show right after they had just played here. So they all glare at me and one of them called me a poser. I go up to them and ask what did they just say. They all look a bit intimidated and the oldest one with the most patches on his jacket speaks up and says I probably think I'm a thrasher because I saw Metallica when they're "sell-out thrashers" and "aren't tr00 thrash" and " that I have money and not broke like them like a real thrasher" right from his mouth I said I probably knew about more than thrash they did. I also pointed out how all of their band shirts, tight blue denim jeans, nike high tops, and patches looked brand new and that it looked like they just happened to all ask their parents one day if they can go on Rockabilia.com and purchase $200+ worth of clothing so they can dress as thrashers Kinda funny since I know a lot of thrashers, including them, who talk shit about scene kids because apparently "they have money to afford all these scene shows and money to buy clothes off hot topic" when they aren't much different themselves.

Long story short they barely had any knowledge on thrash. The only bands they knew basically were like the big 4, Exodus, Testament, Municipal Waste, Overkill, Warbringer. Only a few of them had ever heard of Sodom, Kreator, and Destruction. None of them had any idea who Forbidden, Heathen, D.R.I, Nuclear Assault, Death, etc. was.

My friend said the year after I graduated and even more the year after that, that there were way more thrashers than scene kids at my school, and that they still talked shit about scene kids about how trendy it is
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 01-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Hell Bent for Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
I said I probably knew about more than thrash they did.
Q: How would you like your boom roasted?

A: Well done, sir!
01.27 Dark Tranquillity
Old 01-10-2012, 11:50 AM
D.B.B.

Quote:
I figured. Last time I saw Municipal Waste there were tons of neo-thrash kids who were probably between 14-16. All with long hair, jean jackets covered with some thrash/death metal band patches on it, and with the white Nike high tops like it's an obligation to wear them if you're a thrasher.

My senior year of high school in 2009 there was an emerge of thrashers out of nowhere. Dressed the same way above. Maybe like 10 of them who all hung out together. They were all sophomores, a few freshmen and maybe 1 or 2 juniors. They'd glare at me every time I passed by them or they passed me, maybe because I was one of the only metalheads at school. I'd always wear shirts from Children of Bodom, In Flames, At The Gates, Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, DragonForce, etc, majority of those shirts with the tour dates on the back.

One day I wore a Metallica tour shirt bought from the show right after they had just played here. So they all glare at me and one of them called me a poser. I go up to them and ask what did they just say. They all look a bit intimidated and the oldest one with the most patches on his jacket speaks up and says I probably think I'm a thrasher because I saw Metallica when they're "sell-out thrashers" and "aren't tr00 thrash" and " that I have money and not broke like them like a real thrasher" right from his mouth I said I probably knew about more than thrash they did. I also pointed out how all of their band shirts, tight blue denim jeans, nike high tops, and patches looked brand new and that it looked like they just happened to all ask their parents one day if they can go on Rockabilia.com and purchase $200+ worth of clothing so they can dress as thrashers Kinda funny since I know a lot of thrashers, including them, who talk shit about scene kids because apparently "they have money to afford all these scene shows and money to buy clothes off hot topic" when they aren't much different themselves.

Long story short they barely had any knowledge on thrash. The only bands they knew basically were like the big 4, Exodus, Testament, Municipal Waste, Overkill, Warbringer. Only a few of them had ever heard of Sodom, Kreator, and Destruction. None of them had any idea who Forbidden, Heathen, D.R.I, Nuclear Assault, Death, etc. was.

My friend said the year after I graduated and even more the year after that, that there were way more thrashers than scene kids at my school, and that they still talked shit about scene kids about how trendy it is
Lol @ thrashers calling you a poser!
Old 01-10-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
Lol @ thrashers calling you a poser!
Pretty sure you know how bad the thrashers are here.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 01-10-2012, 12:08 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Pretty sure you know how bad the thrashers are here.
I live with one
Old 01-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:

While reading the 1st paragraph I thought the idea of having kids in your school who listen to thrash sounded pretty cool but from the rest of the story it seems like they're a bunch of tools who are no better then 14 year old scene girls. Seriously, calling yourself a "true thrasher" when you don't even know who D.R.I. are is fucking pathetic.

Last edited by BloodoftheKings; 01-10-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:29 PM
Face The Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
The kickoff show in Richmond is on March 16th and Ghoul is also on the bill.
I'm there, holy shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magson13 View Post
I hate Richmond. Now that Kingdom has the same booking company as Jaxx, all the good shows completely skip Hampton Roads.......
Hell to the yes, and Richmond > you
Old 01-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crionics View Post
Hell to the yes, and Richmond > you
Bah. We have the beach here. And girls that go to the beach. Suck it.