Machine Head -- Springfield, MO -- July 25th, 2014
Downset -- Albany, NY -- July 24th, 2014
Megadeth -- Tolmin, Slovenia -- July 25th, 2014

Old 01-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Copy-and-pasted from my Facebook earlier:

"Another volume in the "Who Cares?" Chronicles: There's a rumor that Kiss and Motley Crue are touring together. Maybe you can re-mortgage your house for tickets! Why pay $18 or 20 to see a GREAT band in an intimate setting that truly needs and deserves your money when you can see a washed up band that's 20+ years past their prime for $80-100+, just because they have songs on the radio?!?"
Old 01-06-2012, 05:43 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Quote:

"Another volume in the "Who Cares?" Chronicles: There's a rumor that Kiss and Motley Crue are touring together. Maybe you can re-mortgage your house for tickets! Why pay $18 or 20 to see a GREAT band in an intimate setting that truly needs and deserves your money when you can see a washed up band that's 20+ years past their prime for $80-100+, just because they have songs on the radio?!?"
Exactly my thoughts as well! I like KISS, but I won't pay their ticket prices.

07/28-Cannibal Corpse (?)
08/09-Heavy MTL (?)
08/10-Heavy MTL (?)
11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm
Old 01-06-2012, 06:08 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

they should name their tour ''The Has Been'' tour

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 01-06-2012, 07:08 PM
N00B

Ya my little boy would love to see Kiss, but i'm not paying to see them again.

Like the above poster, i can see numerous great bands playing small venues compared to one Kiss show. Makes my decision rather easy. I can list about 4 or 5 shows already for this year i can go for the price of a Kiss show and be within 100ft of the stage.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:46 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:

If I wrote this post, everyone would be calling me a troll for saying it.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:58 PM
Somewhere Back In Time

Quote:

Or maybe because they like the music? Or maybe because they want to see a "show?" Or maybe because they don't have to "re-mortgage" the house to afford a $100 concert ticket?

Don't get me wrong, I love club shows, but I also like arena shows. I also like seeing bands that I grew up with and have listened to for many years. Who cares if someone on the internet thinks they are "washed up" or a "waste of money?"

And I am not even necessarily defending these two bands, but I would definitely consider going to this show.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:16 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by es156 View Post
Or maybe because they like the music? Or maybe because they want to see a "show?" Or maybe because they don't have to "re-mortgage" the house to afford a $100 concert ticket?

Don't get me wrong, I love club shows, but I also like arena shows. I also like seeing bands that I grew up with and have listened to for many years. Who cares if someone on the internet thinks they are "washed up" or a "waste of money?"

And I am not even necessarily defending these two bands, but I would definitely consider going to this show.
This! I will try to make this show since both bands put on amazing shows.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:22 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Quote:

I like arena shows, too. But you have to agree though, that KISS tickets are extremely over priced. Most shows I've looked up have been $60-$80 for nose bleeds. I think that's excessive.

And yes, I paid $100+ for Big 4 tix. Yes, I thought that was excessive, as well. I just don't think a "normal" KISS show should be as expensive as they are.

07/28-Cannibal Corpse (?)
08/09-Heavy MTL (?)
08/10-Heavy MTL (?)
11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm
Old 01-06-2012, 08:22 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:

Wow, I did NOT expect to get that response from you. I posted this on Facebook earlier and was expecting to get flamed for it, but I actually got an overwhelmingly positive response for it.

1st off - I'm not downplaying artists who are big for the fact that they are big and charge a lot for tickets, god knows I've paid $100+ for Maiden tickets on multiple occasions, and I have paid a pretty hefty price for one or two other artists. But Maiden is also a pretty different animal than the sort of bands I'm talking about with that post. Maiden never really had US commercial success in their entire career, and for a band their size, they have easily one of the most knowledgeable, devoted fanbases out there - Rush is a similar animal. But bands like Motley Crue, Def Leppard, etc - are absolutely just cruising through the twilight of their career based solely on the fact that they had hits 25 years ago and that a large chunk of the public are idiotic enough to still pay big bucks to see them now because of that fact.

I know there is something to be said for the spectacle of a "show", like a band like Maiden puts on, and no, you can not get that at a club show. I love those big spectacle shows as well, but meh. I know that it's not the way everyone feels, but honestly if I were to make a list of my 25 favorite shows (out of around 110-115 or so), all but one or two of them would be at places that held 1,200 people or less. I'd rather have a personal interaction with a band than stare at a cool light show for 2 hours and pay four times as much money - but that's just me. Also, as an artist trying to break into the industry, I am 10x more inclined to give my money to bands that are struggling in some sense. Why would I want to pay $100 a ticket to a bunch of millionaires who haven't held a real job in 30 years, live in mansions, and can do whatever they want with their careers as opposed to pay $20 a ticket to a band who have to balance their music career with full-time day jobs and bust their asses to further themselves to ensure that they even CAN tour, or CAN make a new album?

Also - the whole re-mortgaging your house thing was clearly supposed to be a joke and an exaggeration.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:09 PM
N00B

Quote:
Wow, I did NOT expect to get that response from you. I posted this on Facebook earlier and was expecting to get flamed for it, but I actually got an overwhelmingly positive response for it.

1st off - I'm not downplaying artists who are big for the fact that they are big and charge a lot for tickets, god knows I've paid $100+ for Maiden tickets on multiple occasions, and I have paid a pretty hefty price for one or two other artists. But Maiden is also a pretty different animal than the sort of bands I'm talking about with that post. Maiden never really had US commercial success in their entire career, and for a band their size, they have easily one of the most knowledgeable, devoted fanbases out there - Rush is a similar animal. But bands like Motley Crue, Def Leppard, etc - are absolutely just cruising through the twilight of their career based solely on the fact that they had hits 25 years ago and that a large chunk of the public are idiotic enough to still pay big bucks to see them now because of that fact.

I know there is something to be said for the spectacle of a "show", like a band like Maiden puts on, and no, you can not get that at a club show. I love those big spectacle shows as well, but meh. I know that it's not the way everyone feels, but honestly if I were to make a list of my 25 favorite shows (out of around 110-115 or so), all but one or two of them would be at places that held 1,200 people or less. I'd rather have a personal interaction with a band than stare at a cool light show for 2 hours and pay four times as much money - but that's just me. Also, as an artist trying to break into the industry, I am 10x more inclined to give my money to bands that are struggling in some sense. Why would I want to pay $100 a ticket to a bunch of millionaires who haven't held a real job in 30 years, live in mansions, and can do whatever they want with their careers as opposed to pay $20 a ticket to a band who have to balance their music career with full-time day jobs and bust their asses to further themselves to ensure that they even CAN tour, or CAN make a new album?

Also - the whole re-mortgaging your house thing was clearly supposed to be a joke and an exaggeration.
This is still incredibly biased though. So it's justified for a band to charge a lot for an arena show as long as they don't have hits? I'm sure that's not what you mean, but that's how it sounds. If people had no interest in seeing these bands still, then they wouldn't be able to play arenas like they have been for decades. I saw both Def Leppard/Heart and Motley Crue/Poison last summer, and they were each packed. Yes, they do play pretty much entirely hits, but there are tons that grew up on those bands and love them to this day.

I agree are a bit expensive for the most part (I paid about $70 for decent Crue tickets, although I was able to get solid seats for Leppard for $20), but people love them, and they aren't idiotic for having a different opinion. Plus, Crue's show had a pretty high production, with the drum coaster and all. This Kiss/Crue tour I'm sure will also be high production, like Kiss's shows always are. I do agree that bands like Maiden are much better live, which is part of a reason why their fan bases are so dedicated. But all of these bands have an audience.

Anyways, I might consider going to this tour myself. I've never seen Kiss before, and I always heard about how good they were live. Motley was solid when I saw them, but I could do without seeing them again, so me going will probably depend on price and whoever they get as the opener.
3/2 - Dropkick Murphys
3/11 - Meshuggah
3/12 - Tenacious D