Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014
Helmet -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 11th, 2014

Old 01-28-2012, 12:44 PM
Altars of Radness

Artist: Integrity
Title: Detonate World’s Plague
Genre: Metallic Hardcore
Label: Holy Terror Records

Throughout the past few decades and numerous member changes Integrity has endured as one of the leaders of metallic hardcore. In 2010, with vocalist Dwid being the only founding member left, the band released their first album in seven years and proved that they were still relevant. Not long after the album Dwid would collaborate with Rob Orr for a new EP, Detonate World’s Plague. What was to come would be the band’s most important release since their 1997 album, Seasons in the Size of Days. The title track opens the EP with an explosive force and immediately takes you back to the band’s roots. The destructive riffs and phenomenal solos in “+Orrchida” and “All is None” are reminiscent of the days of Systems Overload and Humanity is the Devil. The production exemplifies the classic sound with a stripped down and gritty approach. I can only hope that Dwid continues to work with Rob, because the direction they have taken on Detonate World’s Plague has breathed new life into the band.

“+Orrchida” - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7gDxDPFVRA
Old 01-28-2012, 12:46 PM
Altars of Radness

Artist: Vader
Title: Welcome to the Morbid Reich
Genre: Death Metal
Label: Nuclear Blast

I found myself a bit underwhelmed by Vader’s previous album, Necropolis. It just felt like it was lacking something, especially when compared to Impressions in Blood. Don’t get me wrong, there were still great songs on it, but it was a mixed bag. So when news of a new album came around I was hoping it would be an improvement. The title, artwork, and use of the old logo all alluded to a return to form and that is exactly what it turned out to be. Now it should be noted that it is not so much of a throwback to the early days, but more or less an evolution of the sound they have built upon throughout the course of their career. After a short intro “Return to the Morbid Reich” kicks off the album with vehement hostility. By the time you get a few songs in you’ll find yourself immersed in the cyclone of tremolo riffs and blasting, but you may notice something different as well; the solos. Alongside the perplexing insanity and whammy bar use are a number of melody driven solos. The dueling leads of Piotr and Spider intertwine miraculously, forging a demented brew. Welcome to the Morbid Reich consolidates Vader’s past and present into a superior product, proving the band has not lost any steam.

“Don’t Rip the Beast’s Heart Out” - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa9i6XHd2dE
Old 01-28-2012, 12:49 PM
Altars of Radness

Artist: Morbus Chron
Title: Sleepers in the Rift
Label: Pulverised Records

Many bands have worshipped the Swedish death metal legends, but few have paid dues to Autopsy’s early albums, or more specifically, the impeccable Mental Funeral. The malpractitioners in Morbus Chron have visited the cemetery and exhumed the twisted sound, dusting off the remains and revitalizing it with a Swedish tinge. On the operating table the psychotic riffs are sewn together with surgical precision, traversing from frenzied rhythms to anesthetizing deliriums. Overseeing the carnage is axeman Robba, spewing painful, deranged growls from behind the sanitarium doors. The excruciating sounds emanate from the infirmary, conceiving an uncanny aura like no other. Morbus Chron’s debut brings back a sound long forgotten and injects it full of catalysts. It has taken the form of a masterfully reconstructed carcass, appearing similar to the glory days of Autopsy in both touch and feel while utilizing borrowed limbs from their Swedish brethren, Entombed and Dismember.

“Red Hook Horror” - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToLtylIID5k
Old 01-28-2012, 12:56 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post

I found myself a bit underwhelmed by Vader’s previous album, Necropolis. It just felt like it was lacking something, especially when compared to Impressions in Blood. Don’t get me wrong, there were still great songs on it, but it was a mixed bag. So when news of a new album came around I was hoping it would be an improvement. The title, artwork, and use of the old logo all alluded to a return to form and that is exactly what it turned out to be. Now it should be noted that it is not so much of a throwback to the early days, but more or less an evolution of the sound they have built upon throughout the course of their career. After a short intro “Return to the Morbid Reich” kicks off the album with vehement hostility. By the time you get a few songs in you’ll find yourself immersed in the cyclone of tremolo riffs and blasting, but you may notice something different as well; the solos. Alongside the perplexing insanity and whammy bar use are a number of melody driven solos. The dueling leads of Piotr and Spider intertwine miraculously, forging a demented brew. Welcome to the Morbid Reich consolidates Vader’s past and present into a superior product, proving the band has not lost any steam.

Couldn't have said it any better myself, although I had it at #2 on my list.

Oh, and how insane does the re-make of Decapitated Saints sound?
Old 01-28-2012, 07:50 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Quote:
Artist: Integrity
Title: Detonate World’s Plague
Genre: Metallic Hardcore
Label: Holy Terror Records

Definately wanna check these guys out, they sound solid. I usually like metallic hardcore. Can't do YouTube at work, will try elsewhere.

07/28-Cannibal Corpse (?)
08/09-Heavy MTL (?)
08/10-Heavy MTL (?)
11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm
Old 01-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
Definately wanna check these guys out, they sound solid. I usually like metallic hardcore. Can't do YouTube at work, will try elsewhere.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Old 01-28-2012, 11:14 PM
Born Again In Blasphemy

Quote:

YES!

In the same position as my list too.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Altars of Radness

Artist: Archgoat
Title: Heavenly Vulva (Christ’s Last Rites)
Genre: Black Metal / Death Metal
Label: Debemur Morti Productions

Archgoat has remained immune to time since their inception. All of their releases after reuniting have stayed true to the rotten essence and occult principles they established themselves with in the early ‘90s. In this respect, the new offering does not deviate. After a short intro the first ritual is set in motion for bestial annihilation. The sacrilege accelerates into an impetuous climax as the profanation begins. The relentless drumming and an abominable disposition produce an unparalleled primordial atmosphere. Pure blasphemy has unraveled itself in the most vile form. Continuing onward, the churning doom riffs in “Day of Clouds” develop ever slowly amidst the heinous vocals of Lord Angelslayer. “Passage to Millennial Darkness” returns to the destructive blasting and ravaging guitars, concluding the EP on a high note. In accordance with all of their past releases, Archgoat has disgorged yet another immaculate presentation, complete with their distinguished style and crude production.

“Penetrator of the Second Temple” - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJJEJFDyBnw
Old 02-03-2012, 12:07 PM
Altars of Radness

Anybody want to take a stab at the top five? I won't confirm or deny anything, I'm just curious if anybody can guess what they might be.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:14 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

SPEAKER OF THE DEAD